Something about shadowwarrior AI

Weekly updated column for helping skill development. Users can't directly post requests but a PM or mail can be sent to Skill-Clinician.

Moderator: Skill Clinician

Nagahaku
Paladin

Something about shadowwarrior AI

Post by Nagahaku » Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:58 am

It's interesting that I found something strange but useful.
quite unlike shadowmaster AI, shadowwarrior doesn't need AItype, or should not have AItype set on ranged skills, otherwise it won't be used properly.
but for melee skills, it still requires AItype=4.
for ranged skills, which meaning skill.txt column 'range=rng/none', a shadowwarrior AI pet will always use it if it has a proper 'monanim' when you have them in your left/right button, if you have the 'aitype' column left blank.
for sequence skills, you should set 'monanim=xx' and give the pet monster a correct monseq of course.(Edit: May not need to set 'xx', anything would be fine if you give it a monseq in monstats.txt)
and it's important to block a ranged skill if the pet is supposed to be a melee one, or you are a pally and don't want your pet keep trying cast auras and keep failing, then you should make the skill's 'monanim=xx' 'monanim=NU'. otherwise the pet will always use it when you put the skill into your left/right button.(Edit: the only reliable way to actuallly block a ranged skill for shadowwarrior AI, 'xx' can't block certain skills such as whirlwind)

Nagahaku
Paladin

Re: Something about shadowwarrior AI

Post by Nagahaku » Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:58 am

Yeah Ogodei, very helpful. i think i missed AItype 1 & 2, they need to be set too or else the pet would keep casting them.
but as what i found, AItype 13 is not working well with shadowwarrior AI, it almost never use that untill i left the column blank, that's why i suggested no to have it set in my first post...

also, i found something strange with shadowmaster AI, maybe you can find someway to fix that: the shadow master can't cast skills too faraway from the owner's skilltree. i don't now how far would that happen. I found this when trying to make some clone trap skills using another pet slot and gave them to the shadowmaster. everything was done, but she never cast them. i even tried to make them assassin skills instead of oskills, but still not working. i put those cloned trap skills start from id 562 in skills.txt, and the last assassin skill is id 280.

Return to “Skill Clinic”