Repair Cost Cap (bug?)

Information and updates for the Darkness Weaves Ironman mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Gospodarik
Paladin

Repair Cost Cap (bug?)

Post by Gospodarik » Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:01 am

Hi RexxLaww! I'm developing my own Ironman mod (it's a great playing style IMHO), but I'm experiencing some trouble. Items with too strong magic modifiers somehow show up with a repair cost of 1 gold piece. Do you know how to fix the cap to be (for example) 1000 million? Otherwise it would be illbalancing since you could repair the strongest items with ease. I'm using the XVI Hex Editor for version 1.09b.
Thanks in advance, Gospodarik
Modding is funny, but as soon as a crash bug is caused the fun ends!
Card carrying member of Mentaldom, since June 2007 - Zy-El Hardcore

Gospodarik
Paladin

Re: Repair Cost Cap (bug?)

Post by Gospodarik » Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:42 am

OK, so if this does not work, here's another question: How do I hex away the possibility of repairing? Is there any chance of eliminating the repair buttons or do I have to disable the repair NPC's?

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:29 pm

Gospodarik, there is no need to post consecutive messages like that. You can Edit your post instead, and it will be marked as 'unread', so we know there is new content to it ;)

RexxLaww
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Hand-picked

Post by RexxLaww » Sat Apr 19, 2003 7:04 am

All my cost caps were done through the armor/weapon/misc .txt files and the NPC.txt file. I have never had an item 'rollover' to 1 GP because of magic modifiers. Try experimenting with that.
The Frost. Sometimes it makes the blade stick.

Gospodarik
Paladin

Post by Gospodarik » Sun Apr 20, 2003 9:26 am

But in my mod there are huge differences in the item repair costs: A cracked item will have a cost ranking from 1000-10000 gold, a magic one can cost a million in order to be repaired, and socketed items with 3 perfect gems would cost several billions to repair! If I'd simply turn down all repair costs, you could always repair normal/cracked items, and if I'd change down the costs for repairing gemmed items, their repair value would become too low. So is there a possibility of hexing away the repair button? I'm really annoyed of not being able to Imbue or Socket items after completing the Smith or Siege quest, or having to go back into act 1 because I can't heal in act 2 any longer.

Return to “Darkness Weaves”