testing underworld mod version 1.6

Information and updates for the Hades Underworld mod and other mods by Hades. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: marhawkman, Hades

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

testing underworld mod version 1.6

Post by Hades » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:10 pm

Here's version 1.6 of Underworld mod.Tryit out and let me know of any bugs or if it's still too easy as I'm starting to implement the newer changes I have ready.There are some more new graphic's and different boss placement's.Along with the gem's have been redone as were unbalancing the mod.Hireling's have been reworked a little also and some more of the monstere's now have more resistances.
And finally the resistance penalties are higher,and even in norm lol ;)
So enjoy and here is the link.....

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/plan ... ion1.6.zip

Well all here's a quick update about this version,I seem to have forgotten to put the skill's txt I was working on so I'm uploading version 1.6 again.Hehe sorry all oversight on my part. :roll: This is just for different graphic's for the char skill's .Hope you all enjoy the new effect's and graphic's.Should be ready by tomorrow to download.
Hades
Last edited by Hades on Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

Kiwivagrant
Paladin

Re: testing underworld mod version 1.6

Post by Kiwivagrant » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:02 pm

Heya Hades.

First and foremost, this mod is getting better and better each time and you have some great ideas. I can't wait for the 'completed version' with story and everything, although I'd be guessing that there will be a fair few more versions coming out before then.

In saying that, what's the chance of changes being patched?

It's hard for us backwards people that don't have broadband available to download mods, especially now this one is over 40 megs. You bring out updates at regular intervals so I think it would be great if you could implement this, in saying that, I have no idea how big any changes you may be planning are.

Keep up the good work, this mod has the potential to ba a truely amazing mod, maybe even one of the best.

K.

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:37 pm

Just the changed files could be added, allowing for a "update" version.

Just pack the changed txts, new graphics and monster tokens in a zip, making sure there all in the correct places. Then people can extract them and they will overwrite old files and the new ones will go in the correct places.

Or just do less regular, but bigger patches :mrgreen:
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:17 pm

Actually,I'm going to be moving to an update system for every 3 week's or so.I was getting tired of all the fixes and crap.So everyone can enjoy this version for awhile as I'm also going to be reviewing a few mod's. So keep posting those idea's and comment's.I'll get around to them hehe.
If Guy is still busy,I'll be adding some of my own set's in next version along with some uniques.And more diff graphic's storyline etc. However there will be a bigger break in between version's.

Later
Hades

patric34

Post by patric34 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:17 pm

If just downloaded 1.6 and I'm really happy about it. The perfect gems being tuned down and the resistances penalities really helps balancing the game (but the Perfect Diamond are still too powerful). I've founded no bugs at all. The more I play this mod the more it grows on me. I really don't have anything negative to say about 1.6. A few people on the forums talks about the "complete version", I was wondering what could you possibily had to an already very cool mod. A little suggestion by the way: more stuff to craft in the HC would be cool (add sockets, reroll items). I really hope that people (espacially the Zy-El players) move to hade's Underworld (nothing against Kato but he dosen't "mod" anymore) so your mod can become popular 'cause it's one of the best ones availlable.

Keep it up

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:37 pm

Thanks for the compliments patric34,I like the feedback. ;) About the diamond ,I must have forgotten that one ..hehe..will be fixed later.Thnx for pointing it out. ;)
There will be more cubing stuff soon also,just haven't gotten around to it yet lol.And as for Kato,hey I loved his mod, I'm just trying to add something diff for people to play around with and I'm glad everyone likes it this much. ;)
By the way how do you like the diablo lightning for new skill graphic's?I'm going to be using poison nova,bone cast, baal's cold wave etc as new skill graphic's also.So let me know how they turned out too. ;)
And that being said you have been one of the best for feedback on my mod,so keep up the great work. ;)
nuff said
Hades

patric34

Post by patric34 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:32 pm

I haven't seen Diablo's new lightning animation (I had to go to work so I've try 1.6 for only 30 minutes). Guess you've given me a good **Spoiler**. I'l let down my 3 socketed P. Diamond and run for a unique bow so when 1.7 comes out I won't gey me A$$ whipped. While I'm here here are other little suggestions:

- Cows could drop less stuff, there's so many that whe're seing almost half of 'em on screen (espacially on Act IV).

- No multiple shot for the Act 1 hireling (at least not until later levels). I've tried a melee character and did not even had to kill any enemies 'cause my merc's multiple shot was doing all the work for me.

- Special keys (clue, red, green, gold) for either special levels, chests or even levels.

- Random Diablo's (very hard ones which makes you run for your life when you see them).

- Rare, Set & Uniques Charms, Bolts & Arrows.

- A magic orb (or something) with a counter for monster kills with some kind of bonuses.

- Put back the original Duriel, it's way faster and hit harder than the new one. Plus it's a classic to fight him (especially at nightmare and hell levels).

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:14 pm

Actually the diablo fire is a new graphic for some of the player skill's.Such as check out the new nova, multiple shot, lightning, chain lightning,frozen orb etc.I used diablo lightning for the graphic,I got that idea from Jeff Bouley awhile back,just never put them in yet.I'm going to be changing a bunch of the other skill graphic's also.Such as poison nova for some barb warcries,maybe the bonewall as frost nova, bonespear effect as ..say teeth or strafe graphic.So there are a few more idea's I've been toying around with.
The rare unique arrows I have been trying out some diff idea's with that subject.
As for the kill counter that's not till later, but good idea. ;)
Keep up the great feedback and let me know when you see the new skill graphic's,as I want feedback on those.
nuff said
Hades

patric34

Post by patric34 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:22 am

Now that I've played more 1.6 (kepp in mind that we're June 23 and while I'm writting this I got about 20+ peoples in my house 'cause today in Québec it's the "St-Jean Batiste(National Day)'' so we're having a party) I can tell you that:

- Yes the skills graphics are AWESOME (looks more powerful).

- I just killed Baal and got a huge surpise when he lauched his friends after me before I beat him (Andariel-Duriel and the f****d Diablo I had to kill)...good...very good.

- I have another HUGE suggestion: U give 3 skills points/level but my Straff, Multiple Shots, Valkyrie are locked at 28. Coud you allow higher skill max levels ? (like around 50).

Overall 8.2 / 10.

PS: Do you really think with the Blizzard situation that there will be a Diablo 3 ? Personaly I hope, but still, I can't help but to think that there will never be a D3....ever...

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:41 pm

More skill graphic's are coming soon too hehe.How about a bone spirit nova or a assasin trap using Baal's frost nova etc.The list goes on ,I've been putting in a whole bunch of different graphic's for the char skill's.So this past version was a sneak peek at what's to come you might say. ;)
As for the skill max being raised....maybe...but more than likely not.I may just lower skill's per level to 2.Or something to that effect.
Cheers mate and keep up the great comment's
Hades

allentril1000

Post by allentril1000 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:37 pm

Just want to say downloaded 1.5 yesterday and didnt have time to check the forums before going to bed. I played 1.5 and am really enjoying it so far, and then today i come to forums and what do i find? 1.6 lol well i dont know about story line and improved graphics but if 1.6 gets downloaded as quick as everthing else is today ill tell you how i think of it. But so far i love 1.5 and im sure 1.6 will be just as good if not way better. Keep it up and thanx for making a new mod that i can actually handle.

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:10 pm

Glad to hear it allen,however there are a bunch of new skill graphic's in the 1.6 version if you want to take a look at em.I've had nothing but compliments on the graphic's for the skill's.Or check out the screenshot's in the album's,i have some of them there to look at. ;)
By the way nice avatar,Lister and holy i think they are from red dwarf,right?anyways bring's back memories about that show lol.
So download the 1.6 version to get a look at what's to come and let me know what you think.
nuff said
Hades

allentril1000

Post by allentril1000 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:25 am

only one gripe so ill get it out of the way.
cows drop great but if more than 5 in a group it takes to long to find that set item that dropped and u cant see it anymor.. so either less monsters in a group would be better or change it so that the monsters(the few of em in diabolic drop the same as cows and make cows drops less would be cool.
Now that gripe is out of the way and it is awesome. 1.6 has my top vote and i love the graphics. i was confused when i fired the frozen orb this afternoon but then i realized that that was diablo fire just looks hot but really is cold...i like the dual summons on grizzly and valkryie even though i havent seen em i read the readme and i think that will help out when i play the game...well nothing more can be said except keep it coming im enjoying and cant wait till you get the story line in and see how it turns out...

ok new edit to post...how do i kill things in hell with a necromancer? i got to cows and even my summoned golems do nooooo dam at all to them it tkes a 31lvl bone spear just to bruise em and they heal so quick its not worth it so what do i need to dame these hell monsters quicker?
Last edited by allentril1000 on Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hades Underworld”