Any Mods for the Realms?

If you have constructive comments or suggestions about the Phrozen Keep for the staff, please post them here. Please note: this is not a forum for discussing mods or modmaking.

Moderator: Tech Support

No votes

Total votes: 0

roadkill

Any Mods for the Realms?

Post by roadkill » Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:40 am

Are there a simple mods to just increase your inventory space that is playable in the realms? Are any mods playable in the realms? Are the realms considered "closed" battlenet and hence any mod played in the realms considered cheating or hacking p/the posting rules?

I'm very new to Diablo (loving it too much actually) and trying to figure out the rules.

Thanks in advance

ThresholdRPG
Paladin

Re: Any Mods for the Realms?

Post by ThresholdRPG » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:29 am

A "mod" to realmplay would indeed be considered a hack. That makes it something that is not an acceptable topic of discussion here.

Even bigger inventory would have dramatic balance effects since it would mean you could carry more charms.

Of course, I find closed play the height of annoyance. I like being able to tweak or change the things about D2 that I don't like so I can focus on the things I really enjoy.
-Aristotle @ Threshold RPG

Threshold RPG - Our World, Your Imagination

http://www.thresholdrpg.com

Zhoulomcrist
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Zhoulomcrist » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:52 am

Mods on closed battle.net are considered a hack by our Terms of Service and that of Blizzard.

Additionally, using mods on a Blizzard Realm can (and most likely will) cause undesirable technical problems (crashes, character corruption, etc...) to ocurr.

So, if you're gonna play on a realm, a non-modded session would be your best option.

Otherwise, on open battle.net, TCP-IP games, and single player, they are acceptable.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

ThresholdRPG
Paladin

Post by ThresholdRPG » Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:04 am

Also, there are people who run non-Blizzard closed servers of various MODs. I don't recall the URLs off the top of my head. {No mentioning of private realms - consider this a warning}.com is the one I have read about here quite often.

There you can play some of the more popular mods in a closed server environment. It isn't Blizzard's Battle.net but if you like the closed method of play that's an option for you.

Personally, I much prefer offline single player or open/tcp-ip multiplayer. I like being able to customize the game to my liking for maximum enjoyment. I also prefer playing with people I know either from RL or a community like this one so I don't have to worry about having a night of gaming ruined by some jerk.
-Aristotle @ Threshold RPG

Threshold RPG - Our World, Your Imagination

http://www.thresholdrpg.com

Kato
Retired staff
Virtue

Post by Kato » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:37 pm

;) The D2Haven realms host a couple of Diablo 2 mods. They have a select clientelle of players who can gain access to their realms only through sponsorship by existing players. Their setup is quite good since they have several game servers.

:arrow: Check them out:

[mod]URL removed due to site offering download of maph@ck - Phrozen[/mod]
Last edited by Kato on Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed." - D.Vader
Zy-El: Trial by Fire Mod Forum: http://phrozenkeep.it-point.com/forum/v ... m.php?f=53
Zy-El website: http://www3.telus.net/zyel/index.html Zy-El wiki: http://zyel.wikispaces.com/

roadkill

Post by roadkill » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:26 am

ThresholdRPG";p="165591" wrote:A "mod" to realmplay would indeed be considered a hack. That makes it something that is not an acceptable topic of discussion here.
Thank you for understanding the spirit of my question was for information and not to violate any rules. Got the information I needed and plan to use open battle.net to test characters I can then create and build legitimately on closed battle.net.

:)

As far as I'm concerned this thread can be closed in good stead and thanks again.

onyx
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by onyx » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:03 pm

roadkill";p="165821" wrote: As far as I'm concerned this thread can be closed in good stead and thanks again.
Said - done ;)
ONYX
Read The Terms of Service before posting!

Back to Hellfire - Site | Forum
Also visit: Incandescence * Diabolic Cartography * Inventharia * Diablo Evolution

Return to “Feedback”