Recruting for the Silent Raven Guild (SrG)

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

No votes

Total votes: 0

defib

Recruting for the Silent Raven Guild (SrG)

Post by defib » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:40 pm

The Silent Raven Guild

SrG is currently recruting members. If you are adverse, apocalyptic, bad, baleful, baneful, black-hearted, corrupt, deleterious, dire, disastrous, dishonest, disquieting, doomful, evil, foreboding, harmful, hurtful, ill-boding, inauspicious, injurious, lowering, malefic, malevolent, malign, malignant, menacing, mischievous, obnoxious, ominous, pernicious, perverse, poisonous, portentous, threatening, unfavorable, unfortunate, unlucky, unpropitious, and/or woeful, we welcome you.

Only 15 lucky people can join, and you better sign up quick.

Benefits include:
Free rushes
Powerleveling
Help MFing
Help in general
Someone to always play with
Uberquest runs.

-------------------------------

You must have 1~2 hours to devote to SrG and be willing to help guild-mates with the above things.
We will use Hamachi to communicate and play over TCP/IP.
We use Median 2k8 1.11b
Using PlugY is your choice. (I don't use it)

-----------------------------------

Post here to apply. Please use this form.

Name:
Primary Chars:
Time able to commit to SrG:
Experience with Median:
Experience with Diablo 2 LoD total:

---------------------------------------

Thanks for your time!

----------------------

CURRENT MEMBERS:
1. Defib
2. Catatonicmonkey
3. enkephalin07
Last edited by defib on Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

catatonicmonkey

Re: Recruting for the Silent Raven Guild (SrG)

Post by catatonicmonkey » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:43 pm

1.11 or 1.10? PlugY?

I might be interested if it's 1.11 with PlugY.

defib

Post by defib » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:48 pm

Use of PlugY is up to each person, I don't use it so I don't know how it messes with connections.

catatonicmonkey

Post by catatonicmonkey » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:50 pm

Thanks for clarifying.
defib";p="367590" wrote: Name: Brian (feel free to just call me Catatonicmonkey or Catmonkey, I'm used to it by now)
Primary Chars: Bloodrayne (my Bloodzon), level 74 early Terror at the moment
Time able to commit to SrG: 1-3 hours, generally in the evening (CDT)
Experience with Median: Since early M2k7, on and off
Experience with Diablo 2 LoD total: Since it came out
EDIT: I seem to recall PlugY doing strange things with connections and turning it off also causes some issues. I use it, as do many people here I'd guess to make offline life easier.
Last edited by catatonicmonkey on Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xMeox
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by xMeox » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:38 am

defib";p="367590" wrote: Benefits include:
Free rushes
Powerleveling
Help MFing
Help in general
Someone to always play with
Uberquest runs.
free rushes:
if you rush... where is the sense of the LC1/2 or the ACs?

powerleveling:
ok.. this is nice, but if you make baal runs or DP runs with exp potions it is very fast too

help mffinding:
-.- if you realy only help finding ok.. but this is like: "i have got all items, ill give them for free to everybody" - everybody knows nobody would ever give some athlantis rws for free

help general:
forum?

someone always to play with:
this is nice for people who have time... i havnt time to play everyday.. so at least this is senseless for me again

uberlvlruns:
with 2 characters every uberlvl gets a lot easier (any character with big AoE-Damage + Amazon (Bloodlust + LotS = about 1k more damage)
_____

sry to be such a big pessimist, but i dont think this is what median is made for..

PS: If more people will join your clan they will "help" each other and give them free items.. As allready mentioned, nobody would give a Athlantis for free. If something like this hapens, try to eliminate such "help", otherwise a few players will complain in this thread and it will get flamy again --> Clan-thread = locked
good luck with your clan,
xMeox
Last edited by xMeox on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

catatonicmonkey

Post by catatonicmonkey » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:11 pm

xMeox";p="367978" wrote:Lots of complaints
I fail to see your logic whatsoever. How is this sort of clan structure any different than the clan structures on Battle.net for cLoD? There's no formalized system built into D2, so there's no reason to suggest one of of self-organizing would be better than another.

And your logic about giving away items? Ridiculous. There are plenty of generous people out there who are willing to part with good items, especially as hand-me-downs or items their primary character has no use for. This was true on ladder and non-ladder b.net and it continues to be true in M2k8.

If you don't want to be a part of this, then simply don't. There's no reason to talk down to those of use who might find it useful.

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:16 pm

There are plenty of generous people out there who are willing to part with good items, especially as hand-me-downs or items their primary character has no use for
I'm hoping 'generous people' does not equal hackers and that 'good items' does not equal hacks. :(

catatonicmonkey

Post by catatonicmonkey » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:04 pm

DemonicAngel";p="368087" wrote:
There are plenty of generous people out there who are willing to part with good items, especially as hand-me-downs or items their primary character has no use for
I'm hoping 'generous people' does not equal hackers and that 'good items' does not equal hacks. :(
Nope, in my case that's not what I'm referring to, although that inference could be drawn I suppose. Honestly, though, there's no reason to assume people won't be generous with items they don't need. It's not like you're actually losing out on anything by giving your items to another character, other than the little bit of time it took to find it while cowing or whatever.

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:24 pm

Or the chance to use it youself with your next character. *shrug*

defib

Post by defib » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:53 pm

free rushes:
if you rush... where is the sense of the LC1/2 or the ACs?
Rushing if you need it. I agree, you should do LC1/2 and ACs but what about after that? You can get rushed through all of Hatred and still be lv 2-5. Then you're free to go back and do the LC's and Ac's. What was the point of being rushed in cB.net?
powerleveling:
ok.. this is nice, but if you make baal runs or DP runs with exp potions it is very fast too
Well it is easier when someone else does it faster. Can a level 45 kill DP? Can he/she do it fast? With Gxp pots, p8, and a higher level doing it, you could hit 120 very fast. Much faster than you could alone.
help mffinding:
-.- if you realy only help finding ok.. but this is like: "i have got all items, ill give them for free to everybody" - everybody knows nobody would ever give some athlantis rws for free
What I meant by this is help doing MF runs. And you wouldn't be helping a complete stranger, you would help a person you got to know via the clan. You aren't giving anything away, you are helping a person in need. Its a take what you need thing. If you don't trust people enough then being in a clan isn't for you.
help general:
forum?
Well it could be faster just to ask someone who is online.
someone always to play with:
this is nice for people who have time... i havnt time to play everyday.. so at least this is senseless for me again
Again, you would not find a clan useful, but others will. With 15 other people in the clan one of them might just be on.
uberlvlruns:
with 2 characters every uberlvl gets a lot easier (any character with big AoE-Damage + Amazon (Bloodlust + LotS = about 1k more damage)
Well if people need help, someone can help.
but i dont think this is what median is made for..
Was Diablo 2 made to be modded by laz? Was it anyway? Did it make a better game experience?
PS: If more people will join your clan they will "help" each other and give them free items.. As allready mentioned, nobody would give a Athlantis for free. If something like this hapens, try to eliminate such "help", otherwise a few players will complain in this thread and it will get flamy again --> Clan-thread = locked
good luck with your clan,
Who said anything about giving free items? And I believe you are complaining. If you don't want to participate. Don't just come in here and whine about it.

Oh and btw,
We don't support Hackers.

Conversation Over
Last edited by defib on Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baerk Konnevala
Champion of the Light

Post by Baerk Konnevala » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:53 am

Actually I've found Death projector even harder to do when with someone else. Also it should be noted if someone else kills the projector for you then you only get half the exp if you killed it yourself. Also it should be noted some builds have ways of dishing obscene damage on their own so they don't need someone else to beat it down for them (EG my first holy paladin).

I could take a level high 20s and beat down the projector fairly fast even with a character that low level.

enkephalin07
Champion of the Light

Post by enkephalin07 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:31 am

I see your open sessions on the Hamachi, but I'm having problems getting in them. I've loaded up without plugy, but I can't connect to the servers, not even loopback.
EAKS players often live by the phrase 'The journey is often more enjoyable than the destination.' They are motivated by meeting the challenges of the world, but they are usually in no rush--because seeing the creatures and places of the world is even more fun.

Breakdown: Achiever 60.00%, Explorer 73.33%, Killer 40.00%, Socializer 26.67%

King_Rufio

Post by King_Rufio » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:39 am

i prefer a vocal Raven. can Silent be changed??

enkephalin07
Champion of the Light

Post by enkephalin07 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:20 am

The swinging of their censures, the silence of their members,
Oh, the guild of mute assassins...

Seriously, have you ever had a raven stare you down irl? A squawking raven would just be annoying, but a silent one can be pretty unnerving.
EAKS players often live by the phrase 'The journey is often more enjoyable than the destination.' They are motivated by meeting the challenges of the world, but they are usually in no rush--because seeing the creatures and places of the world is even more fun.

Breakdown: Achiever 60.00%, Explorer 73.33%, Killer 40.00%, Socializer 26.67%

King_Rufio

Post by King_Rufio » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:19 am

what if it sang death metal. that would be pretty bad ass

Return to “Mods By Laz”