This is really annoying me.

Information and updates for Teknokyo's "Ancestral Recall" mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: TeknoKyo

No votes

Total votes: 0

veon522

This is really annoying me.

Post by veon522 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:10 am

I installed the AR mod and played it on single player again but now I cant figure out how to revert back to original D2 LOD 1.10. I read the other post about this and downloaded the patch from Blizzard, but when I try to install the patch, it just tells me that it is already installed, but I still cant play because the d2patch.mpq file is not there! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SirNasso

Re: This is really annoying me.

Post by SirNasso » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:04 am

You just have to reinstall the game.
What I've Felt
What I've Known
Never Shined Trough In What I've Shown
Never Be
Never See
Won't See What Might Have Been

jmmijo

Post by jmmijo » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:00 am

This is also why you want to copy AR into it's own sub-folder and launch it from the bat file instead ;)

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:13 am

I believe the keep hosts a clean copy of the files needed to revert to 1.10...you may want to look around in the file center.

Malachai
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

Malifrax
Champion of the Light

Post by Malifrax » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:14 pm

If you have a hard time finding the files on the Phrozen Keep then here's direct links to them.

Clean v1.10 Final Patch_d2.mpq
Clean v1.10 Final DLL Files

You should really only need the patch_d2.mpq file since Ancestral Recall only replaces that. Also, one thing to note, when reverting back to plain Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction be sure to move your saved characters from Ancestral Recall to another directory if you want to keep them. This will prevent accidental loading of the wrong types of characters into Diablo 2.

For future reference, always back up any Diablo 2 files that will be overwritten by a mod you are planning on installing. This will make it easier to uninstall the mod in the future and preserve your installation of Diablo 2. A good thing to do if you're planning on using a lot of mods is to copy all the Diablo 2 DLL files and the Patch_d2.mpq file to a backup directory. Then, when you want to uninstall a mod, you simply remove the mod files and copy your backups to the Diablo 2 directory, overwriting all existing files.

Some mods have VBS or batch files that will automatically backup the Diablo 2 files the mod intends on overwriting. While these are very convenient, it is sometimes more reliable to do it manually in the way I have mentioned.
You talk to the arena master.
"Ye have won more fights than anybody else."
"Nobody is betting against ye any longer and we believe, that ye art invincible."
"Sorry, no more fights."

Bled4you

Post by Bled4you » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:12 pm

Now its times like these im thankful i have a mac.

Return to “Ancestral Recall”