Searching for AR alternative

Post anything else Diablo II legacy related here but remember this ISN'T a hack site. All posts directly related to battle.net hacking will be deleted.
top10

Searching for AR alternative

Post by top10 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:28 pm

Maybee the visitors kill me, or some admin will kick my ***, but after I was thinking around AR, I realized that this is not a mod for me...

Does anyone know about mod good for multiplayer?

BTW... I installed Diablo I after years of settling dust on its CD and I have to say that D2 couldnt compare even with D1's shadow. I'm missing only one thing... RUN!!!!! 8-O
Last edited by top10 on Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's nice to be important
but it's more important to be nice!

Malifrax
Champion of the Light

Re: Searching for AR alternative

Post by Malifrax » Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:37 pm

I wouldn't feel bad about deciding Ancestral Recall is not for you, not all mods are for everyone. One mod I know of that's very popular online and for Diablo 2 v1.10 is Kingdom of Tenai, which has a forum on the Phrozen Forums. A growing number of people are playing it on the battle.net alternative United Realms. Escape from the Afterlife is another growing mod hosted on the United Realms and is worth looking into as well.

Since the only thing you miss from Diablo 2 while playing Diablo 1 is running, I'd suggest the Diablo: Hellfire mod Hellfire: The Dark (version 5.0 is due this month). It has a form of running built in while in the dungeons (hold down control while walking and your character will build up speed to a running pace, and you will slowly lose health as you run). It also has several changes to the gameplay and I believe there's a group of people who play it over Kali (a nice ipx/spx wrapper service).
You talk to the arena master.
"Ye have won more fights than anybody else."
"Nobody is betting against ye any longer and we believe, that ye art invincible."
"Sorry, no more fights."

top10

Post by top10 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:37 am

I'll try them... ;) AR is a good mod, but is probably intended for singleplayer only... Since I have built up a second computer and now running a home network, AR look unsuitable even in coop multiplayer, so I'm searching the inet for some good (=stable&balanced) mod I could play with my sis (dont think that girls cant play, I know what I'm talking about :cool: ). I missed just one more thing... These mods are for online/inet play or for LAN battles?

PS: Another possibility I'm working on is Diablo "datadisc" for Neverwinter Nights, 'cause I want to give Diablo more RPG flavour. But the playable release seems to be a long way of hard work... :roll:

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Moved

Post by kingpin » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:19 pm

*This topic has been moved from Ancestral Recall to General Diablo 2 Discussion*

Not all can like everything. There are several other mods to try out :)

This topic is more a general topic so I move it to GD2D

top10

Post by top10 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:02 am

I hope someone will read it there (or here???)... :(

(Seems like I post it twice... Does anyone know how to delete the previous one?)
Last edited by top10 on Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:11 am

You can use the edit button and add a mark to the delete box. But, you can only do this if you was the last person to answer.

I remove your duplicate post.

Return to “Diablo II Chatter”