Median 2008 bugs and feedback thread

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

No votes

Total votes: 0

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:07 am

aerial" wrote:You can allways run away btw.
Not always ;) usually when I see a pack of monsters I retreat immidiately to make some distance, then summon spirits to tank. But usually spirits drop in less than 2 secs then they goes for me. When I realized that they are boss pack I'm usually already dead.
It does make the game more interesting though. I learnt to use Fortress to scout the area before advancing. Slow, but it's much better.
Stay away from ballet dancers with an attitude .

xMeox
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: Median 2008 bugs and feedback thread

Post by xMeox » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:07 am

[quote=aerial";p="366667"]
I like fact that champions are strong. Remember had problems with mosquitos too, but it was paladin so holy armor saved me.
But imo its fun when we can actually DIE. To be honest even playing untwinked its not that easy to die, usually the problem is that we are killing too slow. Its fun that there are rare extremally strong mobs wich can finally kill us fast. You can allways run away btw.
Imo it wouldnt that bad if there was new class of mobs (like unique and champions), rare, randomly spawned in regular areas wich are immune to everything and super strong. And character should run away/leave them. It would prevent ppl from running arround without any fear that they can be killed ;]
[/quote]

nice idea ;)
what about random unique spawning monsters with char-lvl * 1,5 (if possible) and a 10%ctc HA on striking/struck --> it is hard to kill those monsters, but possible (btw: suche unkillable monsters would be realy great for my DoZaZoN because i would get some more free Procs...)

chance that you meet such a monster.. 1/15 per area... (if this is possible monster should spawn when you enter area because of the mlvl = clvl*1,5 and if they spawn on entering the game it may be very easy in early game.. (entering with lvl 1 --> you got some unique monsters in the whole game at lvl 2 -.-)

maby give them some ranged and trielemental attacks (maelstrom and krakenstance? :mrgreen:)
Last edited by xMeox on Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

ls426

Post by ls426 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:47 am

[quote=aerial";p="366667"]Imo it wouldnt that bad if there was new class of mobs (like unique and champions), rare, randomly spawned in regular areas wich are immune to everything and super strong. And character should run away/leave them. It would prevent ppl from running arround without any fear that they can be killed ;][/quote]
Like 1/100 chance to spawn a group of ureh citizens :D

I don't think I'd really want to see immortal creatures popping up, but some rare uniques that are much harder might be good. Perhaps this could be some new kind of uberquest - something very difficult that only has a chance to spawn, and you don't know where - you have to be ready for it.

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:27 am

there was a time when monsters had a chance to get revived...

what happened to that/

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:38 am

You meant the 25% ctc Dark Summoning? It was hated by many players :roll: . I personally liked that feature in 2k6 . Sometimes it just create endless battles because it summons bosses endlessly.

xMeox
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by xMeox » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:53 pm

hm i never played 2k6 but this sounds very nice!
what about 1 area in every act wich such an ctc bosses? maby 1 lvl before the actboss?
or in cow lvl hell? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by xMeox on Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:59 pm

don't like this idea. there are already a couple of uberquests where something keeps spawning new monsters, for example infernal machne (i guess that's the name^^), kurast summoners and also the totems there, and the cowlevel summoners (though the last two only summon very rarely i think). and if you want monsters to be summoned in front of you, just summon them yourself, that's called summoning uberquest in some areas.
[align=center] oh man - median2008 is awesome... thanks laz and his helpers...

[color=F0E68C]The New Area of Median![/color]

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

Evilbookworm

Post by Evilbookworm » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:37 am

A gamble filter. Please put a gamble filter in, the clicking "gamble" 400 times (only a slight exaggeration) to try and find one piece of armor or whatnot... I can understand a low %, but being unable to gamble items at all not because they are not to be gambled, but because the % won't come up is maddening.

*deposits 2 cents*

Skivverus
Champion of the Light

Post by Skivverus » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:24 am

Heard before, and denied last time at least because that would, if I remember correctly, require code editing and therefore an installation program and compatibility issues with Macs and 1.11.

eric_draven16

Post by eric_draven16 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:58 am

[quote=Doabli";p="366430"]I did use the word 'probably' . Plus, you using it doesn't mean many other players use it. And that's early game, later it suffers a lot from high cast rate vs other spells.
[/quote]

True enough, but I found it to be a good skill. It can be used to improve the freeze length on glacial nova, not that you'd be maxing GN. But DS works pretty well in conjunction with arcane torrent, you can still drop one point into mana coil to refill in a dire situation as well.

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:30 pm

[quote=Doabli";p="366430"]Laz : I'm curious why Unholy Armor has such a high duration. IMO it is the reason why chars just don't bother playing minions, being invulnerable 75% all the time is just plain easier to survive.[/quote]

I've increased the timer to 30 seconds in 1.57, but increased the hard duration cap, leaving more room for +% buff duration. This'll make people work for their invulnerability.

[quote=Doabli";p="366430"]I believe Act5's Enslaved monsters don't heal when they run away.[/quote]

Enslaved... the toads? Rust monsters? I'll look into it.

[quote=Doabli";p="366430"]And the knights monsters (reanimated horde) don't benefit from charm commands (I know they already have an aura, but it's annoying when you charm them because they can't kill anything).[/quote]

It is because of the aura. Anything with an innate aura cannot receive pet commands. Lorewise, if they already know how to project an aura, it makes them less susceptible to enemy attempts to do the same. Or something. That said, I suspect Knights of Famine may be a wee bit too strong if commands worked on them, due to that chance to cast full heal on striking.

[quote=Doabli";p="366430"]Small request : can you consider making the mosquitoes monsters a little weaker ? :-| They are quick, agressive, and deal horrible damage. May be my char is just a little weak.[/quote]

Is it their physical damage, poison damage, the PF proc, or open wounds?

[quote=Evilbookworm";p="366957"]A gamble filter.[/quote]

I don't like anything version-specific; one of the USPs of this mod is that it works on 1.10 [for heavy mod players], 1.11 [for normal people], and on Macs [for brainwashed zombies].

This, of course, comes at the cost of things like gloves and boots for mercenaries, a kill counter, and all those little things modmakers like to insert in mods at the cost of a much harder installation procedure, or one of those dubious scripts. Most people calling in with installation trouble have had another mod installed and it messed up their file paths.

Also, I believe the gamble filter was made for Eastern Sun; using it in Median would be theft of some kind.

[quote=xMeox";p="366669"]what about random unique spawning monsters with char-lvl * 1,5 (if possible) and a 10%ctc HA on striking/struck --& it is hard to kill those monsters, but possible (btw: suche unkillable monsters would be realy great for my DoZaZoN because i would get some more free Procs...)[/quote]

HA proc would suck for necros, but the idea of random strong monsters is good - I'll consider something like that.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:38 pm

Brother Laz" wrote:Is it their physical damage, poison damage, the PF proc, or open wounds?
I didn't notice... probably all three of those striking at once caused my death. But I'll say it's the physical part (aside from the big worm guarding Horadric staff with Gamma Field and Black Lotus Strike from some monsters, poison damage don't pose much of a threat) .
Brother Laz" wrote:Enslaved... the toads? Rust monsters? I'll look into it.
Yes. Btw those toads that got hardcoded spawn with Shenk, they don't have an immunity despite being in act 5(they are also the most 'unique' monsters in the game) . :lol:
Oh, did I mention that cold skeletons are also hardcoded spawn with Baal mob boss 2?

xMeox
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by xMeox » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:45 pm

[quote=Doabli";p="367003"]
Oh, did I mention that cold skeletons are also hardcoded spawn with Baal mob boss 2?[/quote]
i allready wondered about this.. maby the 3rd group of baals followers too? (or is there a other reason why they hadnt been exchanged?)

Skeleon
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Skeleon » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:37 pm

But I'll say it's the physical part
Agreed. Also, I think they have a chance to stun you, which is a very painful combination with their extreme speed (they can put you into recovery-lock).
Especially chars with 2-handed weapons have a hard time getting an attack out while taking that kind of punishment.

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:40 pm

Doabli";p="367003" wrote:
Brother Laz" wrote:Is it their physical damage, poison damage, the PF proc, or open wounds?
I didn't notice... probably all three of those striking at once caused my death. But I'll say it's the physical part (aside from the big worm guarding Horadric staff with Gamma Field and Black Lotus Strike from some monsters, poison damage don't pose much of a threat) .
harpies death poison skill is dangerous, too. and i agree that they are extremely nasty, those bees.

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

Zeren
Paladin

Post by Zeren » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:37 am

Found out something...
Is that normal that Holy armor does not protect you from the physical attacks of the Gore Crawler of the Rathma square?
Check it if not believed but everything I run in that place, my holy armor seems to work more like damage reduction, I receive a bit less damage from them, but still not what that skill is supposed to do.

Baerk Konnevala
Champion of the Light

Post by Baerk Konnevala » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:14 am

Last I checked both unholy and holy armor cut 50k damage off of non-poison hits. It should make you immune to anything short of the death laser of the crystal ball and death projector or an extremely high level of hard mode charm in destruction. I have had problems in the past however with actually getting off the holy shield while under attack. If I didn't cast it clearly before I was getting hit my casting attempt was getting interrupted and the shield wouldn't actually get off. If you are casting it as you are starting to come under attack then that might be your problem.

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:19 am

Or if he's in Destruction, trying Rathma with the HMC. :P

catatonicmonkey

Post by catatonicmonkey » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:48 am

Noticed a strange bug just now while fighting in the Chaos Sanctuary.

The Lightning Thrower Cats who spawn on Diablo's summoning circle when you first enter are labeled as Lightning Immune, but my Bloodstorm was dealing no damage to them, whereas my Magic Missile did its regular damage. Is this just an odd occurrence I encountered, or have others noticed it as well?

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:07 am

i cant explain why bloodstorm didn't deal damageto them but i can explain why magic missiles did ^^ it is magic damage, not lightning damage as you might have thought.

please fix the impossibily that some items can't drop! right now it's not even possible to complete the sorc melee set! :( :( :(
Last edited by pza on Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

[/align]

Xeraan
Champion of the Light

Post by Xeraan » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:39 pm

[quote=Zeren";p="367095"]Found out something...
Is that normal that Holy armor does not protect you from the physical attacks of the Gore Crawler of the Rathma square?
Check it if not believed but everything I run in that place, my holy armor seems to work more like damage reduction, I receive a bit less damage from them, but still not what that skill is supposed to do.[/quote]
IIRC the effect shows itself more with Unholy Armor, even. Or the necro didn't have as much base defense as my paladin. Anyways, Primus' blade attack cuts through my Holy Armor, while the Gore Crawlers alone can't kill me. They do get the final blow in, usually, though, but are no danger if Primus is out of range.

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:32 pm

Doesn't Primus have a serious life drain component to his damage? Life drain is unresistable and unstoppable.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Xeraan
Champion of the Light

Post by Xeraan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:06 pm

That would explain this, I guess :) Especially why the necro topples over so quickly compared to the paladin. There were other areas like this too, might have been chameleon levels with those archers, though.

Zeren
Paladin

Post by Zeren » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:48 pm

After re-thinking it and doing the Rathma Square again (in which I got my herb) I guess you're right, seemed that my last running there, my hp droped bits by bits, so no bug after all, sorry for inconvinience.

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:47 am

Something stupid : Bloodlust has a NHD of 4 ... so spamming it with a high cast rate with protect Champs from NHD attacks like Cold Beam :) ... I know it's silly but ...

Return to “Mods By Laz”