D2GFX.DLL Error

Information and updates for the Back to Hellfire mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.
Lydyn

D2GFX.DLL Error

Post by Lydyn » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:55 am

"The application or DLL "D:\Diablo II\D2gfc.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

That's the error message I come up with when attempting to start the BTH.exe and yes, v1.10 is currently installed with LoD. I have absolutely no clue what to do at this point ... please help.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: D2GFX.DLL Error

Post by onyx » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:38 am

Are you sure it's v1.10 final, and not one of the two v1.10 betas that were released before the real patch?

Also, check if the folder you installed the mod in is named BTH and is located inside your Diablo II folder.
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Lydyn

Post by Lydyn » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:20 pm

I was sure I replied yesterday ... huh. Yes, the BTH is in the right place (Diablo II/BTH) and I got the v1.10 patch from ...

*Sigh* Sorry, I need to give you directions, it won't let me post the website address.

• Go to Google
• Type in Diablo II LOD 1.10
• Click the first result (download . com)

That's where I got the v1.10 patch from.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:46 am

Interesting... Any nocd-cracks or other third-party tools installed? Do you have (or did you have before) other mods installed that could have overwritten some files in your Diablo II folder?
ONYX

Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Lydyn

Post by Lydyn » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:59 pm

No, no, and ... no. I'm using the CD, no tools are being used, and the only Mod I used with Requiem of Sorrow, but only after I had tried running Back to Hellfire.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:34 am

This is very strange. Maybe, as a last resort, try to make a clean install of the game?
ONYX

Lydyn

Post by Lydyn » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:54 am

Figured out the problem, which was really weird ... apparently I somehow installed Diablo II (a second time) in the Diablo II folder. So it looks something like; Diablo II/Diablo II/BTH now. It works perfectly.

Return to “Back to Hellfire”