Complete 1.06 Bugs - report everything here.

Information and discussion for the Baldur's Gate Mod.

No votes

Total votes: 0

MikeTheGreat
Arch-Angel

Post by MikeTheGreat » Thu Oct 24, 2002 9:35 pm

Ummm...

How many T.O.S. violations is that? Expect to get a warning soon, maybe even banishment. I suggest you clean up your act next time you post, and have a second look at the Terms of Service (or maybe a first for you).

:roll: :LO:
- Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword -

VeNoM0619

Look who cares: YOU

Post by VeNoM0619 » Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:21 pm

Expect to get an E-mail about how much I can really care, remember that IPs are dynamic, so they can try to banish me. All I can say for this mod is:

Dont fix what is not broken.

Why did they bother messing with act and area layouts when they know full well that other features are far more important? Its like making the whole map of the game before you can even play the map... besides, who in there right mind would remove skills and uniques? Its like taking away the game itself, the diversity is what a game is about, not about how much you can change the game.

AlphaMaz
Paladin

Post by AlphaMaz » Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:15 am

*snore*
...hmm? What!? Who's there?!
Thought I heard somethin'...must be the wind...
*snore*
The Real Maz

Ihop

Post by Ihop » Fri Oct 25, 2002 3:53 am

Don't like it? Don't play it.

Wasting more of your precious time to whine and cry in a forum...?

You really spent 8 hours searching for rada...for just one skill point...in a game? Oook I took a look in sewers and unnamed tomb under that dock, no rad, no go, next quest. That took what, half hour?

A) So you supposedly don't need to player8 through the acts in order to hit high lvl faster.

B) More bosses=more odds of drawing LE Simple stuff.

C) See text below, should be easy to understand.

D) Because this is a MOD? Hello? That rings a bell? It's not CLoD? The modders can change Diablo's color into purple and load up 'I LOVE YOU, YOU LOVE ME~' as the chaos sanc background music if they want.

E) Excuse me while checking if there's telekenesis/telelport/cold armors in BG... OMG there's no TS/hydra/warmth in BG! NERF THEM ALL PLZ~!!11!

You completely missed the point of this mod. Did you happen to look what you downloaded or you just loved to clicky click any links?

Searching rada for 8 hours.....and THEN complain about mindless work and 'dissatisfied' for 3 days worth of gameplay. Lmao were you suffering from mind blank during that eight hour period and caused yourself lasting brain damage?

Go back to CLoD pubbie crowd please, their village is missing people again.

RicFaith
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Re: The whole mod is a bug

Post by RicFaith » Fri Oct 25, 2002 3:59 pm

VeNoM0619" wrote:As for all of you, I leave you with a link:

http://www3.quantumlynx.com/barontech/list/sayit.swf
surely that's not you right :) nice pic tho. kudos to the chap who did that page. Was too busy enjoying my root beer float to really give the beautiful girl on screen much attn you'll have to forgive me :)

Why did we do the mod the way we did it?

1) Because it's different
2) So it's NOT cLoD
3) It's a change from an old enviroment

I've nothing against cLoD, and if I had time I wouldn't mind playing it again, tho I bet I'd play it the same way I usually do and get bored. Seriously if you don't like the way the mod goes, feel free to try another mod or go back to cLoD.

The way I see it, some ppl like Counter-Strike, some like Team Fortress, some like Day of Defeat. What I like may not be the same as what you like. I may like Dual Berettas, but you like Desert Eagle. I like the Rocket Launcher, but you're a Redeemer fan. I like magic but you like swords. It doesn't really matter :)

So enjoy yourself no matter what you decide to do.

oh and if that was you in the pic... well try plastic surgery :) cheers~

Ihop

shaft/complete staff

Post by Ihop » Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:40 pm

This happened in nm diff, so I don't know if it's the same with hell and normal.

I hit the maggot lair prior to temple, and the chest in coldworm's room dropped the shaft part of the staff. After that I head back and did the defiled temple, the complete staff dropped too, but since I have the shaft already, I couldn't pick it up.

Gonna try to ditch the shaft and start game again to see if it changes anything.

Also, the 'attract' curse icon uses the same image in CLoD instead of the 'new' look on other curses.

I haven't tried to summon glawatyacallit via demon spirit yet, but so far games don't crash if it's summoned out of ordinary items.

RicFaith
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by RicFaith » Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:38 pm

Very honestly, there's quite a bit of slipshort coding, both Blizz and my side. I can't help Blizz with their coding and I can't say that I get all of my coding right either, but it seems to work, and then it doesn't. I do know that I replaced all the normal Staff item drops with something else, a Spherestone or a Jewel or something. But apparently there are other triggers in their messy coding that throw out the Staff bit again, and then flag a bit to say that you can't pick up the full staff. Gah... It's like they have unnecessary excess which screws a lot of other things up.

Won't start lamenting abt all that coz I've got my Statics paper in the morning, so I'll be hitting the sack early tonight.

Ihop

Post by Ihop » Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:02 pm

Don't worry about that it.

I dropped the shaft and started a new game, this time heading straight to Temple of Defiled. The whole staff dropped again and I could pick it up.

So the 'bug' can be avoided easily.

Another thing I've noticed, the demon spirit will crash the game when I tried to summon glasomething out of it, I could alt-tab out and close D2. Restart new game, glaigottalearntospellit was there, the demon spirit was not. I'm pretty sure it was made out of that demon spirit because I had no 'golem' prior to the summoning.

It's hella tough, too. From act2 to act4, it was nearly killed once due to sparkfist+blood lord packs. Diablo didn't even hurt it.

Radament is still nowhere to be found....not in sewer by Greiz or dock...

AlphaMaz
Paladin

Okay, Raddy spoiler!

Post by AlphaMaz » Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:01 pm

*sigh* ;)

Okay, to find Radishmint, go to floor 2 of the palace, or cellar 2, one of those, and look for the stairs to the King's Tomb, I think that's what it's called. Then kick is butt. Get book. Rejoice. Drink beer. Get drunk. Throw up. Wake up groaning in sickly agony. <---*optional*

Hey, I think somewhere Ric or Subby said to forget everything you know about Act 2, or maybe that was I :?: In any event, it shouldn't be as easy to get a skill point as CLoD, but that's all arbitrary, I suppose.
The Real Maz

Ihop

Dooohhhh

Post by Ihop » Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:49 pm

No wonder I couldn't find him!

I have the layout of palace memorized so I usually run from one lvl entrance to another til I hit arcane.

Damn, I actually have to deal with those pesky skeletal magi again? Man...lower resist+minions+skeletal magi's ice bolts=major lag

Oh well, thanks for the info, btw.

How about make ancient Kaa drop something decent so we'll need to search the tombs too...?

RicFaith
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Re: Okay, Raddy spoiler!

Post by RicFaith » Tue Oct 29, 2002 9:22 am

AlphaMaz" wrote:Hey, I think somewhere Ric or Subby said to forget everything you know about Act 2, or maybe that was I :?: In any event, it shouldn't be as easy to get a skill point as CLoD, but that's all arbitrary, I suppose.
Yup I said that. What's the fun if you know everything there is to know :) Half the fun was to 'find' Radamant. If he's not there, well too bad :) if he is then rejoice, get drunk, puke the next morning and start the cycle over :evil:

(why aren't I studying....... sigh)

Ihop

Are mercs skillspells correct on the website?

Post by Ihop » Thu Oct 31, 2002 7:11 am

The act1 fiery maiden is shooting lightning (not lightning hose or lightning bolt) occasionally now. I can't be sure about the damage it does. I remember diabloii.net has a chart listing extra 'spells' an act1 rogue can have according to different number of +skills, does that have anything to do with what I saw on my merc?

Also, the act3 conjurer merc casts lightning wave instead of teeth, I'm guessing that it's the replacement since teeth isn't in the game anymore?

Currently making an arty conjurer with a conjurer merc...yeah, I'm nuts.

note: this happened last night, so I'm editing this post to add on new info.

Assertion Failure
Location urce\D2Common\DATATBLS\Sequence.cpp, line #2863
Expression: nIndex != 0

Occured twice in a row, both times it was my newly created arty necro (lvl37ish) in nm bloodmoor. Both times he was casting skull fire at a pack of quill bears. I checked around the forum for similar posts but it seemed other people were using 1.05 chars when similar problem occured, so that couldn't be the reason. Other played chars (one pally and conjurer) haven't had this crash yet. I understand certain skill/spell may cause this kind of crash (phoenix strike and certain wereskill?) so maybe you can look into it.

I guess until then my crazy dual conjurers build will be put on a hold.

Hmm, what next..

DaedinRoxer

Post by DaedinRoxer » Mon Nov 04, 2002 7:15 am

Not a bad mod at all, but I'm having some issues with the Imp recipes. A few had results that don't match what's listed at the website:

2 discoloured spherestones produced a cracked spherestone
The 4 Flail components produced a regular spherestone
That regular spherestone + ES produced a chipped spherestone

Aside from those 3, all the other recipes I've used have worked fine.

Xadhum
Paladin

Post by Xadhum » Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:26 pm

Hmm... Have you "installed" BGmod correctly? I don't know too much about these things, but it could be because of the dll:s.
Mitä Diablo II olisi ilman BGmodia?

zac503
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by zac503 » Mon Nov 04, 2002 9:57 pm

yeah that sounds like what happened when braxus screwed his dlls up
=0

DaedinRoxer

Post by DaedinRoxer » Tue Nov 05, 2002 2:08 am

Xadhum" wrote:Hmm... Have you "installed" BGmod correctly? I don't know too much about these things, but it could be because of the dll:s.
I'm not sure if you're replying to my post, but I transferred all the files, mpg and dll alike, when I installed the mod. Maybe some sort of computer error screwed up the transfer or something. :\ I'll move them all over again and see if it helps.

DaedinRoxer

Post by DaedinRoxer » Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:59 am

Nah, I've made sure all the files are in place, and it hasn't solved the problem. Repeatedly I've transmuted a Spherestone and an ES and gotten a chipped spherestone returned. This means I can't fully utilize the Spheres, which seem to be the most unique aspect of the mod. :( I also transmuted the Flail components again and got an uncut spherestone. Looking at some other posts on this forum, I gather that this isn't a commonly occuring problem. I haven't the slightest idea why it isn't working right for me. :\

Many of the other recipes work fine. SP is producing rare items, 3 gems and 3 runes are producing the next level gem or rune, health/mana/rejuv potions are upgrading normally, and sphere amulets are transmuting with spheres properly.

AlphaMaz
Paladin

Post by AlphaMaz » Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:52 am

Hmmmm...well, not sure, but are you using a Mac? I don't even know if BGMod works at all with a Mac, but hey, just trying to help... :-|
The Real Maz

DaedinRoxer

Post by DaedinRoxer » Sun Nov 10, 2002 7:04 am

Nope, PC. 1.09d of Diablo II and 1.06 of BGMod, so the versions are all right. I've had hard drive problems on my computer for the last year or so, so I won't count out that there are problems with the rest of the game files. Thing is, I've seen posts where people have explained similar problems with the cube recipes.

RicFaith
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by RicFaith » Mon Nov 11, 2002 3:08 am

once we started with dll editing, the Mac users are out in the cold. Basically there's no way to do it for the Mac as of yet and even if possible, we don't have Macs so heh.

Honestly I dunno what's the problem. There were occasions where the game would work fine on one build and with no changes made it wouldn't work on the second build or vice versa. I'm quite cheesed off with these discrepancies myself, but that's the price to pay for modding D2/X huh?

AlphaMaz
Paladin

Post by AlphaMaz » Mon Nov 11, 2002 6:06 am

...if all else fails, blame Blizzard! ;)
The Real Maz

Thazac

Post by Thazac » Sun Dec 08, 2002 9:27 am

Yea, the new solution to ALL your D2/X problems. BLAME BLIZZARD! BLAME BLIZZARD! With their... (Sorry, just saw that Bigger Longer and Uncut South Park movie :( )
Formatting brain.......40% done

Time elapsed (dd,hh,mm): 170:23:08...

P.S. At homesite click "Members" and then "Chaotic" to see me. Not that it is much to see :p

diabloholic

Post by diabloholic » Sun Dec 22, 2002 3:00 am

Don't know if anybody else has reported on this, but the Pit Fiend seems to spasm :sick: or blur periodically...strange

Sadygin

Post by Sadygin » Tue Dec 24, 2002 10:28 pm

Hey how do i put sockets into a sphere amulet ???

Xadhum
Paladin

Post by Xadhum » Fri Dec 27, 2002 12:31 pm

First you will have to fuse a sphere with a sphere amulet. Then just put the amulet to Cespenar and 1-4 Artificer's bloods and combine.
Mitä Diablo II olisi ilman BGmodia?

Return to “Baldur's Gate Mod”