[old version] Median 2 S.E. bugs and feedback thread

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

Bolt_PT

Re: Median 2 Special Edition bugs and feedback thread

Post by Bolt_PT » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:59 pm

There are reports that the upgrade recipes are indeed working, and anyway, a broken recipe should not eat the ingredients (Ith runes), but usually just fails to work altogether. What exactly is the problem for you?
My problem is: I spend items on doing the recipe ( as I said, I've tried about 20 times now, and the items disappear so it should be working) but never saw any modifier on any item I tried to cube (not even "fully upgraded"). Am I defying the probability law or something? in 20 tries not getting even one, once from five 15% chance modifiers is too weird, even for me :-|

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:17 pm

Do the items already have these modifiers to begin with? If you upgrade a +102% ED, 3% deadly strike sword and you roll ED and deadly strike, you may end up with a +109% ED, 4% deadly strike sword. If you haven't looked very closely at the original item, you may not notice the difference.

That or there is something weird with item/character levels going on. I know Kelhan (or volf?) managed to get some decent upgrades on his armor, and an instant Fully Upgraded on his weapon. So there is something that's working about it.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Bolt_PT

Post by Bolt_PT » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:45 pm

No, I'm quite sure that none of the existing modifiers was changed. I'll make an exception and am gonna test it in my laptop (where I'm at this moment) as I'm not in a great mood for studying (who does ? :mrgreen: ).

I'll say something in the next minutes or something.

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Post by Volf » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:06 pm

Yep that was me, i have used the ith + jewel recipes allot and most of the time I get 1 bonus

Bolt_PT

Post by Bolt_PT » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:20 pm

Tested it again, and found that in a shockwave bow it never works, but consumes the item. Maybe it doesn't work for all jewelword items, but I can't be sure. I tried it on a runeword, and it appeared twice in a row fully upgraded without further bonuses, but I guess it works fine and I'm unlucky in that case.

You should investigate jewelwords :roll: they're evil :twisted:

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:16 pm

[quote=Bolt_PT";p="256177"]I tried it on a runeword, and it appeared twice in a row fully upgraded without further bonuses, but I guess it works fine and I'm unlucky in that case. [/quote]

So you can actually cube a runeword, get Fully Upgraded, and cube it again, and the recipe works??

Hmm. That's a Verrry Bad bug. :(
Median XL released!

Bolt_PT

Post by Bolt_PT » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:03 pm

No, no Laz, I used 2 different items, but I got the same result on both, fully upgraded at first time with no further bonuses. You can't cube a fully upgraded runeword item, at least it doesn't work for me.
Sorry for my misleading speach :P.

But please see what's up with the jewelwords :cry:

LordTemjin
Paladin

Post by LordTemjin » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:20 pm

> 'Deities': at level 30, you can choose between six mutually exclusive passives to enhance your character:
- ...Ice: +100% chill/freeze lengths.
- ...Light: +50% faster healing pots.
- ...Lore: improves modifiers on certain new runewords.
- ...Mysteries: +500 crafting points, unlocks bonus recipes.
- ...Vengeance: all skill timers -50%.
- ...War: adds +50% damage effect to healing potions.

Neato.

Hitting 30 would be like being given $50 for free and sent to a candy store.
<juice> Invalid Syntax Error?
<juice> usually the syntax errors I get are Valid.

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:19 am

Median 2006 preview

@Bolt: jewelwords were never a feature of D2, so it is entirely possible a jewelword is not 'any' item in the game's eyes, just like Scroll Lock is often not 'any' key in DOS' eyes.
Median XL released!

Bolt_PT

Post by Bolt_PT » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:34 pm

@Bolt: jewelwords were never a feature of D2, so it is entirely possible a jewelword is not 'any' item in the game's eyes, just like Scroll Lock is often not 'any' key in DOS' eyes.
Yeah, I thought of that, but still I had some hope that it would be easily fixable.. guess I'm wrong -.-'.

Another thing: is it possible to have 1000 crafting points? It seems pretty difficult to reach anything near that amount, and so is rune upgrading after Lo :P . You're an evil evil man Laz :twisted: .

PS: Can you give me an estimative of when Ber+ runes can be dropped?

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:13 pm

[quote=Bolt_PT";p="256314"]Another thing: is it possible to have 1000 crafting points? It seems pretty difficult to reach anything near that amount, and so is rune upgrading after Lo :P . You're an evil evil man Laz :twisted: .[/quote]

Yep, however, you'll probably need lucky rares to get >~800 points. A high tier Hratli's Craft will help, or dumping Sur runes into everything.

[quote=Bolt_PT";p="256314"]PS: Can you give me an estimative of when Ber+ runes can be dropped?[/quote]

Hell difficulty. :) They're not that rare, considering volf had several Zods in M2 and this was before the rune drop rate boost. Oddly, he didn't get a Ber. Stupid randomiser. :cry:
Median XL released!

Bolt_PT

Post by Bolt_PT » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:32 pm

That means Andy can drop them, right? I wanna make a Fountain of Tears bow for my zon so I can change some of my equip. I want to keep the "cannot be frozen" mod in myself, it's damn useful :mrgreen: .

I'm looking forward for that 2006 version :)

Whitemagebishieboy
Paladin

Post by Whitemagebishieboy » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:19 am

Laz ive been thinking about your admited bewilderment about ES and Zy-Els popularity, and such while playing your mod and noteing despite my prefrence of Median i play ES more.

Diablo is a mindless hack and slash loot hunt, and yet, i dont feel that when i play your mod.

I rarely feel satisfaction when finding a piece of loot, and only twice have i said oh gee WOW this is awesome on a piece of gear.
Then the mindless part, as you intended, your mod is diffucult, often -frustraitingly- diffucult. Frustrateing the people trying your mod is probably not going to enchance its popularity.

*Shrug* just my thoughts.
Last edited by Whitemagebishieboy on Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:47 pm

[quote=Whitemagebishieboy";p="256379"]Diablo is a mindless hack and slash loot hunt, and yet, i dont feel that when i play your mod.[/quote]

So, you're saying I should make all monsters weak as kittens and drop overpowered uniques?

FYI, Diablo 2 was never intended as a mindless loot hunt to begin with. D2 was supposed to be 'literally impossible' according to the devs, and I doubt the fact that LoD was easier than CD2 instead of harder was entirely intended...

[quote=Whitemagebishieboy";p="256379"]I rarely feel satisfaction when finding a piece of loot, and only twice have i said oh gee WOW this is awesome on a piece of gear.[/quote]

And how many times did you say WOW this is awesome in CLoD? Anything that is decently good is pretty much unfindable in CLoD, and the actual overpowered stuff is even rarer. Ever seen a Windforce drop?

[quote=Whitemagebishieboy";p="256379"]Then the mindless part, as you intended, your mod is diffucult, often -frustraitingly- diffucult. Frustrateing the people trying your mod is probably not going to enchance its popularity.[/quote]

Define 'frustrating'. There's a 'frustrating' as in 1/ 'I tried 20 times using the leetest strategies and I just can't beat it', and there is 'frustrating' as in 2/ 'I rushed into a pack of 15 monsters and attempted to tank them and use the only skill I have, and got owned'.

I'd like to hear what parts of the mod you find frustrating, so I can make up my mind about whether your case falls under 1/ or 2/.
Last edited by Brother Laz on Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Median XL released!

Whitemagebishieboy
Paladin

Post by Whitemagebishieboy » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:26 pm

Brother Laz";p="256400" wrote:
So, you're saying I should make all monsters weak as kittens and drop overpowered uniques?
No never. I -like- the diffucult. I just wondering out loud.
FYI, Diablo 2 was never intended as a mindless loot hunt to begin with. D2 was supposed to be 'literally impossible' according to the devs, and I doubt the fact that LoD was easier than CD2 instead of harder was entirely intended...
I never felt diablo 2 was hard pre X-pak. Well except diablo himself. Most of the game was point, click, monsters die.
And how many times did you say WOW this is awesome in CLoD? Anything that is decently good is pretty much unfindable in CLoD, and the actual overpowered stuff is even rarer. Ever seen a Windforce drop?
Considering for my most of my d2 life i never knew what the best items were, quite a bit my first couple of playthoughs.
Define 'frustrating'. There's a 'frustrating' as in 1/ 'I tried 20 times using the leetest strategies and I just can't beat it', and there is 'frustrating' as in 2/ 'I rushed into a pack of 15 monsters and attempted to tank them and use the only skill I have, and got owned'.

I'd like to hear what parts of the mod you find frustrating, so I can make up my mind about whether your case falls under 1/ or 2/.
The part where if i make a single mistake, i tend to end up meat paste on the ground. If i dont figure out which mobs are the threat, run around letting my shadows draw attention then basically assiniate those threats, i die.
Thus i enjoy the diffuculty when im in the mood for it, which is rarer than the mindless loot nabbing of ES. But i do enjoy my time more.
Last edited by Whitemagebishieboy on Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LordTemjin
Paladin

Post by LordTemjin » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:30 pm

Only a minor beef with me and probably most other people is that those stun hitting wraiths in act 1 seem slightly too hard at times, especially for melee characters who havent been able to invest in spells yet due to mana and getting melee skills. Getting stunlock-killed is probably the most infuriating way to die! Anytime I get stunlocked near death I instantly save and quit, then load it up again.

Another reason these wraiths or invisible spirits or whatever they're called are annoying is that they are...well...invisible. Duh, right? But it does play a factor in getting ready for such monsters. I mean, you can't really get ready for them until they're already on you.

This isn't some mind blowing issue or anything; just me whining a bit :). It would be nice if you could move them out of most of act 1 or even make them visible.

Though I just thought about something. Perhaps a skill like retribute or retaliate does more damage when you are hit by a stunning enemy? Or possibly some other skill.

Thanks for staying on the ball with this mod, Laz. You've convinced me that median no longer means the middle, but rather it means the top :)

Bolt_PT

Post by Bolt_PT » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:30 pm

Indeed, invisible AND stunning mobs can take you in few seconds if you're caught unaware. I used to cascade away every 10 steps with my zon because of that. You can also use Slayer or something that auto-targets to detect them. In last case, I think you can use Maph**k as well to see them, but that would be cheating ( you naughty boys).

I didn't have that much trouble with them, but also couldn't draw off my attention anywhere out of town.. and sometimes is pretty difficult to keep near 100% concentrated.

Laz, this invisible\stunning mob remembered me of something. In the new median version, with that respawn thing.. will these kinds of mobs be able to respawn? I mean, that would be a bit.. huh.. too much maybe? They can respawn just behind your ass.. 8-O.

Oh, I'd like some changes to the cow level too. I know it's just a kind of appendix.. but it was pretty fun killing cows in CLoD. Sure it was rewarding too... but still was fun to do. This new cow level... nor fun nor rewarding.. I feel like it could be improved a lot. Some place where we could go after kicking Baal's ass. Perhaps you can come with items that would only be dropped by mobs there... dunno.
Anyway, you're still the modder. I'm sharing my feelings.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Bolt_PT on Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:19 pm

[quote=Whitemagebishieboy";p="256426"]I never felt diablo 2 was hard pre X-pak. Well except diablo himself. Most of the game was point, click, monsters die.[/quote]

Which was never intended by the devs.

[quote=Whitemagebishieboy";p="256426"]Considering for my most of my d2 life i never knew what the best items were, quite a bit my first couple of playthoughs.[/quote]

I'm adding a second set of more obviously leet uniques in M2006, and improving sets. Crafting will be improved as well, so the uber-hard-to-get uber-crafted-rares will still be the best items, but there will be more of a power gap between common items and special ones.

[quote=Whitemagebishieboy";p="256426"]Thus i enjoy the diffuculty when im in the mood for it, which is rarer than the mindless loot nabbing of ES. But i do enjoy my time more.[/quote]

You're not the only one, many people complain that 'all the skills are too weak', or get killed by zombies and quit. I like the difficulty, but more people do not than there are people who do. So, M2006 will be much easier in Normal (but in Hell, the difficulty curve will return with a vengeance).

[quote=LordTemjin";p="256429"]Getting stunlock-killed is probably the most infuriating way to die! Anytime I get stunlocked near death I instantly save and quit, then load it up again.[/quote]

What is your defense?

M2006 will be a lot easier in the early levels, and you'll be able to shop for staves with +to single skill bonuses.

[quote=LordTemjin";p="256429"]Though I just thought about something. Perhaps a skill like retribute or retaliate does more damage when you are hit by a stunning enemy? Or possibly some other skill.[/quote]

Impossible. Next. :twisted:

[quote=LordTemjin";p="256429"]Thanks for staying on the ball with this mod, Laz. You've convinced me that median no longer means the middle, but rather it means the top :)[/quote]

:blush:

[quote=Bolt_PT";p="256436"]Indeed, invisible AND stunning mobs can take you in few seconds if you're caught unaware. I used to cascade away every 10 steps with my zon because of that. You can also use Slayer or something that auto-targets to detect them.[/quote]

I find that level 1 LC is very effective at marking threats, more so than the tiny Slayer bolts. :)

[quote=Bolt_PT";p="256436"]Laz, this invisible\stunning mob remembered me of something. In the new median version, with that respawn thing.. will these kinds of mobs be able to respawn? I mean, that would be a bit.. huh.. too much maybe? They can respawn just behind your ass.. 8-O.[/quote]

Respawn time is currently ~5 minutes, so you'll certainly be able to get out of the way before they respawn. And you should even be able to complete the Den of Evil before the first monsters respawn. :mrgreen:

[quote=Bolt_PT";p="256436"]Oh, I'd like some changes to the cow level too. I know it's just a kind of appendix.. but it was pretty fun killing cows in CLoD. Sure it was rewarding too... but still was fun to do.[/quote]

I don't want to make this the endless farming area, but I'll replace the kiddies with a random assortment of WSK monsters (with a huge monster density, of course) and Pwnzor the Player Killer will drop a special reward...
Last edited by Brother Laz on Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Median XL released!

LordTemjin
Paladin

Post by LordTemjin » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:00 pm

BrotherLaz" wrote:
LordTemjin";p="256429" wrote:Though I just thought about something. Perhaps a skill like retribute or retaliate does more damage when you are hit by a stunning enemy? Or possibly some other skill.
Impossible. Next. :twisted:
Impossible for Laz?

Impossible! :twisted:

Bolt_PT

Post by Bolt_PT » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:53 am

I don't want to make this the endless farming area, but I'll replace the kiddies with a random assortment of WSK monsters (with a huge monster density, of course) and Pwnzor the Player Killer will drop a special reward...
Will they moo as you slaughter them? :mrgreen: .
I find that level 1 LC is very effective at marking threats, more so than the tiny Slayer bolts. icon_smile.gif
Yeah, you're right. I just don't have D2 here :cry: so I can't remember them all :oops: .

You're not the only one, many people complain that 'all the skills are too weak', or get killed by zombies and quit. I like the difficulty, but more people do not than there are people who do. So, M2006 will be much easier in Normal (but in Hell, the difficulty curve will return with a vengeance).
I'm a bit worried when you say "much easier", but then Hell vengeance seems pretty appealing to me, as long as it's still fun
:twisted: .

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Post by Volf » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:05 am

Here is a wild suggestion, simple develop 2 versions 1 towards easy the other follows the hard direction. I know this would cause you allot of headaches due to double work, but if you can handle it/real life leaves enough free time then it would be a good option.

grkkilla

Help!!!!

Post by grkkilla » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:09 am

I need some help with the diablo Mod MEDIAN_2 v1.17 I am a noob at this mod. :( Is there any way to play this mod online??? And a looked at other subjects about codeing. where would u type those codes in?

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Moved

Post by Volf » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:15 am

*This topic has been moved from General Diablo 2 Discussion to Mods By Laz*
Think this is a better location for this post.

For multiplayer host a tc/ip game and tell the ip to your friends. Everyone joining the game will need to have the same version of medain installed

grkkilla

Post by grkkilla » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:22 am

Do u know anyone that might give there tc/ip and has the same version as me that is one or something? cuz none of my friends play diablo 2 soo i am lonely :(

Volf
Retired Admin
Dominion
Finland

Hand-picked

Post by Volf » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:35 am

I think most people play median2se now but there might be a few playing the old m2 1.17 so i guess you could edit the topic of this post ritle to "m2 1.17 looking for tc/ip buddy" and hope to get a reply

Return to “Mods By Laz”