random extra modifier recipe problem

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

No votes

Total votes: 0

G

random extra modifier recipe problem

Post by G » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:42 pm

for the record, I'm using median 2008 1.54

I have a question about the random extra modifier recipe (3 glowing arcane shards + item)

does this recipe work on an item that already has the bonus it's supposed to give? for example if I have an amulet that already has +2 skills, can I use the recipe and get +3 skills? I have tried this recipe a LOT of times and never had it succeed at giving me a bonus, except when I try it on items that don't already have the particular bonus granted by the recipe. The pdf's say it has a 1/5 chance to work, I've done it probably 50+ times and not had it work at all on any items except ones that don't already have the bonus, so that's the only thing I can think of that could be messing it up. Can anyone verify this or inform me of a different reason why it isn't working?

Thanks in advance

enkephalin07
Champion of the Light

Post by enkephalin07 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:53 pm

The recipe should work the same whether or not the bonus is already on the item, so you can get +4 skills out of an amulet.
EAKS players often live by the phrase 'The journey is often more enjoyable than the destination.' They are motivated by meeting the challenges of the world, but they are usually in no rush--because seeing the creatures and places of the world is even more fun.

Breakdown: Achiever 60.00%, Explorer 73.33%, Killer 40.00%, Socializer 26.67%

G

Re: random extra modifier recipe problem

Post by G » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:52 am

It should, but something is definitely stopping it from working. I've done it waaay too many times to just be unlucky.

enkephalin07
Champion of the Light

Post by enkephalin07 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:01 am

It's totally possible to be that unlucky. I have a character who never got a single success out of that recipe, and another who got bonuses 80% of the time. That latter char did get the +skills to +skill amulets, more than once.
Last edited by enkephalin07 on Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
EAKS players often live by the phrase 'The journey is often more enjoyable than the destination.' They are motivated by meeting the challenges of the world, but they are usually in no rush--because seeing the creatures and places of the world is even more fun.

Breakdown: Achiever 60.00%, Explorer 73.33%, Killer 40.00%, Socializer 26.67%

Logger_120
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Logger_120 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:23 am

G";p="368127" wrote:I have a question about the random extra modifier recipe (3 glowing arcane shards + item)
The pdf's say it has a 1/5 chance to work, I've done it probably 50+ times and not had it work at all....Can anyone verify this or inform me of a different reason why it isn't working?

Thanks in advance
Two possibilites;

1) If it is an amulet obtained from Anya as a quest reward this recipe will not work.

2) The 1/5 chance is determined when the item drops, so if you try it once and it doesn't work, it will never work. Copying your files and trying repeatedly will just waste you time. This is Laz's special duper detection recipe. When people make posts about how they've tried and tried and tried but it doesn't work so the recipe must be broken, then he (and everyone else) will know that person has been duping items.

PS; next time try using the search function there have been plenty of posts about this; see

G

Post by G » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:19 am

Thank you for answering my question.
When people make posts about how they've tried and tried and tried but it doesn't work so the recipe must be broken, then he (and everyone else) will know that person has been duping items.
Yes, I did copy items and try it multiple times on the same one. I use UdieToo to save every unique, set, and other useful item I find. Going on cubing sprees is as fun for me as killing and doing quests, so when I feel like it I dupe a bunch of items and reagents to mess around with. I'm not really concerned about being branded as a cheater. I have legit characters that find all their own items and are un-edited, and I have characters that I edit for fun/experiments. I know how these communities can be about "legit" status, but it hasn't ruined the game for me, and needless to say it hasn't ruined the game for anyone else, so I don't see a problem with it. As for Laz finding out that I save all my items..well, I hope to god he doesn't revoke my right to play. :roll:

Anyway, thanks again for the answer.
Last edited by G on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:21 am

dont worry about it, this community already has a scapegoat

<--- :cool:

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:59 pm

Alright, it seems not just some people but everyone cheat.

In 1.58 and beyond, I'll use stats saved on the character/the items to prevent duping of cube reagents.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Logger_120
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Logger_120 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:36 pm

Brother Laz";p="368317" wrote:Alright, it seems not just some people but everyone cheat.
Not everyone. I had a teacher who taught me that every/never/always were bad words to use b/c then generally lead to incorrect statements. However, if you add almost then you are much more accurate. So your statement should be
"Alright, it seems not just some people but almost everyone cheats."

Brother Laz";p="368317" wrote:In 1.58 and beyond, I'll use stats saved on the character/the items to prevent duping of cube reagents.
Good idea.

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:55 pm

Brother Laz" wrote:In 1.58 and beyond, I'll use stats saved on the character/the items to prevent duping of cube reagents.
Ain't this one of that case? ;) It just leads to these 'bug reports' . Best bet is to remove it altogether, players don't like 20% when they know that they can set it to 100% easily.
Stay away from ballet dancers with an attitude .

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:47 am

I just noticed that the original poster is using 1.54. Any reason for that?
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:47 am

obviously for the robe of steel you MASSIVELY nerfed <.<

Return to “Mods By Laz”