Any mod that just adds new monsters

Post anything else Diablo II legacy related here but remember this ISN'T a hack site. All posts directly related to battle.net hacking will be deleted.
darkmage1991
Anguilla

Any mod that just adds new monsters

Post by darkmage1991 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:08 am

i am looking for a mod that just adds new monsters to the game, nothing that touches quests,classes, drops, items or skills, just would like to have more variety in the monsters that spawn.
i have found Ogodei's monster pack but it looks to be a resource for making a mod as it doesnt have a levels.txt etc for spawning the new monsters, if there was a mod that just has his pack incorporated already that would be good too.

if anyone knows of such a mod that would be awesome as its hard to search for this kind of thing and the name of some mods doesnt make it any easier to know what it is =P

jetaman
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Ukraine

Hand-picked

Re: Any mod that just adds new monsters

Post by jetaman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:23 am

Hordes of chaos. All monsters are replaced. :twisted:

darkmage1991
Anguilla

Post by darkmage1991 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:08 pm

thanks for the recomendation. but it looks like that mod is a total conversion replacing skills and changing the storyline. i would like something that adds monsters without changing the whole game.

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:56 pm

I've been here a long time, and have never seen a mod that only adds new monsters.
It's really not hard to do, there are plenty of resources within infinitum that can either replace or add new monster tokens if you'd like to delve into it yourself.
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

darkmage1991
Anguilla

Post by darkmage1991 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:19 pm

:( sad, i know i could add new monsters relatively easy specially since people like Ogodei shared his monster pack.

i just really dont want to go threw the painstaking long task of adding each monster to each zone and deciding what loot table they should have etc. was hoping someone already did that =P

Doub
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Doub » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:43 am

I never came across a mod that ONLY adds new monsters, usually they do other changes as well.

Return to “Diablo II Chatter”