I know what it sounds like, but: I can't get it to run!

Information and updates for Sir_General's Rune mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Sir_General

No votes

Total votes: 0

TheOnlyCreature

I know what it sounds like, but: I can't get it to run!

Post by TheOnlyCreature » Mon Feb 03, 2003 12:08 am

Let's start with: hey all, nice to be here.

Second: This is one hell of a mod! I played lot's of mods before, but this one sets a few milestones.

Third: here goes. I got me a liitle problem. I enjoy this mod, but lately I bought a second pc. It's an old one, but it can run DIIX. My litte brother wanted me to install DIIX on it, so I did. I thought: "what the hey, it's just for offline play" (In other words, I bought DIIX and installed it twice. I know I'm bad). We had some fun playing multi, but then I tried mods. All was good, and we had fun.

Now, I play the runemod. And guess what? It won't run on the other pc. I guess it has to do with the loader I used. Can you please tell me how to get it to work? I am so looking forward to playing it with my brother. And I'm not looking forward to buying this game again so he can play the mod.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: I know what it sounds like, but: I can't get it to run!

Post by Myhrginoc » Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:26 am

Welcome to the Keep, we hope you find useful information and fun mods to play. But you are starting off on the wrong foot. Please read the Terms of Service, especially part 15. The link is under Tyrael on any of these pages. We do not allow discussion of hácks here. You are new, so consider this an informal warning.

It sounds like you are using the no-CD loader on at least one of the machines. Sir_General didn't write his loader to work with hácks, nor is he likely to edit it so it will. So you are fated to buy a copy somewhere or forget this mod for home multiplayer.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Sir_General
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Re: I know what it sounds like, but: I can't get it to run!

Post by Sir_General » Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:58 pm

While I'm not sure of the details, I can guarantee you that if you are trying to use a no CD setup it won't work. It would help me a little more if you could tell me what the launcher says or if you get an error message, etc.
That's Sir_General with an _. Leave it out and I'll beat you with a rubber chicken.

Return to “Sir_Generals Rune Mod”