Merc Life

Information and updates for the Chaos Empire mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.
neithskye

Merc Life

Post by neithskye » Mon May 02, 2005 2:09 am

I have a lvl 76 barb in NM Act V v. 7.51 who kept the Rogue he got for the Normal Bloodraven quest. I noticed when she turned lvl 41 that her life took a major plunge; it decreased by half. No problem, every level-up since then gave it back, plus my Battle Orders help. Then, when she turned level 72, the same thing happened. I removed all her equipment to discover that, at lvl 72, she had 900 life, which seems very low for that level. So I started recording her life without any equipment.

Lvl 72 - 900 life
Lvl 73 - 990 life
Lvl 74 - 1,080 life
Lvl 75 - 1,170 life
Lvl 76 - 1,260 life

So it seems she gets 90 life for every level-up. Since she would have been around lvl 6 when I got her, 76 - 6 = 70 X 90 = 6,300. So how does she end up with 1,260 life at lvl 76?

I don't know the technical details of the game, but what I suspect happened is that general merc life is set somehow to a max figure; once this figure gets exceeded through the merc leveling-up, the number "warps" back to a lower number. Or something.

Anyone else notice that every 30 levels or so their merc's life drastically reduces?

Return to “Chaos Empire”