Underkill Beta Zero: Known Issues

Information and teasers from the upcoming mod, Underkill. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Seaular

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Underkill Beta Zero: Known Issues

Post by Seaular » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:46 am

These are the issues that I'm currently aware of:
  • -Portal keys are ethereal with one charge only, if you try to open the portal from somewhere other than the Rogue's Encampment the portal will not open but you WILL lose your charge.

-The mouse-over on the new portals displays "-not xlated call ken" after the map name (fixed in the next patch).

-The Assassin's Shadow Master is technically just a glorified Shadow Warrior.

-Magic Mastery will only work with the character's own skills. For example, if a sorceress gets Blessed Hammer via an item, Magic Mastery will not affect the damage of Blessed Hammer, although the sorceress' skill Soul Pulse will be affected.

-Magic Pierce DOES NOT WORK AT ALL! (This makes me a sad panda)

-Negative stats do not show up on the Hero Profile charm.

-Skills that only appear on items do not yet have their own skill icons they will appear in the spell list as a red questionmark.

-The displayed damage of Poison Web is haywire! It always displays as 0-1 in the character window.

-Shadow Master cannot cast Shuriken Fan (fixed in the next patch)

-Lightning Storm is incorrectly has a lvl 30 requirement (fixed in the next patch)

-I'll buy a vowel please, an "E." I'd like to solve the puzzle, "of the Universe" (fixed in the next patch)
Last edited by Seaular on Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:47 am, edited 7 times in total.

godheadslament
Champion of the Light

Post by godheadslament » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:18 am

-There are only like 5 or 6 items (other than runes/jewelry) on the gamble page. Sometimes even less.

the panther
Paladin

Re: Underkill Beta Zero: Known Issues

Post by the panther » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:52 am

the zeal synergys dont work its supposed to get 10% damage from smite charge and somthing else but it dosnt :( i did find loads of other problems but my internet broke when i was gona post them now i've forgetten them :D oh and also coud you please give the summons fixed damage because they dont seam to be very effective the way they are

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Seaular » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:31 am

The Zeal synergies are actually working, they just aren't displaying properly. Thanks for the heads-up.

I've got a lot of work to do on summons. :(

Nevbo
Champion of the Light

Post by Nevbo » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:50 pm

the damage to poison web is right, for me right now it does 100 or so damage per second PER web. And i have 14 webs, so thats like 1400 damage a second.

That is the problem when you made the skill because the more webs you can make the more damage thats gunna stack up. Thats why in another post i suggested you switch poison web with acid rain and switch the mana costs so poison web is a higher required level skill.

Also the damage display for poison web in the character menu is 0-1 while the skill menu is more accurate.

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Seaular » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:28 pm

Yeah, I've been trying to fix the way that Poison Web's damage is displayed in the character screen but nothing I've tried so far is doing the trick. It doesn't seem to like the fact that the damage type is poison, when I change the damage type, it displays properly. There must be some sort of length calculation that's interfering.

Nevbo
Champion of the Light

Post by Nevbo » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:37 pm

it does act kinda funny, the fact that its a poison spell that does poison damage, and has a 1 second poison length, but it does not turn the monsters green =P

maby you should make the poison length .2 seconds or something just to give it length then the spell might not be so crazy but it will also drop in strength alot =x

blinky
Paladin

Post by blinky » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:56 pm

the assains summon shadow master cant use shuriken fan it just kind of glictches i guess u can say i dont know how to describe it, but it doesnt work
If your going to repremand me can you at least pose an answer

Seaular
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Seaular » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:28 pm

I know exactly what you mean, but that's odd. When those character disappearance glitches take place it means that that character model doesn't have the required animation for the skill. I can't see why the shadow wouldn't have any anims that the assassin has. I'll play around with it. Thanks for the heads-up.

EDIT: The Shadow Master will be able to correctly use Shuriken Fan in the next patch.
Last edited by Seaular on Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Underkill”