Gold find fire sorceress

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

baras9

Gold find fire sorceress

Post by baras9 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:30 pm

Hello again. I got tired of going treasure hunting with melee char, so i decided to build gold find and chance to find magic items sorceress. Well i have checked briefly the list of items with magic and gold find and decided that best extra gold stats are on runewords and i have quite a few green and orange runes which i got from hunting whit my pali.
So my question is:
1. what to do o make my sorceress do decent damage and still have enough stats on gold find and magic find?
2. Is these runewords are acceptable:
a) Gloves/belt/armor: "wealth",
b) helm: "Princess"?
3. Is there any other runewords or items i could add?

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: Gold find fire sorceress

Post by Lucifer666 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:00 pm

Double Swing Barb is able to have the most GF without Mapling it...there are a lot of GF Builds on Hall of Glory...but better stuff is Goldark for minor slots,two open Sockets,can be Forged...Thief Helm Runeword is king for GF...there is a bunch of stuff that can be used,it all depends on your other items since with Sorc you will want to have high Skill Levels too,or are you doing the Farming in Nightmare???I usually farm Hell,it pays off the most...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

baras9

Post by baras9 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:13 pm

currently i am in nightmare lv 62 act 4. but my equipment is biased more on fire dmg than on gold find. when i started playing with sorceress i saw that the game play whit massive skills is a bit different than playing the melee. although u are more vulnerable u can kill faster and simpler. So i thought that if possible i could kill fast and take the most optimum treasure find whit that build. but thats isnt possible with sorc, cause she needs a lot to all skill+. well i dont know how to improve that build maybe try to reroll charms to boost my gold find and keep the curent equipment.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:37 pm

This is how I would do it...Considering it's a Fire Sorc...what kind???Immo???or something else???What Merc you use???Where do you plan on Farming???It would be best for us to know these things so that we can see what king of gear would suit you most...

Weapon Gluttony Runeword in whatever suits you...Dstone Fire% Increase
Shield Elzizx's Treasure Elite Unique Shield or whatever suits you best...Forge +Skills,Socket Salamander Jewel Forged fo Skills...
Helm Thief Runeword...Gem Meld Topaz for more GF
Armor Insight Runeword for FCR and Mana Regen and +Skills and some GF
Boots,Belt,Gloves Goldarks Unique Normal Item Forged for +Skills or GF and Socketed with Salamanders Forged for Skills...
Jewelry either Uniques or Rare or Crafts that give the most to Skills and Dstone GF...

In Nightmare you will be able to kill much faster with this gear than in Hell,for Hell you really need to work on improving it if you wanna successfully farm on p/7 or p/8...

Edit: This kind of Setup would bring you around 1500 GF%...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:51 pm

dont think he can afford thief and/or insight yet as his pally nabbed only a few orange and green runes, so no purples or gold ones yet ;) For the meantime I'd recommend either To-Mi (wealth) runeword, or (even better) lem-ist-jo (wealth) from vanilla D2. possible might also be to use any rare/unique/set armor that u got floating around with some decent +skills/allres/life/goldfind (any combo). For helmet really anything is fine, although I would go for archdimeron runeword. The conviction aura is just too good to pass =)
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

purdypog

Post by purdypog » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:42 pm

If you wish to play a Sorc with marginal gear I would personally stay in NM and farm away until you gradually get more +skills, more -resist, more +damage gear/forgings. Stay away from Cows, just jump around the special areas for variety. I'm guessing that you enjoy the Sorc playstyle - I completely understand that, just build for the "long-term" and don't waste many if any resources on non-end game gear. Thus, target some nice pieces you want and add them when you get the resources... slow and steady increase in power. I'd personally use a Act 3 merc while you stay in NM.

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:37 pm

A few recommendations:

Don't go for everything. The gold stack size in nightmare and hell uber levels are not as far appart as the monster's hitpoints. This means that you can kill a LOT faster in nightmare and play a lot safer than in hell. Especially dying should be avoided. It costs time and gold.

Try the following:
- level up to the high 80s or low 90s
- make sure to have BO equipment in you second slot
- get a merc with either ancients call (act V offensive) or conviction (act 2 offensive) or even both
- gluttony, elyix', wealth gloves, belt, armor (goldarks is an alternative), these slots are cheap for MF
- rings, amu, helm for damage

Then bomb your way through nightmare ubers, mages in Act II, lost farm and andariels workshop are great, but any uber level works. Make sure to focus on speed, too. Pick gold up using telekinesis. This is a LOT faster because you don't have to walk to the gold piles which makes it a lot easier to klick on them even if they are close to eachother!

As your gear gets better and you find more charms (these are important!) you can switch more and more of you offensive gear for more gold find gear. Just make sure the you kill speed is always high. Better go for a lower player setting if things take too long to kill. You will still find more gold in the same time.

When you encounter monster which are highly resistant or immune to fire and you don't have a strong backup skill, LEAVE THEM. Using 5-10 seconds to kill a single monster is not as rewarding as moving on and killing 10-50 skeletons in the same time!

Using this you should be able to start farming gold quite easily, reaching about 1000% GF. As your gear becomes better you should be able to hit about 2000% without spending too many resources. With some further investment (Thief RW for example) and so on you can reach 3000% with a good killspeed in nightmare.

Ignore MF! Since you are going to farm in NM you will not find too many good uniques and sets anyway.

If you want to farm hell, then look at the guides in the Hall of Glory, setting up a char with high GF and the ability to withstand the damage in hell is considerably more expensive and might only pay of in the very long run, if at all. If this is your plan, make sure to have a look at Tasselhoff's Set, which is a good compromise. It gives you very good stats for almost any build, 7 sockets, good defense and 375% GF and MF. Finding/Gambling those items is a little expensive though. I think gambling all those items via gambling chits costs about 20 million gold average (from memory, not sure about the number)!!

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:06 pm

Farming Hell pays off more than Nightmare,and the amount of 3000%GF is unreachable without the use of MANY Maples...the most you can attain without using a single Maple and with Inventory full of GF Charms is 2500% on a Double Swing Barb with TWO Gluttony weapons,and that is with full Tassel set and Thief Helm...so a Sorc would come short for maybe 300%GF without any Maples...

I bite down hard

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:04 am

I used to have about 3300% without a single maple... the char is gone but I am 100% sure it was over 3000%. She was lvl 98. The gold piles ranged from about 28k to sometimes over 100k each in nightmare and she killed really fast. I could complete a full DMC run in about 5 Minutes, less when I really concentrated, and got an average of 800 - 1500k Gold.

3x Goldark's Strap (100% + 2%/clvl + 100% from 2x Lem + 50% from Lem forging) > 1488% GF from boots, belts, gloves
Gluttony (4%/clvl) > 388%
Elzix' (100% + 50% Lem + 50% Lem forging) > 200%
Thief (4%/clvl) > 388%
Wealth Armor (175% + 1,75%/clvl) > 346%
Wealth Charm (125% + 1,25%/clvl) > 247%
----------------------------------------------------------------------
That is 3057% GF using not a single maple leaf or even a dragon stone!

Here is a Necormancer with over 3800%.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:14 pm

I farm in Hell mostly,get around 3 Mils per BRW clear with around 2500GF,and all my Forges and Sockets are used for +Skills,but yea,now that you mention it,it sounds nice...never wanted to farm too much in Nightmare...

I bite down hard

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Back then I was playing on *evil place* and could not change the player settings, so that figure is from /players 1. It was really just for gf-purposes, the rest of my resources was stuck in other characters which did great in hell but had little to no MF/GF.

2500% is great if the character is strong enough for hell ubers.

Return to “Eastern Sun”