please help me

Information and updates for Sir_General's Rune mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Sir_General

Newbdungeon

please help me

Post by Newbdungeon » Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:20 pm

im trying to download this mod and im not sure which files i must download at the screen to get the current patch, do i download only certain ones or al of the files?

thanks

deathfile
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by deathfile » Sat Dec 21, 2002 5:08 pm

all of them: in order full/lite, then A, B, C, etc.

Newbdungeon

another question

Post by Newbdungeon » Mon Dec 30, 2002 7:52 pm

do you need patch 1.09b to play this mod?
and once i get that all the files are on the rune mod site right?

the full/lite links arnt working in the topics below, are they the beta install file on the site?

DJ Bobthegoat

Post by DJ Bobthegoat » Tue Dec 31, 2002 6:30 am

Is it alright to have DII 1.09d, or must I have 1.09b?

Watcher

Post by Watcher » Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:06 am

Go to the website, and download all the files. Install them, beginning with the "Full Install", then Patch A, then Patch B, etc. The Full Install contains all 1.09b DLL files, so it's alright if you have 1.09d installed. Just remember to backup ALL your DLLs.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Assertion Failure".
--The Modding Bible, Gospel of Jeff

lich

Post by lich » Tue Dec 31, 2002 10:43 am

And then how I can install this mod? I have just read 'install q' but I can't know how to install.Please help me!
great emotion

Watcher

Post by Watcher » Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:26 pm

First, rename all the DLL files in the D2 directory to .dll.bak, so D2Common.dll will be called D2Common.dll.bak, D2Game.dll will be called D2Game.dll.bak and so on. Also rename Game.exe to Game.exe.bak. These are the backups of your files. You might want to copy them to another directory as well, just to be sure.

Now, make an empty directory somewhere, and into this directory you unzip first the full install zip file, then patch A, then patch B, etc. Always owerwrite when prompted. This done, you now have a directory with all the files needed to install the Rune Mod. Copy all these files and subdirectories into your D2 directory.

Finally, you need to make a shortcut. Create a shortcut to the Diablo II.exe file in your D2 directory. Right click on this shortcut and select Properties. Click on the Shortcut tab. The Target (or Destination, not sure what it's called) line should read

"C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe"

possibly with another directory. Change the line to

"C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -direct -txt /dll "C:\Program Files\Diablo II\SGRuneMod.dll"

with the appropriate directory, of course. Note that you need to include the two sets of quotes, exactly as in this post.

Now you can run the Rune Mod with this shortcut.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Assertion Failure".
--The Modding Bible, Gospel of Jeff

DJ Bobthegoat

Another method of getting the mod to work

Post by DJ Bobthegoat » Tue Dec 31, 2002 5:08 pm

I just got the mod to work last night, but I didn't do exactly as described by the people on this forum. I copied my Diablo II files from the DII directory, created a new folder within the DII directory, and then copied the DII files into it. Afterwards, I took all the patched files and overwrote the DLLs in that folder, then followed directions for creating the DLL shortcut.

Mine looked like: "D:\Diablo_II_Expansion_Modding\SG Rune Mod\BETA\Diablo II.exe" /dll "D:\Diablo_II_Expansion_Modding\SG Rune Mod\BETA\SGRuneMod.dll" -direct -txt

It worked great, but the obvious drawback is that it takes up alot of space on your hard drive to re-copy all the files... this method is nice cause you dont have to do any DLL switching. :D

Return to “Sir_Generals Rune Mod”