Ask the Experts

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: Ask the Experts

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:16 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:Edit: and also which runewords from cLOD have been implemented in ES??? cant seem to find the list anywhere...
http://homepage3.nifty.com/miyoshino/es/es3runew_n.htm
All LoD runewords including ladder/unactivated ones are also implemented.
(LoD runes don't drop in ES and must be made from Ancient Decals and ES runes.)
LoD Runewords (the Arreat Summit)

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:57 pm

Also, any runeword made with decaled runes are in uppercase, i.e.:
STEEL
"TirEl"

Some of these runewords may have some modification because either the skill on the runeword is changed, or doesn't exist.

One of such, is DELIRIUM (LemIstIo) helm, where Lv.50 Delirium is changed into Lv.50 Holy. Exactly what "Holy" does is beyond me, I haven't tested it yet. (And yet, there's better runewords)

edit: big whoopsie, LemKoTir is body armor WEALTH.
Last edited by thepsycho2 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:13 am

Wow...i just seen like 2 LOD runewords i thought thats it...was wondering how you guys get all the others...musta missed that "All runewords"...nevermind...Im gonna test that runeword...maybe its funny...

edit: and DELIRIUM is Lem Ist Io!!!

EDIT 2: Tested it with my Concentrate Barb and it works the same as in LOD...you turn to Bone Fetish thingy...looks funny...

Also anybody got any suggestions as to my end game gear with him???I've got a bunch of stuff and i dont really know what to put on him...currently powning nightmare in Kains set with upgraded sword to exc...1-hit killing everything...level 62 currently have about 30 stat points unnasigned and 4 skill points unnasigned... Thought about putting enought in BC to net me +4 to all...Maxed Concentrate and Berserk...Also there are no good Conc Barbs on the ES Wiki...so i've got a couple of ideas for him...but would like to hear your opinion... Thanks in advance...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:54 am

I haven't done a conc barb since.. vanilla, when conc was better than bash. In ES, it appears bash is better than conc in damage, but strategy-wise conc is still up there.

I suppose if you play him well enough he could be a viable alternative to bash.

Also, thanks for testing -- I'm afraid of wearing delirium now :D
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:00 pm

why you afraid man...you can still use your skills when morphed??? you just look differently...

also did anybody notice that when you as a paladin wear Griffiths set and when you morph into a Green Knight you get a free Redemption aura???
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:25 pm

You have to be a Paladin to wear the full Griffith's set (set amulet is paladin only). As far as redemption aura? Full Kain's uses it, but I didn't notice it with Griffith's (maybe because I didn't morph with it).

You lose the ability to use most casting skills when you're morphed, I believe.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:14 pm

naturraly i used it with a pally...it is also in my previous post stated-as a PALADIN WEAR-and my FOTH pally is currently wearing it and he can cast everything i need even when morphed...do you actualy read what others write here or do you just glean over it???

Also i overlooked that Redemption aura comes with full set but i didnt notice it before morphing...
Last edited by Lucifer666 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:35 pm

I was referring to Delirium morph, not the morph ability of Druid or others. Though my mind probably is reeling back to when it was still regular D2 Expansion. Read as: I didn't fully test it in ES, so of course you have other things that work with morph now.

Could you calm down, please.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:04 pm

I aint upset...it just aint right on your side to simply skip half my post man...

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:31 pm

I'm looking at melding opportunities. Unfortunately, for solid DR, it seems obsidians are the way to go. But IMO, if you are a tweakist, they're better for gloves..

I'm looking at Spirit of Life (Ethereal Crown) for helm of choice since it has the +3 Oak Sage and big life bonuses, also two sockets and +1 all skills for my Iaigiri assassin. I have a couple Jindujun jewels, and I just managed to make a Lady Eboshi's Greed jewel (that makes two now). I have a Ni-forged LoD String of Ears (the total DR% on it now is 20), though I am thinking of changing off of it since my Shade Armor might be good enough. What belt should I use though?

As for boots, I have my eyes on the Heel of Blood I made from an elite stone. This will take me off of the Malice runeword charm. I am wondering what would be better for the charm?

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:33 pm

For charm i use KoKoRo...as for the Life Tap proc you wont be needing it if you have Amp... You should have at least 30% Life Leach in Hell and when the mobs are amped with the damage you will be doing you dont need anything else... if you can convert one suffocation to boots...

Edit: and for the ressurecting mobs use Dragon Flight to take out the Shamans first...and healers...you can reposition yourself quite easily that way...

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:44 pm

I'm not using life tap proc. As for suffocation gloves conversion I might use it for belt. AFAIK the valuable stats on heel of blood are the life leech and RIP mod (I don't have AS38 yet on this new setup). Then again, is it really necessary now? I'm working on using DF and that's a good way to take out the healers/revivers. So I might go ahead and use suffocation gloves as boots. The question remains though, what would I use for belt? Currently I'm using Timeloop (+5% experience gained and a lot of speed adjust mods, along with HST which might not be necessary once I use suffocation).

Now I see why Spirit vet's charm is a good idea, not just for resists, but the +1 all skills and 9% F/C/L absorb helps.

Spirit of Life (Ethereal Crown) has +1 all skills/+3 oak sage, and various boosts to life. Two sockets are also included.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:56 pm

Sorry i mixed the helms...

Edit: what about Battlecharge???

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:28 pm

Battlecharge actually seems like a good idea. The big one is whether or not I can find it in my stash.. otherwise I have to gamble it.

Dzonny
Paladin

Post by Dzonny » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi all,

I would like to ask something about Summoning necro.

Currently i am lvl 59 ,got pretty good gear for nightmare act 3(got about +23 to all skills) and it seem to be pretty strong while playing on /p5 . I maxed Raise skeleton,maxed vampires ,1 point into all skills in summoning tree,now im going to max Skeleton mastery. But skeleton damage seem to be preety low (1250) becouse i have 51 points in Raise skeleton. My question is what would i do in hell? Should my skellies die so fast and how to increase their damage?

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:25 pm

What merc do you use??? I would reccomend Might merc(Nightmare Combat) with concentration and annihilation on equip on him since he will sinergize those auras...also get protection from cold aura so that your army can't be frozen...

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:30 pm

I agree. Act 2 Nightmare, Combat merc for might aura. Also, if you don't have anything else to do with your stat points, you should put them in energy, since (via damage augmenter) it will boost summon melee damage. Don't forget to re-equip the augmenter.

Dzonny
Paladin

Post by Dzonny » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:23 pm

I took Combat one,but where should i get item with anihilation?

Also,i maxed Raise skeleton,Vampire and Skeleton mastery. What is next?

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:52 pm

First: Atlastrust (Chest Guard) is an armor that has Annihilation on equip. But seeing it is a piece of elite gear, it is difficult to get.

Second: Revive will boost your skeleton's base damage and should be your next focus. Actually this one is invalid
Last edited by thepsycho2 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:39 pm

You should also put some points in Bone Armor for the Damage Reduction and because it is a lifesaver in some situations...Dragons Breath weapon is elite and have level 6-8 Concentration also Atlastrust as Psycho pointed out...and merc convert all those pieces when you have the chance...and you could use Planets Veneration or Achilles set with those gear pieces...

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:21 pm

You have a valid point. Extra points in bone armor, if you feel you are sufficient enough with what else you have, does give +1% DR per base point. It also raises your defense while it is still active. But the best point is that it will absorb physical damage for you.

If anything, you can look at that too, but if you are careful enough, just add a few points for the DR%.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:47 am

Depends on your build really...if you want a detailed advice then post your hard points stats and skills and how do you play him??? Are skellis your main weapon or vampires??? What is your equip??? How many + skills do you have??? Do you have any unique charms???

I bite down hard

Dzonny
Paladin

Post by Dzonny » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:15 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:Depends on your build really...if you want a detailed advice then post your hard points stats and skills and how do you play him??? Are skellis your main weapon or vampires??? What is your equip??? How many + skills do you have??? Do you have any unique charms???
I put some points in Bone armor.

It is lvl 77,

Sats(without gear):

Str:44
Dex:31
Vita:161
Ene:244

Skellies and vampires are MAIN weapon,I have +26 to all skills ,yes i have 3 unique charms (Deviat Cell odd charm,Lothar's Will Grand Charm,The Perfect Cell small charm.

I raise 14 mele skelies,13 vampires,10 revives ,my tactic isnt so special,just teleport to boss,cast amplify damage ,go behind boss and wait till my army finishes. Now melee skellies got about 1500-1700 dmg each.

What do u think could i kill Uber dia with those stats?

Dzonny
Paladin

Post by Dzonny » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:44 pm

I have just killed uber dia with my ele druid. I was SURPRISED becouse he didnt drop me anything except some blue items O.o wtf?!

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:57 pm

Dzonny" wrote:
Lucifer666" wrote:Depends on your build really...if you want a detailed advice then post your hard points stats and skills and how do you play him??? Are skellis your main weapon or vampires??? What is your equip??? How many + skills do you have??? Do you have any unique charms???
I put some points in Bone armor.

It is lvl 77,

Sats(without gear):

Str:44
Dex:31
Vita:161
Ene:244

Skellies and vampires are MAIN weapon,I have +26 to all skills ,yes i have 3 unique charms (Deviat Cell odd charm,Lothar's Will Grand Charm,The Perfect Cell small charm.

I raise 14 mele skelies,13 vampires,10 revives ,my tactic isnt so special,just teleport to boss,cast amplify damage ,go behind boss and wait till my army finishes. Now melee skellies got about 1500-1700 dmg each.

What do u think could i kill Uber dia with those stats?
You went the Energy route. 1.5k-1.7k? That's actually pretty nice. Given you can play the cards right (and you have at least 1 point in summon resist) you should have no problem with Uber D.
Dzonny" wrote:I have just killed uber dia with my ele druid. I was SURPRISED becouse he didnt drop me anything except some blue items O.o wtf?!
Uber Diablo, if I remember correctly, has a 1 in 10 chance of dropping a unique charm; 3 in 10 rare, else magic. He will also drop other things like a normal boss, but he will always drop at least 1 charm.

Return to “Eastern Sun”