I absolutely love "Power Item: Overdrive"

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

ThresholdRPG
Paladin

I absolutely love "Power Item: Overdrive"

Post by ThresholdRPG » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:01 am

I noticed this mod did not have its own forum but since jbouley talked about this mod in a thread here I figured it was ok to praise his mod in this forum.

I absolutely love Power Item: Overdrive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have always been a huge fan of what I call EGP mods (Enhanced Gameplay Mods). My first mod release was called EGP (for 1.08) and it only did simple stuff: improved drops, big stash/inventory/cube, larger stacks for arrows/bolts/keys/tomes, capped zeal at 5 swings (before Blizzard did), and a few other such tweaks.

Thus it is easy to understand why I am such a huge fan of Power Item: Overdrive.

I was wondering if there were any plans to add any other features to this mod at any point in the future.

For example:

1) If someone figures out how to enable the Uber Diablo event (via a cube recipe or some other method) would you be interested in adding it?

2) If Scrute figures out how to let people change the color of any item via a cube recipe, would you be interested in adding it?

3) Any other ideas?

I know part of the charm of an EGP mod like Power Item: Overdrive is that gameplay is very similar to normal D2 and therefore one has to be careful with adding features. That is why the ones I mentioned above are relatively generic.

Anyway, thank you TONS jbouley for making this mod. It has made my return to playing D2:LoD an absolute JOY.
Last edited by ThresholdRPG on Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Aristotle @ Threshold RPG

Threshold RPG - Our World, Your Imagination

http://www.thresholdrpg.com

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Re: I absolutely love "Power Item: Overdrive"

Post by jbouley » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:33 am

Glad you like the mod. :mrgreen:

Talking about it in this forum is fine. One of the reasons I renamed my forum from Sanctuary in Chaos to Sanctum Arcanum is so that people would be able to talk about all my mods here. Theoretically, the Rise of the Old Gods mod will be discussed here in detail someday...if I ever find time to start it. :roll:

Anyway, I don't have any specific plans to update the mod. But then again, I never expected to make a new version for patch 1.10 and add new features to it when I did so. So, it's possible I might make a new version someday. Some of the things you mention would certainly be possibilities.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

ThresholdRPG
Paladin

Re: I absolutely love "Power Item: Overdrive"

Post by ThresholdRPG » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:45 am

I'm glad I was posting in the right place. :)

I've been having so much fun I'm going to dive back into modding again. It has been a long time since my crowning achievement of releasing the first mod to enable 800x600 resolution for original D2 before LoD was out. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things. :)

Thanks again for this incredibly fun mod! :)
Last edited by ThresholdRPG on Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Aristotle @ Threshold RPG

Threshold RPG - Our World, Your Imagination

http://www.thresholdrpg.com

Return to “Arcanum Archives”