limited skill for a row ?

Weekly updated column for helping skill development. Users can't directly post requests but a PM or mail can be sent to Skill-Clinician.

Moderator: Skill Clinician

Donaem

limited skill for a row ?

Post by Donaem » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:38 pm

I have idea, in create the specialization skill, but i have not really on about the formula use it is?

I create six skill type for Ten skill for one page but is there a way up to ensure that I cannot use up two specialization on one page?

Or does he have some way of doing something similar?
Give me a little hint?

Thanks for help me ^^'

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Re: limited skill for a row ?

Post by Cypress » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:26 pm

Are you saying you want it so that upgrading one skill prevents the upgrading of a different skill? If so, you can use the skpoints column. Create a formula with a dependency such that the skill point requirement increases so much that it cannot ever be upgraded when a certain condition is met.

For example, if you have two skills named SkillA and SkillB, and you want each to prevent the upgrading of the other, then:
For Skill A, set skpoints=(skill('skillb'.blvl)>0)?(999):(1) ; this means the cost is 1 skill point, unless you have upgraded skillb, in which case the cost is impossible to meet (999 skill points)
For Skill B, set skpoints=(skill('skilla'.blvl)>0)?(999):(1)

Donaem

Post by Donaem » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:35 pm

Hmm exemple it is possible combined large ten skill for it ?

(Skilla + Skillb + Skillc + Skilld + Skille + Skillf + Skillg+ Skillh + Skilli + Skillj) skill disable

Use (Skilla0 + Skillb0 + Skillc0 + Skilld0 + Skille0 + Skillf0 + Skillg0+ Skillh0 + Skilli0 + Skillj0)
set skpoints=(skill('skilla'.blvl)('skillb'.blvl)('skillc'.blvl)('skilld'.blvl)('skille'.blvl)('skillf'.blvl)('skillg'.blvl)('skillh'.blvl)('skilli'.blvl)('skillj'.blvl)>0)?(999):(1) ?

(Skilla0 + Skillb0 + Skillc0 + Skilld0 + Skille0 + Skillf0 + Skillg0+ Skillh0 + Skilli0 + Skillj0) skill disable

Use (Skilla + Skillb + Skillc + Skilld + Skille + Skillf + Skillg+ Skillh + Skilli + Skillj)

set skpoints=(skill('skilla0'.blvl)('skillb0'.blvl)('skillc0'.blvl)('skilld0'.blvl)('skille0'.blvl)('skillf'0.blvl)('skillg0'.blvl)('skillh'0.blvl)('skilli0'.blvl)('skillj0'.blvl)>0)?(999):(1) ?
Last edited by Donaem on Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:45 pm

Yes. Be aware that the character limit for a given cell is 255, so if you try to exceed that it will destroy the formula and probably make it always equal to 0. If you need more space beyond 255 characters, you can reference other columns, such as clc1, clc2, clc3 and clc4.

Donaem

Post by Donaem » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:46 pm

Ok thanx so much ^^'

Cypress
Champion of the Light

Post by Cypress » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:57 pm

Also, I forgot to mention it, but you should look at this thread (viewtopic.php?t=24813) for additional information on formulae. It is a very thorough guide, and there is also a listing of all columns that accept formulae.

Return to “Skill Clinic”