Beta Finished

Information and updates for Sir_General's Rune mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Sir_General

DarqPhoenix
Champion of the Light

Post by DarqPhoenix » Sun Nov 03, 2002 5:10 am

if you get all the patches and install them right, you will get practically no crashes (i got only 1 the whole time a played that version, which was like 30hrs or something)... so you don't have to worry about the game being unstable at all
From the ashes of death, rises the phoenix.

Keeshi
Paladin

Post by Keeshi » Mon Nov 04, 2002 3:01 pm

I only had 2 crashes my whole time and that was before he sent any patches. The mod is GREAT. and if I can figure out how to install them, you guys can.
Father of Machines! From void evolved Phyrexia. He saw its perfection. Thus the Grand Evolution began. Oil, and metal. We are now pure. - Phyrexian Scriptures

Omni X

Post by Omni X » Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:00 pm

"If you claim to have made something idiot-proof, along comes another breed of idiot" I believe the saying goes...

I've tried folowing the instrustions, and I have found myself completely lost. I'll admit right now that I have no real clue on coding and such to help me... so here is my troubles...

I downloaded and put in the files into my diablo2 directory... made a shortcut and added things I found here to it... it looks like this in the 'Target' line:

"C:\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" /dll "C:\Program Files\Diablo II\SGRuneMod.dll" -direct -txt

It seems to work fine... I start into single player, make a charactor.. but when the game tries to load, I get some sort of error and the game must be shut down.

I am running the full version and have applied the patches.

If anybody could help me out (and explain it as you would to someone with few computer skills :roll: ) That would be appreciated. Thank you.
If you claim to have made something 'Idiot Proof' along will come another breed of idiot.

If knowledge is power, then to be unknown is to be unconquerable...

Will
Champion of the Light

Post by Will » Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:39 pm

Omni X" wrote:"If you claim to have made something idiot-proof, along comes another breed of idiot" I believe the saying goes...

I've tried folowing the instrustions, and I have found myself completely lost. I'll admit right now that I have no real clue on coding and such to help me... so here is my troubles...

I downloaded and put in the files into my diablo2 directory... made a shortcut and added things I found here to it... it looks like this in the 'Target' line:

"C:\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" /dll "C:\Program Files\Diablo II\SGRuneMod.dll" -direct -txt

It seems to work fine... I start into single player, make a charactor.. but when the game tries to load, I get some sort of error and the game must be shut down.

I am running the full version and have applied the patches.

If anybody could help me out (and explain it as you would to someone with few computer skills :roll: ) That would be appreciated. Thank you.
OMFG
dude
READ the command line. Why are the directories different?

Omni X

Post by Omni X » Tue Nov 05, 2002 11:28 am

I warned you that I was an idiot, didn't I? *laugh* I even supprised myself with this one...

Thank you, my problem is solved...
If you claim to have made something 'Idiot Proof' along will come another breed of idiot.

If knowledge is power, then to be unknown is to be unconquerable...

Keeshi
Paladin

Post by Keeshi » Tue Nov 05, 2002 3:40 pm

rofl to be honest, I did the SAME thing when I finished downloading it when beta testing... I uninstalled diablo and was in the middle of installing when I looked at the short cut. After that, I smacked myself, fixed my short cut, and kept installing :mrgreen:
Father of Machines! From void evolved Phyrexia. He saw its perfection. Thus the Grand Evolution began. Oil, and metal. We are now pure. - Phyrexian Scriptures

V919V

Post by V919V » Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:37 pm

Hmm...A gameplay question:
How do I use a rune with an item?It's different than in earlier versions,where you had to use the horadric-cube.I right-clicked on a rune and then clicked on an item,but nothing happend.I used several runes on several items,but nothing worked... :roll:

Will
Champion of the Light

Post by Will » Wed Nov 06, 2002 3:23 pm

V919V" wrote:Hmm...A gameplay question:
How do I use a rune with an item?It's different than in earlier versions,where you had to use the horadric-cube.I right-clicked on a rune and then clicked on an item,but nothing happend.I used several runes on several items,but nothing worked... :roll:
Read the readme ;)

you gotta elementalize the item first.

Shoggoth

Post by Shoggoth » Sat Dec 07, 2002 8:57 pm

Quick question here. I just downloaded the mod and it seems to be running ok, but I'm at quite a loss for exactly what to do. I realize the post above mine said to read the readme... but there is no readme to be found in any of the files I downloaded, nor could I find it on the website.

Can anyone give a hand here?

Shoggoth

Post by Shoggoth » Tue Dec 10, 2002 7:33 pm

So um... no one has the readme or any instructions they could point me to or email?

Return to “Sir_Generals Rune Mod”