Nice mod...(possibly off-topic)

The Seven Lances mod forum has moved to http://www.sevenlances.com.
Rana Loreus
Paladin

Hand-picked

Nice mod...(possibly off-topic)

Post by Rana Loreus » Wed Dec 04, 2002 8:26 pm

Thanks for the great mod, FoxBat ;-)

For old time sake I reinstalled D2 and LoD and was struck by how strange the graphic looks. Guess I have been spoilt by 800x600 resolutions and ultra-clear graphics. The first thing I thought off is to get a mod...Seven Lances sound nice so I grab it...

A couple of suggestions...

1) Do you think mercenaries are over-powered? Not in terms of skill-wise, but stats-wise. The rogue mercenary is doing at least 2x damage compared to my character.

2) I feel that the Oak Sage's radius is too small. My druid is not getting his 'boost' most of the time...

BTW, I gave up on NWN. D&D is never my cup of tea and when I found out I couldn't mod the rules or the core spells, I uninstalled it. That has been four months ago though...

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Thu Dec 05, 2002 5:27 pm

Nice to see you round these parts stranger ;)

1) Skill wise you may have a point, because fire and ice arrow are much improved now. Stat wise... I lowered their damage as much as I could, by default it is 1-1. Their damage is now entirely dependent upon weapon...

2) Hmm, I don't recall changing the radius, but I will look at this.

For NWN: actually, you CAN mod spells pretty good, it's just a bit hidden. All spells have a script file that fires, and you can edit the script to do basically whatever you want. With .2da editing (much like d2 txt editing) you can make new spells and stuff as well.

Unfortunately, core combat rules are mostly out of reach. There are some real frustrating character bugs and imbalances that we can't do a darn thing to fix. You do get alot of power in other areas though. If I had quit D2 I would probably be doing more with the game, I feel very at home with NWscript.

Oh well, maybe you get a little more milage out of the two expansions. :P

Return to “Seven Lances”