TFW: Awakening alpha2 Bug Reports

Information and updates for TFW: Ancients (D2 v1.09x) and Awakening (D2 v1.10) mods. If you have any questions or suggestions about either mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Myhrginoc, SiLenTx, Deathscythe

intium

Post by intium » Wed May 10, 2006 12:14 am

oooo i played the unmodded game dude! but i din't know know what vanilla was used for,sry! and the ethereal thing, i saw it, but i never knew what it was! :D

Domini Canes
Paladin

Post by Domini Canes » Sun May 14, 2006 3:28 pm

Just installed the latest patch (a2p7).
Assassin lightning traps are working.
Assassin fire traps don't seem to be working, at least not the one below level 30.

Thanks.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: TFW: Awakening alpha2 Bug Reports

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun May 14, 2006 3:48 pm

Thanks for the alert!

All of the skills on the traps page work on my test character, except for Wake of Fire. I'll pass that news to GuyAskingQuestion and we'll see if we can't get to the root of the problem for Patch a2p8.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun May 14, 2006 5:15 pm

Major420";p="270048" wrote:I have come to the conclusion that it wasnt the bow per se. My merc wasnt doing any damage either. I had set it to players 8 when it happened. I changed it to players 1 and went to another location and spawned new monsters where it worked. very odd tho as it has happened twice now. Another bow I had made into a zephyr did the same thing.
I have been absolutely unable to replicate this error. Has anybody had any problem with "fresh" runewords (or for that matter, mercs or any other cause of damage) that appear not to work on already-spawned monsters in /players X where X > 1 ? I did try both of the words you had mentioned, Zephyr and Melody.

Otherwise I would recommend removing and reinstalling the mod (keep your characters) and see if a later patch makes a difference. Patch a2p8 should be out soon, we just need the Wake of Fire fix.
~ Mark Twain
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Major420

Post by Major420 » Mon May 15, 2006 1:59 am

Well it may be some consolation that i havent been able to replicate it myself. I dont know what caused it. Ill call it a fluke if nothing else.
The Hell You Say!!!!

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Mon May 15, 2006 3:33 am

Thanks for the feedback. I'll close this item on the Fix List pending reports of other occurrances.
~ Mark Twain

horan
Paladin

Post by horan » Fri May 19, 2006 4:04 am

for a2p8:

it is still displaying "a2p7" in main menu. when you start a game and using auto-map, it shows fine as "a2p8"...
Last edited by horan on Fri May 19, 2006 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
to be or not to be that is a question...

TFW Network@Hamachi : TFW_Fans#01 / Pass: TFW
TFW Fan Site : tfwfans.googlepages.com

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri May 19, 2006 6:08 am

Of such minor annoyances is life made. <sigh> Thanks for the tip, I uploaded a corrected patch file. No need confusing people who might think I was dreaming I changed it...

Warning

Before somebody reports it as a bug, I better mention it here. Your stat requirements for learning new skills are now base requirements, stat boosts from items no longer count. This was, in fact, the original idea, but I let something slip and players got an unexpected bonus.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Fri May 19, 2006 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Mark Twain

horan
Paladin

Post by horan » Sat May 20, 2006 5:10 am

i've noticed this somehow... thus i have to wait another level to get more stat points to meet the requirement...=_=

GuyAskingQuestion
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by GuyAskingQuestion » Mon May 22, 2006 3:39 pm

Domini Canes";p="270884" wrote:Just installed the latest patch (a2p7).
Assassin lightning traps are working.
Assassin fire traps don't seem to be working, at least not the one below level 30.

Thanks.
Fixed :mrgreen:

Looks like we might have the biggest bugs out of the way for now (Requirements, traps, and lightning arrow missile). Perhaps, it's time for the mercs to get sorted for stable a2p9!
I choose my physician and my clergyman, thus indicating my sense of the quality of their work. By all means, also, choose your modmaker; that is the proper reward of the good modmaker, to be 'chosen.'

Terms of Service:Beginners Guide:TTD:Tech Rant: TFW The Awakening

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue May 23, 2006 1:15 am

If nobody minds waiting a day or so more for the other fixes, I'll float this towards the top of the queue.
~ Mark Twain

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:24 pm

*EDIT* Bug:
1) When my sorc tries to cast blade sentinel obtained via a skill book she disappears and nothing is summoned. Probably caused by animation sequence not available to sorc (and maybe some other classes).
Might be a problem with other spells like blade sentinel.

Very minor bug:
2) Act 3 Lightning Iron Wolf casts the Diablo Bone Prison and the bone prison displays as An evil force, so a string is missing possibly.
Though in this case, An evil force is perfectly the correct description :P
Last edited by mishy23 on Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
{Modding status: Project X}

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:33 pm

1)
It is a problem with the oskill property in general. Every player skill is available as a scroll, and you will find them all if you are persistent. Yes, that means some skills won't work for some classes, and it is quite possible a combination may even lead to a crash. Unless there is a real problem, I don't intend to put any guard in place. There are 630 recipes associated with Books of Skill now, and to make class-specific versions would require multiplying that by seven and weeding out the specific bad skill/class combinations. I will add an advisory to the readme (there was one here but it was never transferred).

2)
Sounds like I ought to leave this one alone! :rotf:
~ Mark Twain

horan
Paladin

Post by horan » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:43 am

with "/players 12", in normal act5, The Ancients' Way, encontered with Stygian Fury (should be, or Succubus?). the god d**n thing casts a Blood Mana (should be) and my lv75 amazon's life goes to 1, permanently...

in left bottom life orb, it displays as 1/1. but in stats page, it displays as 1/32xxx (can't remember, the original number should be something around 5xx). however, after i restart the game the stats page also displays as 1/1.....

hell stuck there...=___=

more info:
left skill:lv3x poison arrow (+1 from book)
right skill: lv2 bless aim (book)
with Valkyrie, no hireling or summonings
Last edited by horan on Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:58 am

That is a new one on me, I haven't seen anything of the like. I'll add it to the fix list. The /players X should not be a factor, as monster skill potencies and player stats were not part of my custom routines.

EDIT - removed from fix list, error solved by user as described below.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Mark Twain

horan
Paladin

Post by horan » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:51 am

however, i firgure out the solution:
remove all the items from character, then save and restart the game.
the life will go back to 1/xxx, then just talk to your grandma...

(actually, i was trying to use hex editor to fix the life problem. thus i removed everything to see the basic numbers. before i was going to do anything, the problem fixed itself...still some hidden bugs inside items i guess?)

bugs(maybe):
1)summonings from book will disappear when character goes level-up...
2)"/players X" does NOT affect hirelings. (or still slow hirelings leveling-up in a2p10/11?)
3)(i really don't wanna mention this one...:( ) the aura will still work after the book of "meditation" removed from inventory

question:
does the ama skill "poison arrow" (original "cold arrow") ONLY DO the posion dmg as the description, or ADD the poison dmg to the normal dmg?
however, in the stats page, it shows only the poison dmg. (later one i hope)

suggestion:
if it possible make the "leather cover" text color the same as scrolls. (often miss it around "leather armor", "leather cap" stuff)
Last edited by horan on Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:57 pm

There is a decrepancy between plugys stat display and skill description in my game.
I have Warmth leveled to where it says grants +220% mana regen,
I also have a staff that grants +20%, and the stat page displays +202%,
if I remove the staff it lowers to +182% mana regen.

Is this a bug or is the mod set up so that warmth does not get bonuses from +skills? I do have 2 +1 all fire skill items.

Or is warmths description not corresponding with its actual bonuses.

Also I was gonna make the same statement about the leather covers in the ideas thread but since its here, I agree I really would like a way for the leather covers to stand out, I couldnt find any for the longest time then realized I was just mistaking them for leather armor and such.

Also is it just very bad luck, or are blacksmith hammers super rare.
I have found one my entire playing time so far, all those champion stones are waiting around for the hammer so I can make some sockets ;)
Yet at the same time I have 10 or more of all the rarer crafting items like mushrooms, wolfskins, oils, etc...

too bad about the skill issues, i was looking forward to throwing some ninja stars with my sorc, oh well...
Still having tons of fun.
-mishy23

TheFallenAngel
Paladin
Germany

Post by TheFallenAngel » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:23 pm

my comments on some of the 'finding problems'
mishy23";p="273352" wrote:Also I was gonna make the same statement about the leather covers in the ideas thread but since its here, I agree I really would like a way for the leather covers to stand out, I couldnt find any for the longest time then realized I was just mistaking them for leather armor and such.
i have no problems to find or to 'discover' leather covers, made more then 30 books in the cube so far (in the beginning), but i noticed that the additional stats are not so good, in my opinion and for me of course, so i stopped cubing scrolls wicth covers and have now again more then 30 covers unused and waiting
and if u get used to look for the name 'cover' (and not for 'leather') u will see them more easily i think (they have to drop of course^^), my opinion of course
mishy23";p="273352" wrote:Also is it just very bad luck, or are blacksmith hammers super rare.
I have found one my entire playing time so far, all those champion stones are waiting around for the hammer so I can make some sockets ;)
Yet at the same time I have 10 or more of all the rarer crafting items like mushrooms, wolfskins, oils, etc...
again, my opinion - the blacksmith hammers and the scarabs are the rarest special items in the game, i found also not 10 of them in my intire playtime, my bowazon is 97 now, but i had 7 or 8 hammers so far - and thats ok for me
adding 3 or more sockets to rare, set and/or unique items should be sumtin very special and expensive and not to easily to obtain

but of course 1 hammer so far sounds very rare, sorry for u and i wish u more luck in the future!

wolkskins, oils, rocks, mushrooms a.s.o. i found more then 30 of each so far - but have no use of it^^
i only used some champion/leader heartstones and ceramic and the other pots so far
mishy23";p="273352" wrote:Still having tons of fun.
yes, yes and yes again!!!
the mod is so incredible nice, brought me back to d2 after playin 2 months silkroadonline with no break - thx a lot Myhrginoc for ur conversion and additional work so far!!!
Last edited by TheFallenAngel on Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

... he became a corrupt shadow of his former self -
a fallen angel, trusted neither by heaven nor hell ...

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:20 pm

TCX needed some tweaks in any case. The next patch is going to yield fewer items in general, and I hope more useful items. Here is a partial list of upcoming changes:
  1. Max_Item cut from 9 to 7 (vanilla = 6)
  2. significantly reduce gold drops, they are out of hand once you get past the middle of Anger Arising.
  3. slightly increase the chances for blacksmith hammers and scarabs. They will still be quite rare.
  4. reduce the chances for champion and leader heartstones. They were extremely rare in TFW: Ancients (maybe I was extremely unlucky). I have a very large collection in my test characters' shared stash.
  5. reduce the chance for virgin Sigils.
  6. significantly reduce chances for potions (to compensate for the Max_Item reduction).
  7. Leather Covers get the same text color as scrolls. I agree, they are a pain to find in a cluttered field of spoils.
I should also add a few more "garbage collection" recipes for those piles of reagents that don't have many cube recipes. I don't believe I added any crafting recipes (except fury gems into crafted items) --- the paucity of uses comes from the original list. It might take me a patch or two more to come up with some good ones. In particular, they should be recipes that don't overlap something other items already do. I am certainly open to reasonable suggestions!
~ Mark Twain

horan
Paladin

Post by horan » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:26 pm

real reason of "life problem" finally came to surface:
somehow, i managed to have TWO "Sigil of Achievement" (10k) in normal difficulty.

i know that only one should be allowed, supposed. i just found another blank sigil, and cubed it via the recipe, and it gave me the second 10k sigil)

they work perfectly before the accident. but now when i put on the second 10k sigil, life will go to 1...when i drop the second sigil, i can't pick it up again.
Last edited by horan on Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:41 pm

That's not a bug, it's a feature! :P :roll: :mrgreen: Sigils are supposed to work that way. Cube recipe processing doesn't know about other objects in your inventory, just the ones in the Cube. So I used tsuru's technique for making true uniques, hence the life penalty. By the way, they are the source of those "Invalid questinfo for item" messages in your debug file, because I used a non-standard quest ID to get the "cannot pick up a second one" effect. (Someday I might do something about that, along with those duplicate and non-linking string errors.)
horan" wrote:bugs(maybe):
1)summonings from book will disappear when character goes level-up...
2)"/players X" does NOT affect hirelings. (or still slow hirelings leveling-up in a2p10/11?)
3)(i really don't wanna mention this one...:( ) the aura will still work after the book of "meditation" removed from inventory

question:
does the ama skill "poison arrow" (original "cold arrow") ONLY DO the posion dmg as the description, or ADD the poison dmg to the normal dmg?
however, in the stats page, it shows only the poison dmg. (later one i hope)
mishy23" wrote:There is a decrepancy between plugys stat display and skill description in my game.
I have Warmth leveled to where it says grants +220% mana regen,
I also have a staff that grants +20%, and the stat page displays +202%,
if I remove the staff it lowers to +182% mana regen.

Is this a bug or is the mod set up so that warmth does not get bonuses from +skills? I do have 2 +1 all fire skill items.

Or is warmths description not corresponding with its actual bonuses.
The summons from charms should work the same as they do in Zy-El, even through a level-up, unless this is a bug from patch 1.10. It has been a while since I played Zy-El, but I don't remember this happening in that mod. It might be a faulty state assignment.

The skills issues I will have to defer to my colleague GuyAskingQuestion. If we were limited to my scanty knowledge about skills, states, missiles and even scantier knowledge of skill descriptions, the mod would not be anywhere close to this far along.

Are you talking about hireling stats, or the experience received by hirelings, when /players X is used? Hireling stats are not affected by /players X. I have done nothing to the /players X mechanics with regard to experience, all my changes occur at monster creation. If you have patch a2p9+, you should be seeing better hireling level-ups, as they now use the same experience table players do (with another factor specific to each hireling type). But they will still level slowly if their level doesn't match monster level somewhat closely, just like your characters will.

Is it just meditation, or have you seen it with other book-enabled auras?
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~ Mark Twain

horan
Paladin

Post by horan » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:56 pm

for book aura problem, just meditation....so far...

about the sigil:
i guess i misunderstood the "+1 to reward restricton" attr.
i put it as "you can have one more the same sigil". however the second sigil works fine for a time...

about the "poison skill":
i thought it was only a minor problem of displaying.
'cause when i can see fire/lightening/cold effects while shooting (added from charms)
also, in skill description, it says "ADDing poison dmg in it".
the basic dmg may just fail to display in stats page, hopefully ^_^

about hireling:
i guess i just cant wait for leveling-up, thus game with "/players x".
it's doesn't mean much to me since the existence of our powerful valk.

dmoogle

Post by dmoogle » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:23 am

EDIT: Never mind, somebody already mentioned it.

This is actually a good bug (for the player), but I'm sure it's not intended.

(On my Paladin) if I equip an item with an aura that my character doesn't know and increases stats (in this case Holy Fire), then put on that aura, then take the item off, I still get the stat bonuses and the Holy Fire graphic.

Explained another way: I equip item with Holy Fire (let's say +10-12 damage, and 0-2 damage to nearby monsters), I activate Holy Fire, then take the item off. I change to aura "Prayer", and now have both auras (but only the +10-12 damage bonus, not the 0-2 damage to nearby monsters).

Strange bug...
Last edited by dmoogle on Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:25 am

Patch a2p12 is out! All the fixes mentioned here, plus a little bonus in the game information at upper right. This will probably be my last release before I go away for a couple of weeks. I will be back on the 18th, and the next patch might be a few days or so later (depending on how much we accomplish).
~ Mark Twain

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:50 pm

Verified cause of warmth bug, it does not increase with +to skill items,
if i remove my +1 to fire skills item and my +1 to all skills items, the display in stat screen matches the skill description.
Re-equiping my two skill items, increases skill on skill page, but according to stat screen it has not been increased, even if I change acts, relog, wait for a while. So either the bug is in warmth not increasing with +skill items OR plugy display is bugged, but from what I hear it reads the actual game stored values so it should always be accurate.

Also about the currently being discussed Aura bug,
This is part of vanilla AND its not really a bug.
I remember doing this on bnet when playing 1.10 a long time ago.
From my experiences you have the aura equiped even when item is removed BUT The aura is updated every 'aura tick' so while the aura is sticking to all targets and the state is displayed the skill is calculated at level 0, this still grants some bonuses sometimes.

For your meditation check the plugy stat page on your character and see what it says you are getting for a bonus for mana regeneration.
If its 0 then the aura is granting no bonus just still being stuck on til you change our skill selection. Otherwise my best guess is it will display +100% or possibly -100%, if the ln34 line is calculating the bonus based on it being level 0.

Have a great time on vacation Myr, see you in a few weeks.

Return to “The Fury Within: Ancients & Awakening”