Been a few years

Check here for any important information about the Phrozen Keep and these forums. Only staff members may start a new topic but anyone may post their thoughts and responses.
Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Been a few years

Post by Volf » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:07 pm

Just stopping by to say hi to everyone. Nice to see there is still some activity here. My hobbies have shifted from modding to photography and visual art. What are the rest of you up too these days?

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: Been a few years

Post by Cypress » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:44 am

Hi Volf! Might want to check out the Discord, almost all of the activity is on there, lots of mods and projects being worked on. It's great to see you, D2Scrabble is awesome!

TrueMage
Hosted Forum Moderator
Principality
Russia

Post by TrueMage » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:42 am

Hi, Volf! Really nice to see you!

FearedBliss
United States of America

Post by FearedBliss » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:56 am

Hey Volf, Nice to see you as well. I'm posting here since you have your PM disabled so can't message you directly.

I've ported your D2Scrabble (7a) mod to Cactus, and it's fully working and independent of any other external launchers (you don't even need Cactus either). I can't publish it since I saw the following in your subsite:
ps if you found this mod on moddb go ahead and click the little report button over there. No rights to publish on moddb have been granted
and I also found this link: https://www.moddb.com/mods/d2-scabble/downloads

Regardless, I used the publicly available release mentioned here: viewtopic.php?f=187&t=65161&hilit=d2scrabble

You can find the encrypted package here (PM me for the pass): <removed since it's now public>.
I'll remove the link and make it publicly available once I get your approval. If anyone else at PK has Volf's contact info and want to communicate this message to him, please to do, much appreciated!

Thank you!

EDIT:

I've made a Cactus Ports Collection policy change (in good faith) as follows, to allow distribution:
Adjusting Cactus Ports Distribution policy a bit. I normally do not distribute or port mods that have an explicit message stating that they shouldn't be distributed. I'll be making an exception for very old mods that I no longer feel I can get consent for since I want to help to preserve these mods, and make them more easily accessible. I believe that if I was able to get in contact with the original author (after 20+ years), they most likely would agree as well. If you are the original author of a mod I ported, and you actually still don't want me to redistribute it after 2 decades, please message me, and I'll remove it. As of now, these policy change allows me to bring the following mods into the collection:

D2Scrabble (7a)
Ancestral Recall (1.10)

Return to “Staff Announcements”