Diablo II Ressurection mod

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

DeDZahar
Ukraine

Diablo II Ressurection mod

Post by DeDZahar » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:47 pm

Some info: this mod should be a reworked variant of some old ES version.
Requesting some help in solving problems listed below:
1. Probably the main; How to fix the "chance to cast" affix on items? As I know, this mod must be installed on ver 1.09 and it's on it. And the animation is working but has no effect(no damage). It was fixed in version 1.09b but it seems unable to work properly anyway.
2. Secondary; Crashes. Most of them are with this message Image
(Assertion failure|location D2Common\items\Itemmods.cpp in line... with expression nMin<=nMax)- if image isn't loading. Also, some of them are connected with spawning of bosses. Don't know how to describe it but let it be like |running through location| saw some mini-boss pack| gotta go kill it| few seconds later crash without message|. Additionaly, crashing when trying to move cursor on item which has to many strings (they are just cover all of screen)
3.Removing the 66th limit level of magic items which can be obtained through drops from mobs and generating by npcs.
4.Some lists of runewords (if they work in that mod of course) and recipes for cube

Sure I can do it on my own but your help can help a lot.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: Diablo II Ressurection mod

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:09 am

Been many years since I tried ES, so I'll start with a question: does the mod have its own DLLs? If not, try downloading the Chance Cast fix for 1.09d out of our File center, under DLL Plugins for 1.09x. Beyond that, I don't have any recomemndations for you other questions, except the assertion is because a min value is higher than a max value somewhere in an affix or item file.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

DeDZahar
Ukraine

Post by DeDZahar » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:47 pm

Myhrginoc, It works man! Many thanks for advice about fixpatch! Finally I can deal with those goddamn immune to physical dmg bastards) Btw, the screen with error message I posted in previous one gets me every time. I mean the problem seems to appear only in line #54. Huh, don't mind about other tasks 'cause of enjoyment I got when killed my first phys immune( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) but... Anyway thanks again!

DeDZahar
Ukraine

Post by DeDZahar » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:09 pm

About your question: no I guess. The only changes I can admit are almost all synergies(or how it's named\ if they were) are gone, inverted and improved skill tree (now druid's firestorm can beat some asses out:), hydra skill for sorc changed to lightning spike ), replaced some textures (examples are fallen with the goat men, icy hairy Frozen Abysses with the monster with big sword that stuns you on every hit (dunno of original name + I played only pirate-translated 1.09)) and swapped spawn locations for some types of monsters, reworked sets and uniques which you can spot in ES... and that's all.

DeDZahar
Ukraine

Post by DeDZahar » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:13 pm

So no dll's were added

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:18 pm

Glad the patched DLL did the trick! For your other problem, study Line 54 and see if this is an item that loads an affix, which itself calls a skill with min/max settings. I am going to assume you are making these changes for private use only, we do not support releasing other people's work without their permission. (I probably should have said something earlier.) Finally, there are five buttons at upper right of each message...please use the first one, EDIT, rather than posting successive messages. It is the last of eleven netiquette addenda to the terms of Service.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Tireheb
Italy

Post by Tireheb » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:22 pm

Porting Eastern Sun to Resurrected is a difficult task but it's possible and I hope to release a playable alpha version soon (I'll make a topic in next days)

Halix
Germany

Post by Halix » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:24 pm

edit

Return to “Eastern Sun”