Median 2008 bugs and feedback thread

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

No votes

Total votes: 0

Baerk Konnevala
Champion of the Light

Re: Median 2008 bugs and feedback thread

Post by Baerk Konnevala » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:48 pm

Unfortunately every base item does not appear at an equal rate on the gambling screen despite what should be an equal selection rate. The random number generator is skewed. There's actually a range of items that should only be getting selected 2.5% of the time that's actually being selected 7.5% of the time (I figured this out just from the changes Laz made to the unique gambling chances.).

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:06 pm

is that the case when generating item drops, too?
[align=center] oh man - median2008 is awesome... thanks laz and his helpers...

[color=F0E68C]The New Area of Median![/color]

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

Logger_120
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Logger_120 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:11 am

Request:

Please, please, please improve the Rouge mercs. I really liek the skill setsd of these mercs and liek to use Rouges with melee and summoner builds but the Median Rouge are severely underpowered. I know there will be a FRW and Def bonus but that's not what these mercs need most. Really there are two reasons why Act I mercs are underpowered

1) Extremely lack of life. My lvl 61 Rouge has 732 hit points, 1 hit from almost any monster and she's toast. worst of all any on death effect or AoE elemental attack and again toast. I understand the whole ranged character low life concept but this is a little much. I could try to go for +%max life gear but there isn't enough to make her viable w/o totally devoting her gear to max life.

2) Extreme lack of stats. Again, lack of strength I can understand, ranged character but the lack of dexterity really kills this merc. Lack of 1 stat can easily be overcome but lack of two stats is much harded to deal with. My rouge (61) has 242 dex and 162 str, this means she is basically stuck with tier 4 or 5 equipment for all endgame gear. Now I realize I could try to go for -%reqs and +stats but that pretty much narrows down my options to only a handful of items and I still won't be able to use many tier 6 items (scareds are out of the question). Also since mercs are limited to 3 slots its nice to use sockets to enhance gear not just to be able to wear it.

My first suggestion is to give the rouge significantly more base life. Not a huge amount but 1k life (or even 1.5k; most characters get 8k easy) at lvl 60 doesn't seem like too much to ask. Second give the rogue more stats per level, especially dex. The strength can be worked around (although 1 more str per lvl would be a big help) but the dex is a much bigger problem. Could you add 2 more dex per lvl so Rouge's can use more (and bigger) bows? Lastly, a differeent apporach and benefical to all mercs, have you considered merc only sets? I think it would be nice to have 3 (or 4) piece set designed to benefit the different merc classes.

jackrabbitfp

Post by jackrabbitfp » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:32 am

i have a question for Brother Laz, but first i must say this is the best mod i have ever played. My question is is there a plugin for the merc so that you can use rings and ammys and such??
Death and destruction will come quick and painful for those who oppose me.

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:18 am

i have a question for Brother Laz, but first i must say this is the best mod i have ever played. My question is is there a plugin for the merc so that you can use rings and ammys and such??
That one requires D2mod or CE . Laz tends to stay away from those (and those forces you to use v1.10 too) .

Laz (forgot to answer to your reply about Doom Serpents) : missile spawn missiles spawn missiles is cool, but coolness isn't everything. :roll: Cold Blood also displays 1/8 damage right? Or just make it display damage damage per second, and divide the number by 25. Doom Serpents is probably the least used Sorc skill.

Oh, and the Enead Necro's Nightmare isn't cured by healing vendors.
Last edited by Doabli on Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stay away from ballet dancers with an attitude .

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:56 pm

Removed NextDelay from DS, will increase merc stats (x3 dex for Act 1, x3 str for Act 2, x2 dex/str for Act 5, skill boosts to strategical skills like Retribute and Mage Armor, Act 5 gets Perfect Being), will fix Nightmare. Thanks!
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:15 pm

just three words: LoL.
no i want anyone to complain about mercs again :P

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

nimrod
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by nimrod » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:26 pm

[quote=Brother Laz";p="366200"]Removed NextDelay from DS[/quote]
Wouldn't that make it overpowered with cold fear? it would hit fast running monsters 25 times per second, right?
There is only one cure for poverty, and that is, the liberation of women. -Christopher Hitchens

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:49 am

The sparks will self-destroy on striking.
Median XL released!

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:17 am

Is it just me or are the gargoyle soldiers not healing themselves at all, just turning into stones over and over again?

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:32 am

hey ive noticed that as well.

are you going to make merc-enemies. :P

Logger_120
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Logger_120 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:20 pm

[quote=Brother Laz";p="366200"]Removed NextDelay from DS, will increase merc stats (x3 dex for Act 1, x3 str for Act 2, x2 dex/str for Act 5, skill boosts to strategical skills like Retribute and Mage Armor, Act 5 gets Perfect Being), will fix Nightmare. Thanks![/quote]

Sweet that will really help mercs. There will surely be more variety in selection now.

But what about rouge survivability? Life would be good like I said before but what about something more radical? Since all mercs are gettting a nice FRW bonus, what about trading Wings of Wrath for a defensive passive? I know they already have Defensive Harmony (which is a great skill btw) but thats not quite the same. I'm talking about taking hits here not avoiding them b/c it's not always possible to keep the rogue out of trouble. I was thinking of something that rhymes with..... balance...

Seriously though it will make up of the fact that they have no strength and will fit the rouge theme. Just a low level maybe 5-8 range at lvl 120 or whatever is balanced.

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:02 pm

Besides the gargoyles , carrion birds are also wierd (they can be targeted when they fly, but sometimes on the ground they are invincible statues) . And probably remove the NHD on their Bloodlust too, it caused Lillis' Stampede problem.

nimrod
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by nimrod » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:19 pm

I have two skill suggestions/requests.

1. Could you change poison flash into a short buff that works like ferie fire but instead of having a trail of weapon carrying sparks, have a trail of poison clouds. It already works in a similar way, but it's too short to be useful. Making it last 2 seconds would make it much easier to use.

2. I think that adding a synergy from light and shadow to holy VoJ that decreases the delay between attacks might make it a bit more useful. Sort of like shadow avatar's synergy from pagan rites.

Also...
But then it wouldn't really matter if it had NHD or not (other than the fact that you'd be able to use it with a shapeshifter merc). :-|
There is only one cure for poverty, and that is, the liberation of women. -Christopher Hitchens

Baerk Konnevala
Champion of the Light

Post by Baerk Konnevala » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:43 pm

I just noticed an error in the documentation and I'm not sure if any one else has mentioned this. It concerns the Butcher in the Trial of Fear in the Black Road Challenge. In the documentation it just says you simply summon him. It doesn't mention anything about the situation being similiar to Koth and you having to kill the Butcher in order to cube the completion note on the class charm.

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:36 pm

nimrod";p="366341" wrote:1. Could you change poison flash into a short buff that works like ferie fire but instead of having a trail of weapon carrying sparks, have a trail of poison clouds. It already works in a similar way, but it's too short to be useful. Making it last 2 seconds would make it much easier to use.
If it works like that, it is a bug, and I might change it (if possible) to fix this, or eliminate the multiple hits altogether. Assimilating game bugs as features is so ES.
nimrod";p="366341" wrote:2. I think that adding a synergy from light and shadow to holy VoJ that decreases the delay between attacks might make it a bit more useful. Sort of like shadow avatar's synergy from pagan rites.
Hardcoded.
nimrod";p="366341" wrote:Also...
But then it wouldn't really matter if it had NHD or not (other than the fact that you'd be able to use it with a shapeshifter merc). :-|
NextDelay on a non-piercing attack still has negative effects.

Baerk Konnevala";p="366347" wrote:I just noticed an error in the documentation and I'm not sure if any one else has mentioned this. It concerns the Butcher in the Trial of Fear in the Black Road Challenge. In the documentation it just says you simply summon him. It doesn't mention anything about the situation being similiar to Koth and you having to kill the Butcher in order to cube the completion note on the class charm.
I thought this was sort of obvious... but I'll get my lawyer to write the 1.57 documentation. ;)
Median XL released!

nimrod
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by nimrod » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:52 pm

[quote=Brother Laz";p="366370"][quote=nimrod";p="366341"]1. Could you change poison flash into a short buff that works like ferie fire but instead of having a trail of weapon carrying sparks, have a trail of poison clouds. It already works in a similar way, but it's too short to be useful. Making it last 2 seconds would make it much easier to use.[/quote]

If it works like that, it is a bug, and I might change it (if possible) to fix this, or eliminate the multiple hits altogether. Assimilating game bugs as features is so ES.
[/quote]
It's kind of weird that you're saying that, because you knew about this bug for month. In fact, you're the one that told about this trick. :roll:
Also, if the bug happens because of the "hits 4 times" then it should be the same for flash.

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:10 am

Could you change poison flash into a short buff that works like ferie fire but instead of having a trail of weapon carrying sparks, have a trail of poison clouds.
Haha, how perfect would that be for the build I just wrote? Especially since we already need Poison Flash anyway as a synergy to Gamma Field! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ls426

Post by ls426 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:09 am

In a previous thread outlining new changes, it was said that runes will now only give you one with a downgrade. At the time I had no problem with this, because using runes just to make runewords etc, you really do not use them very often. But runes are also used for jewelcrafting. I know it seems very few people use it, but the reality is that you can get some very good jewels this way, especially for spell damage. But you really need lots of runes to be able to make anything good. This is ok at the moment, as you can get heaps of runes from downgrading, but with the new changes (and also the changes to the rune drops in terror fauztinville) it will make it much more difficult to be able to use jewelcrafting. So I would suggest changing the existing recipes to make them use lower runes (ie make the highest one use zod or something). It will still be more difficult to craft good jewels, but not as difficult as it will be if the current runes are used.

ThePlaYer

Post by ThePlaYer » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:18 am

Doabli";p="366085" wrote:
... Doom Serpents is probably the least used Sorc skill.
Not quite. I accomplished the lvl15-challenge in Tran with a sorc using Doom Serpent. It is a good ranged attack in those narrow pathways and also works great around corners against the pesky archer chicks.
All Your Base Are Belong to Us

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:25 am

I did use the word 'probably' . Plus, you using it doesn't mean many other players use it. And that's early game, later it suffers a lot from high cast rate vs other spells.

Laz : I'm curious why Unholy Armor has such a high duration. IMO it is the reason why chars just don't bother playing minions, being invulnerable 75% all the time is just plain easier to survive.

I believe Act5's Enslaved monsters don't heal when they run away . And the knights monsters (reanimated horde) don't benefit from charm commands (I know they already have an aura, but it's annoying when you charm them because they can't kill anything) .

Small request : can you consider making the mosquitoes monsters a little weaker ? :-| They are quick, agressive, and deal horrible damage. May be my char is just a little weak.
Last edited by Doabli on Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

ls426

Post by ls426 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:13 am

nevermind
Last edited by ls426 on Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:38 am

[quote=Doabli";p="366430"]
I did use the word 'probably' . Plus, you using it doesn't mean many other players use it. And that's early game, later it suffers a lot from high cast rate vs other spells.

Laz : I'm curious why Unholy Armor has such a high duration. IMO it is the reason why chars just don't bother playing minions, being invulnerable 75% all the time is just plain easier to survive.

I believe Act5's Enslaved monsters don't heal when they run away . And the knights monsters (reanimated horde) don't benefit from charm commands (I know they already have an aura, but it's annoying when you charm them because they can't kill anything) .

Small request : can you consider making the mosquitoes monsters a little weaker ? :-| They are quick, agressive, and deal horrible damage. May be my char is just a little weak.
[/quote]
every point seconded.
i realized those horrible mosquitos, too. a little imba. and if you find champs of them you're definetly dead. (but that's only on terror/hatred)
and when charming... since archers don't benefit from ki, at least the melee monsters should all be able to recieve commands.

[/align]

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:19 am

pza" wrote:i realized those horrible mosquitos, too. a little imba. and if you find champs of them you're definetly dead. (but that's only on terror/hatred)
I thought it was just my lame gameplay. :D I had to move very careful in areas with these things because when I meet them they instant kill me easily (mostly because their hit cuts off too much life and put me in hit recovery) .
pza" wrote:and when charming... since archers don't benefit from ki, at least the melee monsters should all be able to recieve commands.
:?: Archers do, I got killed by those things plenty of time before when I put KI on them. But those knights are annoying, if you charm them then just leave, they are worthless (their auras don't do much, and it prevents the use of invisible aura) .
The archer thing was probably old version problem (when damage bonus was flat points, it caused the 'Grief' problem) .
Last edited by Doabli on Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

aerial
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by aerial » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:56 am

I like fact that champions are strong. Remember had problems with mosquitos too, but it was paladin so holy armor saved me.
But imo its fun when we can actually DIE. To be honest even playing untwinked its not that easy to die, usually the problem is that we are killing too slow. Its fun that there are rare extremally strong mobs wich can finally kill us fast. You can allways run away btw.
Imo it wouldnt that bad if there was new class of mobs (like unique and champions), rare, randomly spawned in regular areas wich are immune to everything and super strong. And character should run away/leave them. It would prevent ppl from running arround without any fear that they can be killed ;]
::::: my median videos :::::

Return to “Mods By Laz”