Problem launching BFE mod

Information and updates for the "Battle for Elements" mod by TrueMage. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: TrueMage

No votes

Total votes: 0

jjang

Problem launching BFE mod

Post by jjang » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:06 pm

Hello, everyone. I have read all topics about this mods errors and issues, and so on, so I think that no one else had the same problem :)

Installed Diablo II into I:\Diablo II
then Diablo II LoD
then patched to LoD 1.10
installed BFE 1.50 into I:\Diablo II\BFE
then upgraded to BFE 1.51

The problem is that when I run BFE.exe and choose any of "easy", "standard" or "hard" I get and error: "Invalid game path, it may be not Diablo II."
Then, trying to change that path, I go to "CONFIG" and press "CHANGE PATH" and nothing happens...

I have alternate .exe, so I have tryed to change roots in registry to that .exe (not "Diablo II.exe" as set by default in registry editor) and nothing changes. Tried changing to other .exe files too.

Waiting for any responses as soon as possible (I'd really like to try this mod out) :)
And, by the way, Merry Christmas! :)

Auron

Re: Problem launching BFE mod

Post by Auron » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:48 pm

so I think that no one else had the same problem
Wrong :twisted:

"config path" button doesn't seem to do anything but this pb can be solved by editing the "launcher.ini" file created in the BFE folder : just put your "game.exe" path into the gamepath section of the ini file, so for you it should be :
gamepath=I:\Diablo II\Game.exe

Merry Christmas. :)

jjang

Post by jjang » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:27 pm

OMG, I knew, that I tried that, so haven't looked into that .ini anymore. It looks like I did small mistyping into that file, that caused the error :)) Now, the game just launched!

Problem solved :)

Auron, thanks a lot! ;)

FIGURE-

Post by FIGURE- » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:38 pm

I have an error that shows whenever I make a character. : (

TrueMage
Hosted Forum Moderator
Principality
Russia

Post by TrueMage » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:51 am

I don't see any error posted here. :) But it is deinetely wrong mod installation.

Return to “Battle for Elements”