MoonLords in the WorldStone chamber ...

The Seven Lances mod forum has moved to http://www.sevenlances.com.
Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

MoonLords in the WorldStone chamber ...

Post by Vendanna » Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:35 pm

ouch* those pesky beast have Chill attack or something like that, my poor Paladin (lvl 33) is screwed if 2 or three appears (not to said champions) and I know how to play a Paladin (I played paladins over 3 years since they are my favourite character) they do too much damage.

not to said, I found that Zeal is no more Uninterrup so I only land 2-3 hits inestead of the 5 I usually land on the normal game (probably because the skill is the same as fury but with lower ED... I'm right?)

the only Way I found to kill those Minotaurs was Switching to Bow and Pray :cry:

also I'm still stuck in act 5 normal, because sometimes my game crashes (last time was facing a might enchanted Moon Lord boss >< ) and since the WP is now in the lvl 1 I need to make a long run up to the lvl 3 *sigh*

well, if the game still crashes I will inform here.

(question to foxbat: can you add that nice effect charge have to the normal movement when you have active Vigor Aura?)
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Sat Nov 30, 2002 9:04 pm

The elemental attack is *really* strong in normal, so get your appropriate resists up. They do hurt quite a bit, but they are the toughest stock melee monster in the game, and are thus intended to. I don't take on more than 2 or 3 at a time either, that's why there are choke points and various crowd control skills.

Zeal was never uninterruptable, and in fact the new concentration has a much higher uninterruptable chance. The difference you are probably noticing is that monsters hit and stun you much more often simply because they are more dangerous than in LoD, thus interrupting your zeal.

The worldstone keep crash still seems to be around, I eliminated the invalid monsters in 1.05 so I am not sure what is causing that... :-|

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Sat Nov 30, 2002 11:28 pm

the Problem is that I already have 300 Hit points and 65% all resist with my paladin (Except poison 34%) and it still does insane damage 3 of them crush my paladin, not to said if they are Champions or there is a Boss.

well, I will try to contract a Melee mercenary (Inestead of the fire one) and see if he can help me a bit more.

the Crash seems to be in the lvl 3 of the chamber, at least it freezes me 6 times already in that place u_u

also the monsters names in english... well it appears, but after the name in english appear (undefined tell kell) making a long name.

well, at least is a challenging monster, but that means if you open a Evil urn and appear one is time to run (and very hard to do with the huge amount of monsters)

well, hope you find a way to fix that problem, I want to see what happens when I reach the Throne room.

also, I saw some witches in Frozen River (I think are the ones that throw Poison) that doesn't have name :doh:

other question since I'm still in normal, do you fixed the bug with the Physical immune champion monsters? because in the normal LoD I saw they are not Physical immune, since an Act2 Mercenary killed them without Elemental damage. (I think Jarulf knows something about this issue)

last thing, do you have a thread to make suggestion to your mod?

thank you very much for the mod :)

Black Omen's production

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Sun Dec 01, 2002 5:25 pm

well, just managed to kill Baal with my Paladin (at lvl 34), now he is Called Slayer Javier :)

the problem maybe some monsters in the WorldStone chamber cause a Crash, because I reached the Level 3 without problems and then killed Baal.

well, is not bad for normal, killed 5 times in normal (only in Act 5), that should teach me go with more caution if I'm going to play hardcore.

Nilathak seems upgraded a bit, because he was more easy in the Normal LoD than in this one, and thanks to the second Delay he cannot spam CE like he was able to do, giving time to drink a Purple potion.

well, I'm going to test Nightmare with the Paladin, and see how hard is it. (act 5 seems at the moment the hardest act for untwinkled gameplay)

as for Runewords, well the El + Eld rune in Helm gived me the "Truenos" not too useful for my Paladin, but his friend the Sorceress should find it interesting :)

Black Omen's production

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Sun Dec 01, 2002 8:19 pm

Moon lords hard? Summoners find them very easy. Five spirit wolves with max direwolf are pretty much invincible, and with spirit of b4rbZ they kill themselves in two hits in Normal (level 8 SoB). Otherwise smack them around with molten boulder. They are very dangerous melee, but they are not a threat for ranged attackers. FoxBat: maybe replace that MonFrenzy to teleport or dragon flight, or increase their attack swing speed to make them harder to tempt fate.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:05 pm

or nerf SoB to assure this druid crumble against the fiery horde :p

well, they are probably the worst nightmare for melee characters, I hope to not face too many Moon Lord Bosses, since I only can face 2-3 at the same time as I said, maybe if I used thorns they should be more easy.

question: is conversion time increased with more skill points or is the crappy skill the normal LoD has?

Black Omen's production

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:10 pm

Conversion times increases quite a bit with more points, about half of what it was in D2C. Those short conversion times annoyed me too...

I find the minotaurs can take apart defenseless ranged characters quite easily, poor sorc gets ripped to pieces if they get too close. This doesn't happen with those somewhat overpowered wolves though :P

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Sun Dec 01, 2002 10:28 pm

Minor nit: conversion times are SO long, that I'm often standing around like an idiot until they finally die. :p

Spirit wolves have too many HP compared to bears (about 3/4th their HP) and there are 5 of them. Direwolves do good damage and are balanced if not for the fact that they have almost as much HP as bears. SoB is balanced - better than IM + golem because you can summon up to 5 minions, but it IS a level 30 skill. It's just that the wolves always outlive the enemy beating on them, with that many HP and with their numbers (especially compared to the necro who gets 1 golem and has to pay the lottery in mana cost to summon one).
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Return to “Seven Lances”