Ver 1.5 feedback

Information and updates for the Hades Underworld mod and other mods by Hades. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: marhawkman, Hades

Evil Noodle

Ver 1.5 feedback

Post by Evil Noodle » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:28 pm

So far I have a lev 30 Barb in act V and it's still way too easy, in fact
I don't have to actually kill anything myself because my rogue merc
takes care of everything on the map, couple that with the ability to
have two fire Golems and I begin to look a bit redundant :)

Then again my Golems currently cost 490 mana apiece which is a pretty
steep price :)

I generally like the mod, particularly the new graphics, but as I'm a long
term fan of Ancestral Recall I'm not finding HU a challenge.
It's great being able to socket things to the max but as soon as you
put some diamonds into a weapon, it all becomes a breeze even in this
new version.

So while I sure don't mind being an uber killing machine I would like to
come across something that might actually pose a threat, I even stood
in front of Diablo while my merc took him out, I wasn't worried at all
while in Ancestral Recall I had to watch myself.

Part of the pleasure in playing is finding decent kit, but now I just find whatever holds plenty of sockets and fill em up, it makes me over
powerful at even low levels when I should be being careful.
The only thing I've come across that nearly killed me was an Oblivion Knight's Iron Maiden curse :)

Nice mod with a lot of potential, but if I keep cutting through a map like a hot knife through butter I'm gonna get bored, so Hades, are you going
to beef up Ver 1.6 to make it a challenge? it'd be great if the balance
was tweaked.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Re: Ver 1.5 feedback

Post by Hades » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:51 pm

Well first off I'm taking the gem's right out of the game actually.And the way you are playing my mod now,this is not close to being done yet bud. ;) This isn't even hard yet lol.These priliminary version's are more or less testing version's.I haven't even added the new level's lol,the cow level's which are there,the cow's are place holder's lol.
And as for thing's being easier I think i'm going to change a few thing's for ya. ;) I'll take out the gem's and resistance penalties will be steeper.Example nightmare will be -100, hell -200.So there are a few more changes on the way along with some of the skill's being put back to normal.
Also some of the rune words will be down modded a bit.If the monsters in the cave,pit abaddon etc are too easy also I'll raise them up to about 16 in game level.Should help a bit for ya.
Thnx for info,keep it up. ;)
nuff said
Hades
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

smiiiff
Paladin

Post by smiiiff » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:59 am

wow! don't take out the gems, make them half strenght or something.
The reason the game is to easy is that you have +18 all skills at lvl 18 with +300 all attributes and all the uniques you want with max sockets.

If you tone done the gems and make the level req say 1, 8, 16, 24, 32 then it would be a lot better already. also, on hell the mod is already pretty tough, at least tough enough not to be able to play at players 8 :D

but normal is indeed a proverbial walk in the park :D

patric34

Post by patric34 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:55 pm

I'd say, keep the gems but do not allow merchant to sell 'em (not even chipped). This way I'll be worthy to hunt and transmute 'em in the HC. This way the mod will be harder (specially the cow levels). By the way, what will happend to my socketed weapons and armor when you upgrade Underworld ? When will 1.6 (or whatever you call it) will be available?

Thanks

Return to “Hades Underworld”