What if?

Information and updates for the Odin's Runeword Mod by mishy23. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. The mod has been discontinued by the author

Moderator: mishy23

No votes

Total votes: 0

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

What if?

Post by godheadslament » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:21 pm

What if you were to introduce a few uniques and/or sets into the game. Make them difficult to find and all, and give them small but useful bonuses. After all, whats the fun in having the ability to runeword sets/uniques without having them? It doesn't even have to be weapons/armor, make a set out of pure jewelry, or unique rings/ammys. Just a thought...

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: What if?

Post by mishy23 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:34 pm

I would definately consider making unique and set jewelery (amulets and rings, and possibly charms). I think it definately can add something to the mod without distracting from my plans.
Though my hands are full right now, so if anyone wants to come up with some ideas for these let me know.
If I added them, i'd like about 25 rings and 15 amulets (unique)
and 5-10 charms (unique) I will personally do the charms, as I might add some uniqu skills to them (or add skills that are no longer in game anymore)

The set stuff is harder as there is a bug with runewording set items, so it should be kept to unique only, and they would be very rare to find.

Anyone interested in designing some unique items?
-Mishy23
{Modding status: Project X}

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:37 pm

You know I'm always up to the task Otto.

EDIT: I need to know what theme you're going with in the naming/mods department.

EDIT2: So am I to understand that there will be no sets period? Or should I still work on creating a set of jewelry?
Last edited by godheadslament on Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:57 pm

Hmm, true jewelry has no sockets,
Is 3 item sets of ring/ring/amulet worth doing? And can we pull it off without being to powerful? I guess if you can come up with something,
than i'm all for it. I do think it is possible to have set charms, so if you want design one and i'll try to implement it.

For naming and mods on these items,
it doesn't need to follow any rules I use with runewords,
so you can go wherever your imagination leads.
If you want a setnamed after a norse god, fine, if you want it
not have names but be more of a phrase, thats fine.

For mods, if you can try to find the property list for 1.10 vanilla, all those mods are fine, I have a few new ones, but those will be runeword only.
If you want new properties, you can let me know what you want, but no promises, as some things I tried to add aren't working to well. And new properties are no fun creating.

skies the limit
-Mishy23

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:14 pm

Check your e-mail Otto.

Silverfire

Post by Silverfire » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:19 pm

A 43 piece set. of ring ring amulet, and 40 small charms!
*snErk*

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:44 pm

*BONKS* silverfire

not funny :P

I will do some set items, whenever I find the chance, they will be small sets like:
2 rings
1 ring + 1amy
2 charsm
1ring + 1charm

I might just take all the uniques we do and form them into 2-3 parts sets, sets are so much more fun ;)

I still think of power runewords as uniques, so not sure they are needed, but i miss green items dropping ;)

Thanks for all the great ideas guys!
More ideas, equals more motivation for me to keep working on the mod, equals faster release :)
You know i just might have to drop the beta tag off the mod by the time next patch comes around, its seeming more and more like a real mod :)

-Mishy23

Return to “Odin's Runeword Mod”