Is there a mod that does this?

Post anything else Diablo II legacy related here but remember this ISN'T a hack site. All posts directly related to battle.net hacking will be deleted.
davidj8580

Is there a mod that does this?

Post by davidj8580 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:59 pm

Or would it be easy to do?

I have never modded before. Basically, I am hoping to "improve" single player, while keeping it pretty vanilla. There are a few mods I've found that do some of what I want, but no mod that did everything. I was hoping to basically make it like/expand Plugy so things can be easily toggled on and off if people don't like certain features.

These are the changes that I would like to have:

- Act 5 hell monsters restored to pre 1.10 patch (no more monsters from other acts coming in, just the Act 5 monster table like the original release)
- The experience penalty after level 70 removed/lowered.
- The cows restored to previous versions.
- Ladder Runewords enabled on Single Player.
- No cap on Ancients experience reward.
- Countess can drop higher runes than she can currently.
- Online only events enabled in single player (basically, all of the online only content in single player).
- High resists for monsters, but no immunities (at least to non-uniques). Capped at about 80%.
- Constructs still retain their original stats, i.e. Catapults, which are "Immune To Poison"
- Superuniques, but not Act Bosses, which get their immunities from being x-enchanted, still have immunities, so they pose a challenge, but at least you don't have a map full of them so they're easy to skip if you can't kill them somehow.
- Reduced the "Mana Drain" value for the monster-classes "Wraith" and "Wisp"
- Ability to mana/life steal off of every monster, though very low for the currently unleachable monsters (say, 10%), though it will vary per creature.
- Mercenaries fully equipable.
- Drops improved, slightly.
- Disabled super unique monsters reinstated, if possible:
ACT 1:
"Flamespike the Crawler"
ACT 4:
"Riftwraith the Cannibal" (Corpse Spitter)
"The Tormentor" (Burning Soul)
"Taintbreeder" (Stygian Hag)
"Darkwing" (Venom Lord)
ACT 5:
"Hell's Belle" (Hell Temptress)
"Blaze Ripper" (Death Brigadier)
"Magma Torquer" (Demon Sprite)
"Vinvear Molech" (Vile Witch)
"Axe Dweller" (Blood Lord)
- Quest to smash Diablo's soulstone, as apparently originally intended.
- Ability to upgrade set items from normal to exceptional, and exceptional to elite, like uniques.
- Increased chances of gambling rares/uniques/sets.
- Increased stash, and other modifications from Plugy.

"D2ClassicMod" (the previous version that only works for 1.10 does a lot of these, while the current version basically only does the Act 5 Hell monster restoration, and an annoying thing where all 3 of the "hell" areas in Act 5 have no monsters other than Uber Diablo in all three difficulties) and "Vanilla Frosting" do some of these.

Would a know-nothing like me be able to do something like this without too much frustration?

devurandom
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Re: Is there a mod that does this?

Post by devurandom » Thu May 07, 2015 3:57 am

Currently working on a mod similar to your concept.
Much of the work is done.
Assembly Reference | 1.13d Code Edits | UVLoD | BaseMod Plugin

Fiat paper money is the most elaborate and well devised form of slavery the world has ever seen..

Return to “Diablo II Chatter”