TFW: Awakening alpha2 Bug Reports

Information and updates for TFW: Ancients (D2 v1.09x) and Awakening (D2 v1.10) mods. If you have any questions or suggestions about either mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Myhrginoc, SiLenTx, Deathscythe

horan
Paladin

Post by horan » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:23 pm

hirelings? it's another chronic issue. just be patient, and put your faith in Myhrginoc... :mrgreen:
to be or not to be that is a question...

TFW Network@Hamachi : TFW_Fans#01 / Pass: TFW
TFW Fan Site : tfwfans.googlepages.com

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: TFW: Awakening alpha2 Bug Reports

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:24 am

There are a number of "opportunities" which are exasperating about hirelings. I have addressed some of them, and in doing so created a few headaches of my own.

:OI: :OI: :OI:

I think in this case, if you are playing with /players X that the multiplier may not be applied to mercs, so you and your merc are not sharing the same experience. Second, according to Arreat Summit (and therefore of possibly dubious merit):
They fully share experience for their kills with you, and they receive a smaller share of experience for monsters that you kill.

Mercenaries do not get experience from party member kills, but they do from your summoned monsters/characters.

Hirelings will not gain experience once they have reached your level. They will begin to gain experience again once you level up.

Hirelings might not level up very well if they are in areas where monsters are much higher in level. You might have to try different areas to find good places to level up your Hirelings. Try to keep your Hirelings near your character level. Always quickly resurrect them so that they don't fall further behind.
I understand some of where this comes from in the code, but not all of it. So perhaps there is a factor applied that I need to adjust to make hirelings share your kills more like you do when they make the kill.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

oldtimer
Paladin

Post by oldtimer » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:24 pm

It's no problem, I got rid of her and got an act 3 fire merc. But then I hit a road block in act 1 nm(sry forgot new name), and put the druid on hold for a bit. Now , i'm ripping stuff up with my double swing barb in act 2 norm. :twisted:

Zenan

Post by Zenan » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:11 pm

EDIT: Nevermind I got it to work, thanks anyways. :D
Last edited by Zenan on Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Frealon

Post by Frealon » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:26 am

When I insert a Apocalypse runeword into cruel (200-300% lvl requirement 51) weapon, lvl requirement becomes 22.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:19 am

Is that a bug or a bonus? :mrgreen: The runeword requirement might supersede the original affix requirement, since Blizzard never intended runewords to be made out of magical items. What is the weapon itself? Did the Cruel effect remain (200% to 300% of base damage)?
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Mark Twain
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

misfulness
Paladin

Post by misfulness » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:39 pm

Is not a bug,but i want to answare something..
I think is more fun to play without recal soda(town portal)!
Can you try to remove them from game? It is harder to play. I play without them. You can make a "preference",where we can enable/disable soda recall(old town portal).Thanks
This mod is so beautifull!!

Heather

Post by Heather » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:23 am

Not sure if it's a bug per se, but that skill that the corrupted rogue archers and rogue mercs use that makes that white area of effect thing on the ground (lightning arrow I'm guessing maybe?) plays merry hell with my frame rate if there's more than one of the AoE patches on screen. The rest of the game runs fairly smoothly, but that drops me to <1 fps without fail.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:34 am

You wouldn't be playing with D3D on an nVidia card, perchance? I have heard a glide wrapper can improve things by allowing you to use Glide mode for D2. (The game was originally optimized for Glide, but that standard faded not long afterwards.) Unfortunately some video combinations work better than others. Also a higher number of background programs (antivirus, IM, etc) can have an adverse effect.

@misfulness> Nothing stops anybody from not using an object to make the game more challenging!! Keep ignoring (or selling) those recall sodas! But I am not trying to make an ironman mod, or even a ghost of one, so they stay in the game as is.
~ Mark Twain

Heather

Post by Heather » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:24 am

[quote=Myhrginoc";p="286493"]You wouldn't be playing with D3D on an nVidia card, perchance? I have heard a glide wrapper can improve things by allowing you to use Glide mode for D2. (The game was originally optimized for Glide, but that standard faded not long afterwards.) Unfortunately some video combinations work better than others. Also a higher number of background programs (antivirus, IM, etc) can have an adverse effect..[/quote]
Nope, it's an ATI mobile radeon. As I said, the game runs pretty smoothly otherwise. I get some graphic lag but not that much. But having that particular skill going off multiple times on screen (two was a bit of an exaggeration, but when there's a pack shooting 3 or 4 at a time) brings my framerate to a standstill.

frigy

Post by frigy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:47 am

Here is another bug I found reagrding hirelings.

I have a lvl 113 bowzon and is in act 2 hell. I didnt bother getting any mercs 'cause i was waiting for the convic aura merc in hell act2. When I got him he was lvl 113 as well but once I "save and exit" and come back again, he is a lvl 83 with 132 life..so he dies instantly. Then I hire another merc (lvl 113) and he came with 700+ life. Then after quitting and rejoining, he is also a lvl 83 with 132 life.

Also I would like to suggest that the merc resurect cost be lowered. It still costs 50k to get him back and thats a lot of money in this mod 'cause its not easy to get gold here. :D

horan
Paladin

Post by horan » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:40 pm

hirelings again?
Myhrginoc have implicated the problem with hirelings' level exists in every mods which max level is higher than lv98 the original. The calculation on hirelings are roughly different from the characters. Myhrginoc may need some more time on it, let's be patient.
At the mean while, you can play alone (if you need auras, you can use skill book instead), or join us playing TFW together over Hamachi network (Check my signature for it)
to be or not to be that is a question...

TFW Network@Hamachi : TFW_Fans#01 / Pass: TFW
TFW Fan Site : tfwfans.googlepages.com

Domini Canes
Paladin

Post by Domini Canes » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:27 pm

Didn't find anything on this in a quick search.

Death Sentry book.
Click to activate and no trap appears, my character vanishes from screen.

Just an FYI.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:24 pm

That is an odd one. As far as I can tell, Death Sentry uses the same functions and skill definition structure as the other sentry skills. So if you have used one of the other sentries successfully, you should be able to use Death Sentry.

One more item for me to think about... :roll: :mrgreen:
~ Mark Twain

Domini Canes
Paladin

Post by Domini Canes » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:10 am

I just tried lightning sentry - exact same issue.

Sorry to add to the list...

Dreadlord90
Paladin

Post by Dreadlord90 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:17 pm

For some unknown reason, when I try the recipe

magic item + yellow key + rare chest = same item, rare

for magic Arreat Ring (Barbarian only), nothing happens.
I tried it with two different rings, but none gave me the result. I still have no idea what is wrong. The readme says "any magic item" and it doesn't mention any class, difficulty or level requirements. However, it works fine for other items, including non-class rings :-|
I play a2p16.
Last edited by Dreadlord90 on Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:37 pm, edited 8 times in total.
We waited centuries for this moment. The rivers will flow with blood of those who oppose us. Kane

Domini Canes
Paladin

Post by Domini Canes » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:42 am

I believe that rings/amulets are different.

In the readme file there is this line:
9 magical barbarian class rings + standard topaz -> rare barbarian class ring

Seems to indicate that this might be the only method for creating a rare class ring for a barb.

Dreadlord90
Paladin

Post by Dreadlord90 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:20 am

the recipe

rare item + unique chest + gold key = unique item

works perfectly with Harrogath's Amulet (Barbarian only), I got The Hatred barb amulet as a result, but according to your logic it should fail.

Also, I don't know about other, but Paladin and Assassin class specific rings work with those key recipes.

That is strange :/
Last edited by Dreadlord90 on Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
We waited centuries for this moment. The rivers will flow with blood of those who oppose us. Kane

Phlebiac
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Phlebiac » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:46 pm

Do you think it would be possible to beef up the damage of poison nova a little bit?

My level 75 poison nova does something around 2500 damage and I can hardly kill a single monster even in act 1 fury unleashed.
I'd rather go to Africa and get eaten by an Elephant... Snoopy

Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007!

ZyEl Wiki

Dreadlord90
Paladin

Post by Dreadlord90 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:55 pm

2Domini Canes
well, I hope Myhrginoc well make everything clear...

some class-specific rings and amulets, which add to the whole skill tab (for exmaple, +1 to barb combat skills) have a prefix "Null" .
here is an example:

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/4978 ... 002kj0.jpg

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:12 am

For some unknown reason, when I try the recipe

magic item + yellow key + rare chest = same item, rare

for magic Arreat Ring (Barbarian only), nothing happens.
That is what is known in the trade as an {filtered}. 8-O :roll: I'll correct the recipe for the next patch. Incidentally, the same problem exists with rare to set conversions, and it is a ring issue only. (The rare to unique transition obviously works and I can cast the other two recipes in the same form. I don't know why there were multiple forms...)

The garbage cleanup recipes Domini Canes refers to allow you to clean up piles of magical items without burning off a chest and key pair. They were not intended as replacements for the yellow key and chest where applicable.
some class-specific rings and amulets, which add to the whole skill tab (for exmaple, +1 to barb combat skills) have a prefix "Null" .
The "Null" is a dummy string which was intended to appear as if the skilltab boost was an auto property of the ring. It didn't work the way it was intended, and I haven't decided what I want to do instead. (It adds some confusion, as there is another Null prefix which reduces magic damage.)
Do you think it would be possible to beef up the damage of poison nova a little bit?
I am sure all the skills need some tweaking, several are way too powerful at high levels. 8-O

Nothing but opportunities!
~ Mark Twain

Dreadlord90
Paladin

Post by Dreadlord90 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:56 pm

I think that your problem with NULL on class-specific rings/amulets comes from the fact that rings/amulets cannot be normal (white), unlike all other automod items like Bronze Axes, Claws and etc..

this recipe :

8 rare barbarian class rings + 4 perfect topazes + leader heartstone -> unique barbarian class ring

gave me a re-rolled RARE ring instead of UNIQUE... :x :-| :cry:
an attempt to convert a rare barbarian ring into unique using

any rare item + gold key + unique chest = unique item

failed, it also gave me a re-rolled rare barbarian ring as a result. :x

I'm afraid that either unique barbarian ring doesn't implemented into the mod (although readme says it exists) , or the game doesn't see it. :cry:

this recipe

unique ring + perfect amethyst + perfect diamond + perfect skull + leader heartstone -> re-rolled unique ring

spawned a RARE ring instead of re-rolling it into another unique. I used Manald Heal unique ring.
Last edited by Dreadlord90 on Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:13 pm

Something to keep in mind when re-rolling for uniques is the char level...if your char isnt high enough level for the item in question, it will spawn a rare.
Last edited by Malachai29 on Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

Dreadlord90
Paladin

Post by Dreadlord90 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:56 pm

[quote=Malachai29";p="299553"]Something to keep in mind when re-rolling for uniques is the char level...if your char isnt high enough level for the item in question, it will spawn a rare.[/quote]

readme says :
You can re-roll certain items to attempt an improvement in their stats. When re-rolling set items and uniques,
(e.g. rings and amulets) it is possible to get a different item than you started with. But the base type will
stay the same, even if it is class jewelry, unless otherwise stated.

Nothing about level. That is strange.

I still wonder about the recipe that convert a rare into unique using key. It MUST give a unique, if a unique exists. This recipe ignores the level requirement of resulting item. It gives a rerolled rare only if there is no such unique item, and this rare receives triple durability (not applicable to rings)... Also, converting many rare rings into one unique didn't have any requirements either.
Last edited by Dreadlord90 on Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:10 pm

Malachai was referring to the hardcoded behavior that gives you a rare item when a unique is attempted, if the particular unique is a higher level than your character level. It so happens the garbage cleanup recipes are supposed to give you any result up to your character level. I do not know the mechanism by which the cube recipes select something from the unique list that fits all constraints, perhaps some results can generate an item which falls in the unique->rare behavior. That would be unfortunate if it is true, but I cannot guard against that without a lot of research. (And any mod using the same technique would see this behavior, not just tfw.)

The green and gold key recipes have similar limitations. You have to be a high-level character to get high-level items.

It looks like I need to add this info to the readme. :oops:
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Mark Twain

Return to “The Fury Within: Ancients & Awakening”