Ask the Experts

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: Ask the Experts

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:13 pm

Moras da ih stavis u Crystal Can pa da izvadis unapredjeni oblik sa Can Opener-om(namesten na Flawed ili Normal)...

Edit:Psycho,your skill plan is actually better than mine...I put too much points in Werewolf Form hoping that all that skill IAS works for Fury,now I'm gonna go respec him,I don't like doing that,but since all those points are wasted,I will do that...

Edit 2: I just gave my DualGluttony a Thief helm,man his kill speed tripled just because of the Burst of Speed proc,it was really insane... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

undead_shadow
Paladin

Post by undead_shadow » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:29 am

Lucifer666" wrote: Edit: Undead Shadow did you make any kanji rune???I've been playing for 2+ years and the most crystals of one type that i have i around 50-55,so no kanji runes for me for a long time... :D :D :D

But seriously who need's those anyway,only some special build are dependant on them cuz of insane mods they give,normal chars can pown the entire game on p/8 if played carefully...with some of the elite stuff of course...
Sort of, I mean I could get them easily I think, when I first started with my mate I gave him any ores I got in return for d stones... So I think he was close to getting some (and I started stocking up when he stopped).

If I asked for his collection (since he doesn't play anymore) then I'd probs be a hell of alot closer.

I'm thinking of making a druid summoner, I guessing theyre viable end game hell/domain because with 48 points into summon elemental (just from charms/rings etc on my druid) I have an elemental doing 14k damage, with buffs/curses and auras and actual investment those things must be amazing.

Which wolves should I aim for? The normal ones or the dire ones?

Also with the sages when using a summoner is it more benificial to have oak sage (+ life for all summons) or wolverine (+AR and DMG)?

I'll test it better once I actually play as one I'd just been semi hooked on the idea for now...
Open up the sweetness

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:48 am

Well,I have a Druid Summoner,with Cold Rogue with FOX,and I'm Still thinking should I take the Cold Sorcerer for PFC and stack auras on him but I love Rogues...I went with Dire Wolfes,they eat corpses to increase their dmg and that is really usefull,you'll have less wolves but better,since their dmg is better and life,but either way you'll end up maxing both since they sinergize each other and Elemental so you can have 2,practically all your points will be in the summoning tab,Creepers 0,mine is going with Heart of Wolwerine,they are very Hell viable cuz you will never be in danger...and like you said,just support them with curses and auras and they will tear anything apart... :D

Edit: Also you will want a source of Teleport so you can concentrate on targets...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Dzonny
Paladin

Post by Dzonny » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:Well,I have a Druid Summoner,with Cold Rogue with FOX,and I'm Still thinking should I take the Cold Sorcerer for PFC and stack auras on him but I love Rogues...I went with Dire Wolfes,they eat corpses to increase their dmg and that is really usefull,you'll have less wolves but better,since their dmg is better and life,but either way you'll end up maxing both since they sinergize each other and Elemental so you can have 2,practically all your points will be in the summoning tab,Creepers 0,mine is going with Heart of Wolwerine,they are very Hell viable cuz you will never be in danger...and like you said,just support them with curses and auras and they will tear anything apart... :D

Edit: Also you will want a source of Teleport so you can concentrate on targets...

Summoner druidi su se ispostavili kao LOS izbor za mene..imam +42 to all skills,a vukovi i elementali ocajan damage prave,ginu jako brzo,a svi skillovi su mi u summoner tab-u ..dire wolf mi pravi oko 7k dmg cini mi se i sa + hearth of wolverine..

My expirience with summoner druids were terrible,i had +42 to all skills,my elemental was doing 16,5 k dmg and it was STILL too weak for end hell..

Edit: ODUVEK sam voleo summoning druide,ali nazalost zbog nemogucnosti da napravim jakog lika sa njim,posto je prilicno item-dependant odustao sam od njega..

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:24 pm

First of all,Summoners ware never fast killers,and they never will be...They are safe builds,that means that thanks to your summons YOU will never get hit...
Now your summons don't require corpses such as necro summons and that is an enormous advantage,so what if some of them die,you can resummon them for what,1 second and less???

And for them to be effective,yes you need a truckload of +skills,but you also need a bunch of auras(on equip preferably and one for your RMB),you should also go with a Desert Merc who has a native aura and therefore synergizes other auras you put on him,or a Sorcerer(for the same reason),without at leas 5-6 auras wolves will have only enough dmg for p/1 Hell and no more... :D

I bite down hard

Dzonny
Paladin

Post by Dzonny » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:29 am

Lucifer666" wrote:First of all,Summoners ware never fast killers,and they never will be...They are safe builds,that means that thanks to your summons YOU will never get hit...
Now your summons don't require corpses such as necro summons and that is an enormous advantage,so what if some of them die,you can resummon them for what,1 second and less???

And for them to be effective,yes you need a truckload of +skills,but you also need a bunch of auras(on equip preferably and one for your RMB),you should also go with a Desert Merc who has a native aura and therefore synergizes other auras you put on him,or a Sorcerer(for the same reason),without at leas 5-6 auras wolves will have only enough dmg for p/1 Hell and no more... :D

oh ye,u right :/ could u tell what items should summ druid and its merc(act 3 one) have? :)

Edit: U pravu si bio lucifer,ovo sam uradio sa druidom:

Respec sam se u summoning(max obicne vukove,dire,elemental i raven,zatim 5 poena u cow baloon,1 poen u elemental form zbog lifea,1 u shapenshifting mastery ,ostalo u Hearth of Wolverine) . Trenutno +44 to all skills.

uzeo sam act 3 merca,napravio mu Grand Leon RW(+8 to anihilation when equiped + ring mu dao sa + 11 to anihilation!) , zatim Ethernal Reingh armor(lvl 12 aura of divinity when equiped) ,dread shield (24 lvl thorns aura when equiped ),elemental jewel ring,Summer rw cizme,dream rukavice ,mist belt i Learned one helm. mogu reci da ODLICAN damage prave sa ovim aurama,mada mislim da mi jos nedostaje might kao RMB i amplify dmg,to bi bilo kompletno i jos sa creeping doomom stunujem sto omogucava mojim summonima da ne ginu cesto. Nadjoh i +3 to battle orders ring,nije lose za pocetak :).
Pozz,i daj neke sugestije sta dalje da radim! :)

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:13 am

+ Annihilation does nothing for your merc...

Mine Druid Summoner(still not finished but when finished will look like this):
Helm - Arthur's Crown (Cleansing when equipped)
Torso : Insight (self-explanatory)
Weapon: Grand Leon (Annihilation)
Ammy: Annihilation forged
Gloves + Boots + Belt: Oskill Might gloves converted for all three pieces and your RMB...Ring's with Might if possible,one with Teleport...Teleport is a must for positioning and concentrating your army on a area...
Merc equipment(for your sorceror(I'm going with Fanaticism merc)):
Helm: Animal Friend or Discontent(His Protection from /element/ sinergyzes Defiance)
Torso : Eternal Reign(better on him)
Weapon : Rage (Fanaticism)
Shield: Dread is a nice choice(better on yourself and you could give him a shield that raises Defiance when equipped more)
Gloves: Greiz's Legion(PFF)
Boots: Hermes Gift(Vigor aura)
Ammy: Defiance forged
Belt: Either Greiz's Legion converted for more Fire absorb-s and DR% or Hermes Gift for more speed and life...
Now,I'm counting 9 auras on this setup and it's really hard to get any better than this,Annihilation gives your summons Crushing Blow,I suppose you'r going with Cold Sorceror so he is giving them Cold Absorb,CBF and DR%,Defiance raises their defence,PFF gives some Fire Absorb and DR%,Vigor gives them speed and life,Fanaticism gives them IAS and more DMG,Aura of divinity serves only you and your merc,Meditation serves you so you can spam CD and resummon easily,also your merc will get a little of FCR,Cleansing reduces Curse duration and Poison duration,Thorns gives some dmg returned to attacker and Open Wounds to your army,Might gives them dmg...Slots i didn't wrote anything about are free choice...

With this kind of setup,you could really kick some butt in Hell... :lol:

Anybody got any better suggestion???

Edit: Weapon in your switch-Raka's Folly for Amplify Damage,forgot about it when i was thinking about auras...

Edit 2: Wow man,just found 2 Su runes in the Durance of Hate level 1,unbeliavable... 8-O 8-O 8-O

I bite down hard

Dzonny
Paladin

Post by Dzonny » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:14 am

Lucifer666" wrote:+ Annihilation does nothing for your merc...

Mine Druid Summoner(still not finished but when finished will look like this):
Helm - Arthur's Crown (Cleansing when equipped)
Torso : Insight (self-explanatory)
Weapon: Grand Leon (Annihilation)
Ammy: Annihilation forged
Gloves + Boots + Belt: Oskill Might gloves converted for all three pieces and your RMB...Ring's with Might if possible,one with Teleport...Teleport is a must for positioning and concentrating your army on a area...
Merc equipment(for your sorceror(I'm going with Fanaticism merc)):
Helm: Animal Friend or Discontent(His Protection from /element/ sinergyzes Defiance)
Torso : Eternal Reign(better on him)
Weapon : Rage (Fanaticism)
Shield: Dread is a nice choice(better on yourself and you could give him a shield that raises Defiance when equipped more)
Gloves: Greiz's Legion(PFF)
Boots: Hermes Gift(Vigor aura)
Ammy: Defiance forged
Belt: Either Greiz's Legion converted for more Fire absorb-s and DR% or Hermes Gift for more speed and life...
Now,I'm counting 9 auras on this setup and it's really hard to get any better than this,Annihilation gives your summons Crushing Blow,I suppose you'r going with Cold Sorceror so he is giving them Cold Absorb,CBF and DR%,Defiance raises their defence,PFF gives some Fire Absorb and DR%,Vigor gives them speed and life,Fanaticism gives them IAS and more DMG,Aura of divinity serves only you and your merc,Meditation serves you so you can spam CD and resummon easily,also your merc will get a little of FCR,Cleansing reduces Curse duration and Poison duration,Thorns gives some dmg returned to attacker and Open Wounds to your army,Might gives them dmg...Slots i didn't wrote anything about are free choice...

With this kind of setup,you could really kick some butt in Hell... :lol:

Anybody got any better suggestion???

Edit: Weapon in your switch-Raka's Folly for Amplify Damage,forgot about it when i was thinking about auras...

Edit 2: Wow man,just found 2 Su runes in the Durance of Hate level 1,unbeliavable... 8-O 8-O 8-O

Hm i will try in future to make items like u said here. 2 Su runes?? :D grats man .

What would u recommend for Bow amazon(elemental one)?

DarkIceX

Post by DarkIceX » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi

I wanted the Lixo's gothic bow from the set. Do I need to wait to chit in act 5 in NM or can I gamble somehow from Gheed in act 1 NM?

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:07 pm

DarkIceX" wrote:Hi

I wanted the Lixo's gothic bow from the set. Do I need to wait to chit in act 5 in NM or can I gamble somehow from Gheed in act 1 NM?
As long as your level is high enough, yes. Gambling is entirely level dependent.

DarkIceX

Post by DarkIceX » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:54 pm

Do you ppl normally play ES with D2 1.12a or another version?

I want to try if it works with a lower version but I want it to work everything right for example the mercs can equip every slot.. If I play with v1.10 mercs only equip weapon helm and armor..

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:13 pm

DarkIceX" wrote:Do you ppl normally play ES with D2 1.12a or another version?
Most people play 'regular' Eastern Sun, which runs on Diablo II v1.10 from the installer at the ES Database.
DarkIceX" wrote:I want to try if it works with a lower version but I want it to work everything right for example the mercs can equip every slot.. If I play with v1.10 mercs only equip weapon helm and armor..
I think there is something wrong with your set up. You've had problems with PlugY in both 'regular' v1.10 and the v1.12 versions of Eastern Sun.
v1.10 Eastern Sun can actually equip MORE items due to a bug. For example shields are equippable on Act2 Desert Mercs in v1.10, but not v1.12.

I'm not sure if this will help or not, or if you feel like downloading the game, but you should register your game on Battle.net and downloading the installers and use those.
They come at v1.12, so you don't need to patch them to play with the ES v1.12 mod, and the v1.10 version of ES has a launcher that reverts your files to v1.10 automatically.

drolnomed
Paladin

Post by drolnomed » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:21 pm

what item of noir set is noirs stride?
and wat act/item i need to gamle to get it.

also if i have chance to cast FO on stiking and have items 16 to FO,it adds to the level of FO i cast from ctc?
could be fun nm build.

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:35 pm

gamble crystal boots. noir's stride is dimensional boots, so you have to chit "crystal boots" in nightmare.
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

drolnomed
Paladin

Post by drolnomed » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:28 pm

thepsycho2" wrote:gamble crystal boots. noir's stride is dimensional boots, so you have to chit "crystal boots" in nightmare.
thanks

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:21 am

Also "On Striking Mods(Frozen Orb or ANY other)" CANT be raised with +skill(All or FO or ANY other) only the percentage of casting CAN be raised by stacking items that have the SAME "chance to cast on striking" Mod...

I bite down hard

drolnomed
Paladin

Post by drolnomed » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:44 am

ty
need buld/gear for nm auradin.
curious if these work here,got about 50maples to spend on him aswell

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:36 am

What kind of Auradin??? Fire-ranged or melle,Cold-ranged or melle,Lightning-melle...or Protection from Evil with Fist of the Heavens...

I bite down hard

drolnomed
Paladin

Post by drolnomed » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:33 pm

theres only one type of auradin the rest are called something else o.o

use auras to kill not melee/ranged thats something else,zealot with aura support etc

but im thinking about ligtning aura,probably the most damage.

miss lod days of double dream :cry:

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:14 pm

Auradins of every kind are viable in ES,you dont need double Dreams here man...

I bite down hard

DarkIceX

Post by DarkIceX » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:59 am

Stabby_McTwist" wrote:I'm not sure if this will help or not, or if you feel like downloading the game, but you should register your game on Battle.net and downloading the installers and use those.
They come at v1.12, so you don't need to patch them to play with the ES v1.12 mod, and the v1.10 version of ES has a launcher that reverts your files to v1.10 automatically.
Ok somehow now seems to work download the game from Battle.net! But when I play via Hamachi with my girl if I save and quit, the game drops and "conection interrupted" bah, anyway..

I was reading some more, characters builds and Hall of Fame and I have a question!

Is the strafezon the "best" goldfind char?! A char that can have very high if not the best high goldfind, do high dmg and stay safe?!

I ask this cause the builds are not so much updated some are 2006 only the Hall_Ama seems the most recent...

Thanks again for advices!

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:40 am

Well,Strafezon is considered best cuz the only important piece of gear on her is the bow/crossbow,but any char can be a good goldfinder with enough effort,did you check that Necro on the Hall of Fame,Omen i think,with the possibilities of Dstoning and Forging any char will be good... :D

I bite down hard

purdypog

Post by purdypog » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:16 pm

Regarding a gf character, I think you should back off a bit on the gold find from the max expecially if you are not super rich and willing to spend resources on the character. Because, especially if you are fairly new you want a character who can farm everything. Now, if this is an end game character for a player who has a "mature" stash then you could probably go close to all out gold finding - but I have tinkered around a lot with various gold finders and find them lacking in power and thus not too much fun to play when you are used to uberific characters.

To answer your question about good gf characters I eventually went with a strafer with about 2k gf as the sweet spot between gf and power after having 4k gf and not being happy with performance. I also tried a golemancer and a druid summoner gf character also because I figured it would be easier to pick up the stuff if the "pets" were doing the killing. At the end of the day I found that you still need to cast amp and resummon so you cant spend all your time picking up junk. Also, even with a high skilled (+skill) summoner it is a slow killer compared to a strafer.

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:08 pm

DarkIceX" wrote:
Stabby_McTwist" wrote:I'm not sure if this will help or not, or if you feel like downloading the game, but you should register your game on Battle.net and downloading the installers and use those.
Ok somehow now seems to work download the game from Battle.net! But when I play via Hamachi with my girl if I save and quit, the game drops and "conection interrupted" bah, anyway..

I was reading some more, characters builds and Hall of Fame and I have a question!
Yeah, it's a known issue and due to PlugY needing to save more data than the game realizes. Check the Multiplayer HQ thread for some tips/advice.
Also, if you are still using the 1.12mod, there's a setting to change in one of the .INI files that appears to help.

drolnomed
Paladin

Post by drolnomed » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:45 pm

how does socketing forged/dstones items go,my lvl req goes up by the lvl reg of jwl i socket

lvl 80 lvl ring with penalty,socket a lvl 40 jwl,goes to lvl 120 item

Return to “Eastern Sun”