Ancient Scroll 39, auras, and act 2 mercs.

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

Storm271368

Ancient Scroll 39, auras, and act 2 mercs.

Post by Storm271368 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:13 am

I've been playing Eastern Sun on D2SE for about a week now, and I'm trying to get ancient scroll 39. I rerolled scrolls above 27 and I've only been seeing 25, 27, 30, 31, 32, 34, and 40. Whats my chance of even rerolling them to get an ancient scroll #39? Also, I'd like to know where I can get one (Is it hell cows? <-- The Secret Cow Level, not the ghosts).

For aura stones, theres some certain rings (or amulets) that I need, and I've been using Ancient Scroll 6 a lot, but I've been only getting bad unique rings. Whats my chances of even getting those rings (I'm aiming for Plague's arrowhead.. or something like that, and the ring/amulet that makes an aura stone with thorns)?
Is there an easier way to get these unique items, or a faster way but more expensive?

As for auras, once I get Annihilation aura on my merc, does the + Skills affect the aura? I know it affects the merc's original aura, but If it does, I'm going to try and get annihilation to a higher lvl too.

Act 2 mercenaries are what I'm going to get since I'm a summmoning necro, and I want to know what are the auras in norm/nm. I only know that one of them has might aura... I don't know the others.

P.S. I'm playing single player.
Thanks for helping!
Edit: Can you track topics for Phrozen Keep?

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: Ancient Scroll 39, auras, and act 2 mercs.

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:45 am

You would do better to turn all those extra scrolls into Dstones...That scroll will eventually drop on you,either in some of the special areas or the Worldstone Keep...What Level is your Char???

The cheapest way to get the highest class amulets is AS 6...Gambling is expensive but can show results...The one with Thorns is The Cursed Donut Necro Amulet...

+Skills does NOT raise the slvl of Aura on Equip,but the SAME Aura on the SAME Char STACKS,exept for the Holy Fire,Freeze,Lightning...those 3 are the only Auras on Equip that do NOT Stack...

Here is the link with the Merc details...

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Hirelings

I don't know about tracking topics.but you can set to recieve a Message when somebody answers a topic...

And Finally Welcome...you will find out that a Summoning Necro is a nice one,but don't go over p/3 in Hell setting till you get Uber Gear...

Also check out the Skills and Char Builds Thread,IronWarfare has laid out some nice Necro Summon Gear on the last page,you have a Uber Equipped Necro in the Link on my Signature,and also the Hall of Glory on the Wiki from the link I gave you for Hirelings...

Good Luck... :cool:
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Storm271368

Post by Storm271368 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:13 am

Thanks a lot for the info :D
My Necromancer is Lvl 51 at the moment :mrgreen:
Would Scroll 39 drop in nm worldstone? And what do you mean by AS 6?
I'm a little confused with the merc auras, does one of them have conviction?
I checked ur sig and I read that I should have as much auras as possible (or something like that) but how do I get that many auras that you listed?
That'd be so cool if I can get all those :P
Thanks again!!! :lol:

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:03 am

well,farming Hell is how you get the best Gear...I mean,good gear drops in Nightmare,even some elite gear can drop in Nightmare,but the best gear will drop only in Hell...AS 6 is Ancient Scroll 6...on the link with the Merc details I provided earlier you will find everything about all mercs if you scroll a little down...What is the focus of your build??? are Skeletons your main kill skill,Golems,Vampires???Since Auras that you need will vary according to your summon...on the link in my sig is also a list of my chars and the gear they use...

http://homepage3.nifty.com/miyoshino/es/es3uarmo_n.htm

Here is the link of ES Database...you will find everything here...

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/it ... -110.shtml

Here is the LoD related link for ES...You will end up checking those pages a lot...I don't know if AS 39 drops in Nightmare or in Hell,but anyway your lvl is too low to enter Hell,you are most probably at the begining of Nightmare on that lvl...once you are around 70-75 you will want to enter Hell...
About auras,you will want at least 3 on Equip auras for the Merc and at least 4 for yourself and for your RMB one...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

Storm271368

Post by Storm271368 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:35 pm

My necro build is to summoner skeletons and vampires mainly. I put 1 to all the golem stuff (1 skill all skills in the summoning tab except for hydras).
Will it be better to make runewords or to get unique items forged (+skill forges)?
Also, when I got a thorns merc, it didn't give any extra life points. Doesn't thorns aura give Max Life % in ES? If the aura is like in LoD, I might not get it :P

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:52 pm

You're confusing thorns with Vigor. :)
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:05 am

Also you will want to focus either in Skeletons and Golems or Vampires and Fire Golem and Hydra since they need different auras and curses...

I bite down hard

Return to “Eastern Sun”