Discution on progress !

Information and updates for the "Le Royaume des Ombres" mod by Xaphan. If you have any questions or suggestions for these mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Xaphan

powerrrbg

Re: Le Royaume des Ombres - 1.06 (French and English)

Post by powerrrbg » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:23 pm

I am happy to provide feedback.If you need something to be tested or you want me to try something and provide feedback you are welcome just post it in here and i will go for it.

Edit:Will there be items that increase all skill levels?

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:31 pm

The best you can test (other that finding bugs of course !) is skills. Some are probably underpowered, and other overpowered. Having poeple give me what they think of the skills will help me to balance thems out.

For all skills items, the answer is no because of specialities (They max at level 5 and it would be very unbalanced to allow items to go way higher, defeating the purpose of fame). However, there is and will be items that give +X to a mastery or multiple masteries. So let's say you have an item that give +1 to nature mastery and hunt mastery, that's the same as +1 to Huntress skills ;)

powerrrbg

Post by powerrrbg » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:19 pm

Its quite hard to say which skills are op/underpowered because its early game first few lvls and i dont know how skill will we be in high end content.IMO skills should be balanced around end game efficiency not just early game because nerfs now might resault harsh time in end content.

Something that got my attention are that all buffs have only 30 sec duration and no improve duration passive or they dont improve their duration on high skill lvl which is frustrating.Its way too low every 30 secs to rebuff constantly.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:55 pm

Yea that's right. Right now I balance skills sthat are really OP or underpowered. Once the whole world will be done (allowing player to reach max level), then I will start a more deeper balance.

For buffs, you can increase their duration by putting points into wisdom. Each point in wisdom increase ALL buffs duration by 1%. You can see this bonus on each skill description. I may increase base durations, but I am not sure if I will do it. This is part of the balance because the higher the base duration is, the lower the player have a need to put points into wisdom.

BTW : All maps of act 2 are now done :) I now need to add monsters to thems.

kaiserwolf

Post by kaiserwolf » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:52 am

This mod is looking pretty amazing i think once version 2 comes out and act 2 is released i'll play through it and give you my review/feedback/ideas on whats been done so far.

powerrrbg

Post by powerrrbg » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:01 pm

Any progress report on act 2 ? :)

Cant wait to continue playing.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:34 am

If all go well, it should be released near the end of the month, or the begining of the following one :)

Only the following remain :
- Populate maps
- Edit quest log strings
- Edit NPC speechs

Edit :
Maps are now 100% done and populated :)
Only text edit remain

powerrrbg

Post by powerrrbg » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:00 am

Yey really nice i am looking forward to test the new act.

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:25 pm

im testing too, im impressed! cant wait for the new act!

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:03 pm

Version 2.00 is now ready, but unfortunately the mod seems to have too much succes for DropBox, and the publics download links have been desactivated. Wow, that mean that more than 20Gb of data have been downloaded in one day! 8-O

Well, i'm currently uploading version 2.00 on an other site, but I may run into the same problem again. Time will tell ^^

I will edit this post once version 2.00 is ready to be downloaded.

powerrrbg

Post by powerrrbg » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:27 pm

Can you give a link to this other site?

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:18 am

It's not ready yet. It take like 1 hour to upload the file :)
When it's done and I'm sure it work, sure I post the link !

I'm uploading it on File Dropper, and on Google Drive as well. I'm not sure I can do it with google Drive (I have never tested), but if I can I know there won't be any brandwitch problems as google have no limit on this as far as I know.

Edit : Version 2.00 is now available from 1st post !

marquise

Re: Le Royaume des Ombres - 2.00 (French and English)

Post by marquise » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:19 pm

Oh finally Act2 =) gonna try it out :D Thx and keep it up the good work.

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:31 pm

are you working on act3 mate?

Colossus doesnt give the +attack speed i think

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:04 pm

No, not working on act 3 for now. I have still a lot to add related to act 2. I will only work on act 3 once act 2 is completely done (Mystic formulas, runewords, souls, map variations, etc...).

Will see for Colossus, but kep in mind that you better see the attack spead increase if you already have a fast weapon.

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:26 pm

Xaphan" wrote:No, not working on act 3 for now. I have still a lot to add related to act 2. I will only work on act 3 once act 2 is completely done (Mystic formulas, runewords, souls, map variations, etc...).

Will see for Colossus, but kep in mind that you better see the attack spead increase if you already have a fast weapon.
oh ok i thought act 2 was ready.

The problem is that when Colossus isnt active i hit faster.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:00 pm

Act 2 is ready, but that dosen't mean I've added everything, else you should have to wait... 1-2 more months ? ^^

No I'm adding things one at a time, to be sure it's good and fun. If poeple don't like it, I don't want to have to redo all.

Edit :

What's comming in 2.01 ?

Now that version 2.00 has been made avaible, you may want to know what is comming next. Well, here is your answer :

1. Improvements to act 2
Act 2 will be improved. Some bugs will be fixed, and some new content will be added. Some maps will have more variations than they have now, mostly caves for now. The goal is to make this act different each time you play, as it is for act 1. Maps variations will be added slowely in each update, and only when it's totally finished, I will work on act 3.

2. Act 2 superuniques monsters will drop theirs souls
Currently, they do not, but they will in the next release. Yes, that mean news unique items ! Unique items are always something really apreciated by players, and the mod currently only have the soul system to get them. While this version will not see the introduction of unique items you can drop, this is still something that will come soon.

3. Unique items and runewords will be adjusted
Some properties of theses items aren't really how I want them to do, making some of them too strong, or not enought. While properties of theses items will not change, I will change some numbers. Any items you had before this update will not be altered, but any item you drop or make after this update wil have the new stats.

4. Players will be able to find set items
Yes, you readed it right ! Set items will be implemented in this update ! There will be generic sets that are designed to be used by every class, and some class specific sets. While generic sets will have some general bonuses, class specific ones will give bonus to some skills or even to a whole mastery. There will be 16 sets avaible, designed for players of level 10 to 31. Will you complete thems all ? Check the pictures at the end of this news to see some of thems.

5. Introduction of a new monster rank : Elite
While veteran monsters are a stronger version of normal monsters, elite monsters will be a stronger version of... champions and rare monsters ! Beware, they will be deadly and challenging ! Well, champions and rare monsters will be tonned down a bit, but elite monsters will be more difficult than what champions and rares monsters are now.

That is all. I cannot give you an release date yet, but you can always check this topic to see what has been done and what still need to.

Image ImageImage

I hope you will like theses changes !

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:53 am

cant wait :)

Megaladon
United States of America

Post by Megaladon » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:45 pm

Best mod I've played in a long time. Anyone wondering if it's good enough to play D2 again? It is that good. I already got 1 friend trying it out. Thank you for your time and for not being scared to make a total conversion. Keep up the good work and we will keep on enjoying your work.
Should we do what we're good at or get good at what we do?

Sminkin

Post by Sminkin » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:45 pm

I love this mod so hard. Thank you for bring it to us. I just can't wait to see future versions, with new acts and crazy stuff :) good idea to recycle Guild Wars 1 images, beautiful remembers came to my mind when i saw it :lol:

helpmeplz

Re: Le Royaume des Ombres - 2.00 Main topic

Post by helpmeplz » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:45 pm

heloo =D just was playing this mod and having way too much fun with it 8D I have been playing the vamp and love all the new skills and (thank you too much for this)total map and quest and progress redesign. I just wanted to throw down one thing I think needs a nerf, is the heal rate of the vamps bloody skull. I have 2k life with the vamp and it fills ultra fast, making him a little too hard ot kill, so it might need a bit of a drop in its returns =3 also, it would be nice ot see the 1%duration increase per wisdom point applied to lycanthropy so vamp last longer =3 jus tmy suggestions,a nd absolutely love the mod just so far, I am so excited to see more of your inventive and intuitive work :3

Bosanac

Post by Bosanac » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:22 pm

Just beat A1 with my Hardcore Bowazon... really cool stuff man... I was very impressed with both the length and the substance.. you truly have something special here.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:39 pm

Thanks Bosanac :) I will only do my best to make it even better !

And good news : Version 2.01 should be ready in one or 2 days :)

Edit : Version 2.01 is now out :) Check the main post !

helpmeplz

Re: Le Royaume des Ombres - 2.01 Main topic

Post by helpmeplz » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:39 am

hye, I was curious to know if you have ideas for the third act planned out, or is it a develop as you go thing =D?im excited to see where it takes us next =3(hope im not coming off pushy, just excited for the beautifully constructed acts 8D)

syronx

Re: Discution on progress !

Post by syronx » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:31 am

I have played some of act 1 and I can honestly say GOOD JOB! Please keep on making this mod, the new maps are awesome, the new skill system and characters, the sounds, EVERYTHING! I am looking fordward to see more of the mod :) keep it up!

Return to “Le Royaume des Ombres”