Main Site Downage / Rebuilding Updates [Changed Title]

Check here for any important information about the Phrozen Keep and these forums. Only staff members may start a new topic but anyone may post their thoughts and responses.
Ssergit
Champion of the Light
Location: Running around outside of Lut Gholein, sqashing scorpions

Re: Main Site Is Down

Post by Ssergit » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:48 am

jbouley";p="131561" wrote:
onyx";p="131548" wrote:And hope Xfernet fixes it's problems or you find your new permanent server soon!
Xfernet is not likely to fix its problems, and Raziel, formerly of the now-dead (and probably permanently so) Xfernet had better not end up in a dark alley with me or Phrozen Heart any time soon. :twisted:
Eeek! I'm probably not the first to hope that's not so... On the risk of sounding too Shakespearean--how doth it come to this? :(
Dough, the stuff that buys my beer
Ray, the guy who buys my beer
Me, the guy who drinks my beer
Far = a long way to the john
So, I'll have another beer
La--I'll have another beer
Tea? No thanks, I'm drinking beer...
-Homer Simpson

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:51 pm

Good Lady Ssergit:

Verily, it doth come to this whence a gentleman faileth to settle his financial accounts in good order with the guild that provideth the server space he offered to us and other fair hosted sites.

And whereupon said gentleman failed to notify us of his troubles, we were caught unawares when the TeraByte "guild" didst pull the plug, leaving us unable to retrieve any files on the server.

Which is why, good lady, Raziel should be on the lookout for ruffians hired by those he betrayed...he didst, after all, have many a site he plied with free server space and "unlimited" bandwidth.
Last edited by jbouley on Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Kato
Retired staff
Virtue

Post by Kato » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:18 pm

Good Sir Ssergit:
:roll: Um . . . Ssergit is a lady, not a lord.

:arrow: I shall have to SMITE thee!!! :P

:roll: But . . . maybe after you bring back the site . . . :P
"Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed." - D.Vader
Zy-El: Trial by Fire Mod Forum: http://phrozenkeep.it-point.com/forum/v ... m.php?f=53
Zy-El website: http://www3.telus.net/zyel/index.html Zy-El wiki: http://zyel.wikispaces.com/

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:24 pm

I do apologize for my hasty scribing of that message, and I have removed, I do hope, all offending masculine references to the wise and fair Ssergit.

My mind is addled lately, in part from recent tragedies with the site, in part from my taste for laudnum. Ah, the travails of the life I lead.

Again, Ssergit (a tigress mirrored, it would seem), my most profound apologies and my thanks to Lord Kato for setting me aright once more. I shall now retire to my chamber to continue the work of repairing our damaged Keep...
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Edynol
Paladin
Location: Sitting on a defialed tomb in a long forgotten Zakarum burial chamber raising undead mokeys.

Post by Edynol » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:26 pm

I think the Keep should go back File Planet. Xfernet sucks on so many lvls and I hardly had any probs with File Planet. Yeah they maybe slower to download stuff but at least they're dependable. For instance, since yall switched to Xfernet, everytime I go to a different page on the main site I have to create a shortcut because it kicks me off the site and I get an error and then have click on the short cut to get to the page I want. And I have to do this with every single page. Never had that problem with File Planet.
Be careful in the dark. Beware the Shadow.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:38 pm

Edynol";p="131757" wrote:I think the Keep should go back File Planet. Xfernet sucks on so many lvls and I hardly had any probs with File Planet. Yeah they maybe slower to download stuff but at least they're dependable. For instance, since yall switched to Xfernet, everytime I go to a different page on the main site I have to create a shortcut because it kicks me off the site and I get an error and then have click on the short cut to get to the page I want. And I have to do this with every single page. Never had that problem with File Planet.
Ummmm...no ;)

Rather than continuing with Xfernet or reverting back to Fileplanet we're trying something new :)
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Naga The Serpent

Post by Naga The Serpent » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:33 pm

Oh that is so cool I found you, thanks to the Lurker Lounge, that's too bad what happend...
This is nice to know that it is going back to normal, I was affraid that this time you would have disapeared forever.
Thanks to mr Bouley and Phrozenheart, your efforts are appreciated...

I had to said it, you do a so great work for everybody :P

Naga The Serpent :rotf:

Olorin
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Olorin » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:24 am

I'll never trust a dupe-site hoster again. :cry:

Seriously though...damn Rzaiel. Just want to say a big thanks to all the site-runners like Phrozen (obviosuly :roll: ;) ) Jeff and Spin for dodging and weaving their way through the River of Flamers/Fileplanet to find the Keep's corpse and ressurect it.

(That was a BAD metaphor. =8o )

Good luck to all involved. :)
"For I am Olorin! And Olorin means me!"
"For I also am a steward. Did /you not know?"

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:07 am

And thanks to DaMidget for providing us with space that ISN'T from a dupe-item site. ;)

Speaking of DaMidget, I'm working with him to get the hosted sites set up again.

Sadly, all hosted sites will have to re-upload their sites and downloadables once the process is done (probably before the beginning of the week...but I'm not promising anything).

I do apologize that I have no backups of the hosted site that I can upload myself. Phrozen Heart had technical problems related to his long absence that kept him from backing up everything...for my part, my hard drive wasn't big enough for everything.

In fact, Xfernet went down in flames roughly three days before my new PC arrived. Once we get everything back up and running completely, I will be making a habit of backing up the main site and the hosted sites too on a more or less monthly basis (since I have an 80 gig hard drive now ;))

But intially, hosted sites will have to re-upload everything to get us started. I'll let y'all know when you can begin the process. Stay tuned.
Last edited by jbouley on Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Re: Main Site Downage / Rebuilding Updates [Changed Title]

Post by jbouley » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:23 pm

Slight delay in getting hosted sites set up, though everything is still on track to do so soon.

Just that DaMidget had big-time stuff to deal with this weekend and I suspect it will have delayed him slightly in helping me get everything set up. But nothing has stopped.

File Center is almost completely rebuilt, we'll have new stuff soon (expect a new update on the home page in the coming few days), and hosted sites aren't far behind. And I'll have my PC on the wireless home network soon so that we won't lose so much if the Internet gods are mean to us again.
-Jeff Bouley

Return to “Staff Announcements”