anyone interested in making unique's and set's

Information and updates for the Hades Underworld mod and other mods by Hades. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: marhawkman, Hades

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

anyone interested in making unique's and set's

Post by Hades » Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:32 am

I have a need for someone to either join or make them for me.As I'm running short on time with other stuff hehe.I'm working on runewords for the gloves and boot's right now.Along with more mapwork and skill changes so I wouldn't mind someone who want's to do unique and set creating.I have alot of idea's for them but I would welcome all idea's for other one's.Just if anyone's interested,if not I'll get around to them eventually. ;)
nuff said
Hades
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

SausAndMush

Re: anyone interested in making unique's and set's

Post by SausAndMush » Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:42 am

As long as there are no new graphics and/or models then I can do some unique and set item editing for you.

I'm probably not the best in the business but creating unique items is pretty simple.
The one and only definition of a shortcut is this: The longest possible distance, whether through time or space, between two points.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:52 am

Well I have a fairly large list and I'm sure you have your own idea's as well.But like I said I'm not really full of time for making the uniques right now.I'm working on more mapping and runes,skills etc.So I would welcome any help you can offer and would gladly credit all unique work to you.Heck I'll even make your own thread here for unique's for other idea's and stuff like that.Simply take the current version of my mod and throw in some new unique's so I can see how good they are.And we'll go from there,it'll be my pleasure to have someone help me on this aspect of the mod. ;)
Let me know
Hades
As for some of my idea's,well if you decide to help with this I'll simply pm you and list em out.But we'll go over that later ;)
Last edited by Hades on Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

SausAndMush

Post by SausAndMush » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:05 am

:( I have a slight dilemma at the moment. Fileplanet isnt cooperating with me and I cant log in to download your mod. I cant create a new account either for some annoying reason.

I dont suppose you could send me just the uniqueitems.txt by email at all, or is there an alternate download location maybe?

One more question: Has the uniqueitems txt file from underworld even been modified at all? bcos if not I can just use my copy of it.
Last edited by SausAndMush on Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The one and only definition of a shortcut is this: The longest possible distance, whether through time or space, between two points.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:16 am

Just wait tilll tomorrow,it will probably be working then.Sometimes it get's like that but I won't email it as it's kind of big.I have it up to 50 mb's i think now.Anyway's does that mean you want to be my unique contributor?If so then welcome aboard!I have about 6 set idea's that I definately want to be implemented but as for the rest go nut's.I just want to run over idea's as they come along.As for unique's,well I have about 50 idea's but we can take our time.Take your time and gather idea's.My main theme is underworld ,drow weapon's,elemental prince's weapon's,God set's and stuff along those lines.
Maybe I'll put up a newer version for you to put changes into.
anyways later
Hades

SausAndMush

Post by SausAndMush » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:33 am

I'll happily work on unique and set items for you, just as soon as I can actually download the mod. I'll get back to you sometime when Fileplanet cooperates again.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:58 pm

Sound's good to me and I'm happy to have you onboard.I'm going to make a thread to inform you of my idea's and where you can post your idea's and progress.I suppose I can send you my set txt and set item's txt.Noy much changes in em,as I haven't gotten around to them really.But let me see if you posted your email.Anyways get back and I'll see if I can send em to ya.I'll just zip em both up for ya and wait to hear from you.
Later
Hades ;)

Nero-Kai

Post by Nero-Kai » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:37 am

Hey man, I have just started downloading your mod and I hopped over to the forums, I would love to help make uniques and set items, albeit it will be kind of a crash course for me ;)

But this would be good fun, always wanted to make my own gear for d2... :twisted:

I would be honoured to help :) My msn is nero_666@msn.com if ya wanna get in touch. Or we could do the obvious and talk here......click
Ya never know what to type in these things...

allentril1000

Post by allentril1000 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:40 pm

hey id love to help but all i can do is tell you names and stats i suck at programming but if you need any advice on new unmade nver before seen names and neat stats jus yell at me. Ill help in anyway i can.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:48 am

Feel free to post idea's about set's and uniques maybe I'll use them and credit you for idea's. ;) Any idea's that come to you post em and I'll get around to you.Keep in mind the underworld theme and the four horsemen of the apocalypse which I will be making a part of my mod soon.Ooops did I give away a part of my mod....
Anyway's I'll be happy to see all the idea's that come out.
nuff said
Hades

allentril1000

Post by allentril1000 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:02 am

well if its four horsemen and since your naming some characters after greek(roman) gods and goddeses then how about Tyche's Boon( at least i think its speeled Tyche) The Minor goddess of Luck, whose gift was any person whomever she choose would be granted in a one on one combat invincibility and strength and would win. Not that power but since luck and mf go hand in hand and strength is well strength how bout and ammy,and 2 rings that boost str, luck, and defense and damaage against demons(especially the four horsemen?) I know its corny but hey i happen to think it would fit in rather nicely. The Reason i say ammy and 2 rings is it would be kinda neat. I got an ammy and ring thats awesome now as a set but i keep thinking it be better if there was another ring to go with it...lol
well thats one idea. if you thinks its cool but need even better yell ill post another one.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:09 am

By the way I like the lister and holy i think it is.From red dwarf if I'm not mistaken,nice avatar pic. ;) And yes I like the idea, keep em coming.
The four horsemen will be appearing soon but in a later version as I'm still working on how to fit em in.
Hades

list and they will be built hehe

allentril1000

Post by allentril1000 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:31 am

lister and rimmer....and yes red dwarf. i love comedies escpecially british comedies. and anothe idea would be a kind of rip off though but i think it can be done for d2. in rifts :africa (an rpg book i loved) the four horsemen carried rune weapons staves maces etc.. How about a runeword for each of the 4 horsemen/ like death, famine, pestilence, and war. dont ask the names because id go insane trying to be original on those...lol But with rune abilities that match one of the horsemen. for example, war increased attack rating, attack speed, damage etc....or even pestilence poison nova poison dagger etc....you get the idea...i mean after all the four horsemen are supposed to be powerful arent the weapons used to defeat them equally powerful?

Return to “Hades Underworld”