Require a connecting strike to release missiles

Weekly updated column for helping skill development. Users can't directly post requests but a PM or mail can be sent to Skill-Clinician.

Moderator: Skill Clinician

nothing5
Champion of the Light

Require a connecting strike to release missiles

Post by nothing5 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:06 pm

...without Charged Strike functions. I dislike the zig-zaggy movement of its missiles.

So far I've tried to clone Teeth and make it h2h and my specific weapon type. Also made it require a target. But it still releases the missiles without my blade connecting with the target.

I've spent an hour scouring the forum without success. Any suggestions? Thanks.

EDIT: I got it to work!!!

What i did was simply clone Concentrate and use srvstfunc 66, which does the following, according to the D2R Data File Guide:
ApplyPassiveAuraEvents - Check each of the aura events on the skill and apply the event handler to use the aura event functions
Then, use domeleeattack in auraevent1, and then use func 33:
SkillActivateSubskill - Based on a random chance controlled by the “aurastatcalc1” value, cast a skill (determined by “sumskill1”) with a skill level controlled by “sumsk1calc”. If “aurastatcalc2” value is greater than 0, then factor the “passiveitype” and “passivereqweaponcount” fields for determining if the skill should be cast or not.
Not sure if these functions were available before D2R, but this surely unlocks a ton of new possibilities for me! By the way, if you use auraeventfunc 32 with srvstfunc 66, you can get a clean AoE splash that deals skill damage without the invisible missile exploding shenanigans.

Return to “Skill Clinic”