Rune Mod or Heaven Storm?

Information and updates for Sir_General's Rune mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Sir_General

No votes

Total votes: 0

Sir_General
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Sir_General » Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:40 am

Which would everybody like to see completed first? Now that the actual release of v1.10 has come out, I can start really getting to work on them. Also, just note that the Rune Mod won't simply be getting updated. I have a lot of new ideas and changes I plan on trying. I plan to start doing as much as I can in a day or two so let me know what you want.
That's Sir_General with an _. Leave it out and I'll beat you with a rubber chicken.

Desocupado
Forum Regular
Angel
Brazil

Re: Rune Mod or Heaven Storm?

Post by Desocupado » Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:46 am

Rune mod all the way...
It's the cool mod...
It's the one mod..

(I wonder if how it is going to be in order to be doable in single player...)

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:33 am

Two words: Heaven Storm
"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe" - Chib, Infoceptor Forums
The 1.10 Editorial

Drackin
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Drackin » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:00 am

i've unfortunatly never had the pleasure of playing the rune mod....
but im still pretty buzzed from that heaven storm title screen beta you released a long while ago.

so... my vote goes for heaven storm :)
WARNING: Prolonged exposure to modding may cause temporary insanity and include sexual side effects, IE/ The lack thereof.

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:48 pm

Ummm, 1.10 d2gs? :) j/k :P

Wlffrsether

Post by Wlffrsether » Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:49 pm

I say: Heaven Storm.
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every second of it.

WarWolf
Paladin

Post by WarWolf » Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:44 pm

im just too exited what exactly it will be like... i already do know your runemod... so im voting for Heaven Storm

4ever~|link
Paladin

Post by 4ever~|link » Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:05 pm

1) Heaven Storm
2) Since you dont reply to PMs often enough (a month between replies, 8-O ) would you mind updating the morph system to 1.1 for me S_G, please? Ill give you a virtual brownie, :twisted:

edit: bloody typo
Last edited by 4ever~|link on Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Watcher

Post by Watcher » Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:54 pm

I don't care which one is finished first. I'd like to play both. :)
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Assertion Failure".
--The Modding Bible, Gospel of Jeff

Newbdungeon

Post by Newbdungeon » Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:14 am

id like to see rune mod, i know that mod and i know i like it

Sir_General
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Sir_General » Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:58 am

Well, it kind of sounds like Heaven Storm is the one people want me to work on first, so I'll start with that one. I don't know exactly how things will progress, but I'm already working on it and need some of it tested. Some portions (like what I want tested now) will be available to everyone for testing while other parts I'll probably keep more private.

Anyway, here's the link for the first item I'd like tested: http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/plan ... test-a.zip

It's about 5.5Mb. Just put it in its own directory and run the launcher script (LaunchModGame.vbs). This should start what looks like a normal Diablo II game. However, once you get to the title screen menu, where you can normal choose between single player, battle.net, etc. you should just get a black screen. What I'm testing right now is Direct3D. I'm not sure if you need to be running Diablo II in Direct3D mode for the test to work or not, but that's why I'm testing it.

If an error occurrs, then the program may or may not give you message and then it will exit. If it does exit, please post it here. Tell me if you were using windowed or non-windowed mode (please try both when you test), what settings you were using for Diablo II (you can get these from running D2VidTst.exe) and any message you might have received.

If no error occurrs, then all you'll have is a black screen. Press escape when you're finished looking at the darkness. Please post here that you tested the program and it ran alright.

Also note, since this is a Direct3D test, it does require your machine to have DirectX and Direct3D installed. More specifically, it requires DirectX 9.0. If you don't have this you can grab it from the Microsoft download site.

To FoxBat and 4ever~|link - I'll work on doingthe morphs thing and D2GS if I get the chance. The morphs might not be too hard, but it looks like I might have misplaced my notes for the changes so I may have to rediscover some things. The D2GS is a lot more complicated, though, and I'm not sure how long it may take me to work on that. Especially if I'm trying to add support for existing battle.net servers like pvpgn and stuff.
That's Sir_General with an _. Leave it out and I'll beat you with a rubber chicken.

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:58 pm

File not found by PlanetDiablo S_G :(
Last edited by Rhonlore on Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe" - Chib, Infoceptor Forums
The 1.10 Editorial

Sir_General
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Sir_General » Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:17 pm

It appears to be working fine for me. Try it again, maybe FilePlanet just needed some time to put the download in their database or something. Who knows.

EDIT:

Well, I already found out what I wanted to know from the testing. Still, feel free to download it and see what happens. I'm still curious to here any errors if you happen to get some.
Last edited by Sir_General on Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4ever~|link
Paladin

Post by 4ever~|link » Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:58 pm

To FoxBat and 4ever~|link - I'll work on doingthe morphs thing and D2GS if I get the chance. The morphs might not be too hard, but it looks like I might have misplaced my notes for the changes so I may have to rediscover some things.
Thank you so much Sir_General, Im sure CD is as happy as I am to hear the news.

edit: woohoo, 100 posts :twisted:
Last edited by 4ever~|link on Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

aurikan

Post by aurikan » Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:39 pm

To FoxBat and 4ever~|link - I'll work on doingthe morphs thing and D2GS if I get the chance. The morphs might not be too hard, but it looks like I might have misplaced my notes for the changes so I may have to rediscover some things. The D2GS is a lot more complicated, though, and I'm not sure how long it may take me to work on that. Especially if I'm trying to add support for existing battle.net servers like pvpgn and stuff
If it helps you any, I wrote a patch for pvpgn that allows 1.10 clients to connect and enter chat, we now just need a 1.10 D2GS. I'll be posting the diffs Real Soon Now, like this weekend.

the_brainaic

Post by the_brainaic » Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:04 am

Rune mod all the way... As Heaven Storm is primarily an MP mod (You said it, I think), and I can't MP at boarding school, where I am for most of the year, I would like to see Rune Mod finished first.
D2 characters: level 47 sorceress
Sir_Generals Rune Mod characters: level 36 amazon, level 25 barbarian

Psycho Chickenz

Post by Psycho Chickenz » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:24 pm

I would like to see a version of the rune mod for 1.10 (unless the old one will work). Just an update so that we have something to play when you are making Heaven Storm.
I know what you're thinking and if I told you, you'd think I was talking in centimetres.

_Fetus_

Post by _Fetus_ » Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:19 am

:( I wanted to see rune mod but youve already decided. Perhaps you could just update rune mod to be compatible with 1.10 like suggested above. That would make my day.
You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon.' Need I say more?

- Chris Rock

Sir_General
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Sir_General » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:56 am

Just so everyone knows, I ended up doing the Rune Mod first instead of Heaven Storm. I had a few friends who wouldn't let it be any other way... oh well, the Rune Mod will be pretty cool too. It's not just going to be a duplicate of the previous version, gonna be some noticeable changes.

Borgin
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Borgin » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:38 am

[quote=Sir_General";p="142846"]
Just so everyone knows, I ended up doing the Rune Mod first instead of Heaven Storm. I had a few friends who wouldn't let it be any other way... oh well, the Rune Mod will be pretty cool too. It's not just going to be a duplicate of the previous version, gonna be some noticeable changes.
[/quote]

Well, I for one am glad to hear that. And yes, I just joined today.

I played the rune mod when it first came out. The first patch. It rocked. I'm really glad you're updating it.

Since I finally got around to joining P_K, my vote goes to Rune Mod. I win :) Heh.

_Fetus_

Post by _Fetus_ » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:17 am

Huzzah! :) be sure to keep the synergies
You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon.' Need I say more?

- Chris Rock

Watcher

Post by Watcher » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:12 am

Well, that's good news. I'm looking forward to the new and improved Rune Mod. And I see you even put up a new avatar with Rune Mod symbols. Nice!

Sir_General
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Sir_General » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:08 am

And I see you even put up a new avatar with Rune Mod symbols. Nice!
Yep. I figured it was about time to change the avatar. Might as well be the elements. I also put a half-size picture of the new character creation screen in my profile if you want a look. As you can see, I'm going back to the wooden interface and design of the older rune mod versions.

Watcher

Post by Watcher » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:23 am

[quote=Sir_General";p="143335"]I also put a half-size picture of the new character creation screen in my profile if you want a look. As you can see, I'm going back to the wooden interface and design of the older rune mod versions.[/quote]

I looked at it. Initial reaction: 8-O

So you've not only changed where characters are selected and where the name is entered, you've made it possible to distribute "Elemental Points" across the eight elements. And this affects not only your starting stats, but also how many points you gain in each trait per level. How much code editing does this thing require anyway? 8-O

Also, unless my l33t counting abilities are failing me, you seem to start with 55 elemental points, and there's a limit of 15 points in any one element. Correct?

Rhonlore
Champion of the Light

Post by Rhonlore » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:07 pm

[quote=Watcher";p="143402"]
I looked at it. Initial reaction: 8-O
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly, that screen looks absolutely brilliant!!!

*Forgets about Heaven Storm and begins anxiously awaiting Rune Mod*

Hurray for Rune Mod!
The 1.10 Editorial

Return to “Sir_Generals Rune Mod”