Finishing Act II impossible

Information and updates for The Hordes of Chaos mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: kingpin, Darque, Yohann, afj666

The Wendigo

Finishing Act II impossible

Post by The Wendigo » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:07 pm

Hi,
and here i'm trying and trying. I got three different characters up to act II and trying to finish it.

Following is what happens:

- i go to the gnoll hideout. I am told through the quest menu to: "Look for the chaos cube in the goblin den under the gobelinus feld. Look for the crown of dwarven kings in the gnoll hideout under the plains of ash"
I do so.
There is no "Crown of dwarven kings". Nothing even similar.

In the tainted sun altar in the bottom level of the mines, i find the classic "amulet of the viper".

When I carry it around, Lore tells me to put the "Crown Of Dwarven Kings" (which I do not have) in the cube with some Fairy Dust to remove some stone.
When I put the amulet in the cube with some Fairy dust, (logically) nothing happens.

When I find Tal Rasha's Tomb (i'm told to do so in the final quest- even if in the canyon of the magi, it tells me on entry "A Passage" and after entering, it says "Entering Tal Rasha's Tomb" Now what...??!) and find the Orifice where I need to put the horadic staff in the classic game, i click on it and the character says "Impossible." or "I Can't" or somewhat similar.

Jeryn tells me to go search all passages, and that one is the right one to go through the wastelands. I have no idea what that means, but it seems to me that to got to act III, it is different than in the classic game.

Well, i searched every millimeter of every mine, citadel, city, passage and plain, and that three times, even after reinstalling the complete game and there is NO EXIT.
What do i do to go to act III????

Thanks!

Ignotus

Re: Finishing Act II impossible

Post by Ignotus » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:43 pm

Hi! I played a long time ago (becouse of bugs I stopped till new version). You got the Chaos cube in the first Act and get the crown( or an amulet) in Act 2 (but I don't remember where exactly) AND there is a gem in it. You have to remuve the gem from the crown to be able to enter the Act's boss' chamber. The fairy dust is an item you can find in the battlefield(enemies dropping it) and in the chaos cube with a gemmed item it removes the gems from an item. You have to memorize the symbole thet isn't in the room to find out wich is the real chamber.

The Wendigo

Post by The Wendigo » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:36 pm

Yeah, thanks, I know.
But there is no item whatsoever that I can find that has something I could remove.
The amulet does not have any stones on it!

Darque
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Darque » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:32 pm

The stone is in the crown of dwarven kings, not in any amulet.
Diabolic Studios Web Site | Forum
THoC Beta v8.1Download | Feedback

Infinitum Web Site
Read The Forum Terms of Service

The Wendigo

Post by The Wendigo » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:21 am

Yes, that may be, but there is NO crown of dwarven kings.
I went through complete act II 10 Times, i opened every chest, there is NO crown of dwarven kings!!! In the Gnoll hideout is a chest, when you open it, there is only the sound of an armor piece falling out, but it is not there. its impossible to see or collect.

Return to “The Hordes of Chaos”