Website Problems

Information and updates for Sir_General's Rune mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderator: Sir_General

Psycho Chickenz

Website Problems

Post by Psycho Chickenz » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:17 am

Hey SG, do you realise that your website does not show properly in Netscape? The links work but there are some funny characters in front of the links and nothing shows in the middle where the main text should be. I still have IE installed so I can still view it but I just thought I should point it out.
I know what you're thinking and if I told you, you'd think I was talking in centimetres.

Sobiius

Re: Website Problems

Post by Sobiius » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:33 pm

Actually, if you use netscape and tell it (via right clicking) to open one of the links in a new window it will appear in the new window as if you had activated the link in IE. Dunno what that means, but I have doubts that it's a problem on Sir_General's side, I tend to blame Netscape for its faults.
"It is easier to stab someone in the back than it is to look them in the eyes.
Society is built upon this principle, and it is universal amongst those who rule..."

Watcher

Re: Website Problems

Post by Watcher » Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:42 pm

OK, I decided to throw the website into the HTML Validator to check for errors. The result.

A few errors:

In the menu, you use non-breaking spaces (&nbsp). There must be a semicolon immediately after the last of these in every line, otherwise it will be read incorrectly, as a special character with the code &nbsp- .

A lot of the attributes inside the HTML tags need to have quotes around their values. A few examples (errors in bold):
Line 65 (of source code): <iframe BORDER=0 FRAMEBORDER=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 MARGINWIDTH=0 SRC="./Content.asp" NAME="fraContent" HEIGHT=100% WIDTH=100% SCROLLING=NO>
Line 12: <body BACKGROUND="./Images/Background.gif" BGCOLOR=#000000 TEXT=#AAAAAA LINK=#AAAAAA ALINK=#AAAAAA VLINK=#AAAAAA>

Also, you haven't specified the DOCTYPE attribute or the character encoding used. This should be done as well.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Assertion Failure".
--The Modding Bible, Gospel of Jeff

Return to “Sir_Generals Rune Mod”