Total votes: 0

cafa
Paladin

how about use a Shotgun instead of Crossbow caracter graphic

Post by cafa » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:05 pm

well i was playing witn the cofs and find this:

http://www.freewebs.com/cafa/shotgun001.GIF
http://www.freewebs.com/cafa/shotgun004.GIF
this is just a Cof edition and makes the croosbow appear in game like a 'shotgun' or (other long arm weapon).
since the crossbow graphics has two parts: the body and the 'bow' all i've done was found the entry for the 'bow' part of crossbow (sometimes found it its a bit boring) in the xbow Cofs and mess with its name:
the original:
06 01 01 00 05 78 62 |      x b w
change to:
06 01 01 00 05 00 62 |       b w
its done, now the game can't find the bw Dcc so it becames invisible and you have a 'shotgun' graphics instead of crossbow.
i know that your mod its a modern kind (great idea) so maybe you have some use of this...

[edit]
long (very long) time ago one guy make a mod that the crossbow missiles was changed to the 'locust swarm' graphics, he changes the sounds (shot sounds) also. if you mix his idea with this 'new' graphics for the weapon, you will have a very fun shotgun. if you use the torn beast missiles instead you can call it as rifle or even a machine gun (i know these weapons are already in your mod i'm just triyng to add ideas for graphics)
Last edited by cafa on Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:17 pm

Great discovery, but I don't think it would be of any use for Bloodwars, Inc., because all character graphics will be changed (imagine a Druid running around in a modern city).
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

cafa
Paladin

Post by cafa » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:15 am

humm, we are talking of a HUGE mod here :)! you right about a druid walking in a citie,hehehe but a barbarian Mad Max like can be useful. well there is an other thing, i edit the cof files and create a 'black' efect in the armour, so you cant see anymore the 'medievals' details on it (except by the helms, since i keep the head untouch), maybe you should want take a look:
http://www.freewebs.com/cafa/data.zip
since any model used in your conversion shouldn't have many armours stille this can be apllied to the druid or the necromancer... anyway its just a idea.

tk_incorperate
Paladin

Post by tk_incorperate » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:35 am

onyx";p="214174" wrote:Great discovery, but I don't think it would be of any use for Bloodwars, Inc., because all character graphics will be changed (imagine a Druid running around in a modern city).
lol dang...... this mod is gunna take u guys years lol specialy sinse ur doin all ur other "*not as good*" mods before this one, and this one is a "*side job mod*"
cafa";p="214183" wrote:i edit the cof files and create a 'black' efect in the armour, so you cant see anymore the 'medievals' details on it (except by the helms, since i keep the head untouch)
thats actualy a really good idea, make it seem like regular black, red, blue, wutever colored just real cloths, i could actualy see the druid "FIGURE" in a city, just wearing real new age cloths, maybe for the helms if u get enough time (thats if u decide to use this guys edited files) then you could make it like.... sweater hoods, forwards hats, backwards hats, sideways hats, cowboy hats, beanies, ect.
Last edited by tk_incorperate on Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: how about use a Shotgun instead of Crossbow caracter gra

Post by onyx » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:19 am

cafa";p="214183" wrote: well there is an other thing, i edit the cof files and create a 'black' efect in the armour, so you cant see anymore the 'medievals' details on it (except by the helms, since i keep the head untouch), maybe you should want take a look:
Great idea once again, but to reduce the animations size in the mod (and the work for us), we've decided to make characters not changing when you switch armors.
tk_incorperate";p="214218" wrote: lol dang...... this mod is gunna take u guys years lol
Yes, total conversion mods take years, face it.
tk_incorperate";p="214218" wrote: ur doin all ur other "*not as good*" mods before this one, and this one is a "*side job mod*"
That's your opinion about our main projects. Mine is different, considering the fact that most of this mod is ideas, but very few has been actually done yet.
ONYX

Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

tk_incorperate
Paladin

Post by tk_incorperate » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:03 am

onyx";p="214225" wrote:Great idea once again, but to reduce the animations size in the mod (and the work for us), we've decided to make characters not changing when you switch armors.
thats a good idea, but does it change when you put an armor on, and take one off? or does it just show the same animation even when he has nothing on? also does it change when you put on/take off/change helms? well i know it dont do any of it yet, but just askin if thats how its gunna be

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:58 am

tk_incorperate";p="214230" wrote: thats a good idea, but does it change when you put an armor on, and take one off? or does it just show the same animation even when he has nothing on? also does it change when you put on/take off/change helms? well i know it dont do any of it yet, but just askin if thats how its gunna be
The plans are that the characters won't change when wearing or not any kind of armor, including helms. However, this may change in the process of development.
ONYX

tk_incorperate
Paladin

Post by tk_incorperate » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:48 pm

onyx";p="214234" wrote:The plans are that the characters won't change when wearing or not any kind of armor, including helms. However, this may change in the process of development.
thatz kool, but if u do that, like for instance the theife...... you should have him already looking like he has sumtin over his head, like say a dark black stealthy navy-seals type outfit or sumtin, so he actualy looks always fully geared

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:00 pm

It all depends of what graphics we will be able to convert from future/modern types of games.
ONYX

tk_incorperate
Paladin

Post by tk_incorperate » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:14 am

onyx";p="214255" wrote:It all depends of what graphics we will be able to convert from future/modern types of games.
oh okay, are you gunna make the weapon-change look real? or is he gunna hold 1 thing forever

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:22 am

Weapon changes are planned, but again, it depends of the animations. We'll try to make it at least change when holding a melee weapon, a pistol, a big weapon (shotgun, machinegun, rifle) and a special weapon (flamethrower etc.)...
ONYX

Return to “Bloodwars, Inc.”