Once it was Dead

Information and updates for TFW: Ancients (D2 v1.09x) and Awakening (D2 v1.10) mods. If you have any questions or suggestions about either mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: Myhrginoc, SiLenTx, Deathscythe

danemanuelk

Re: Once it was Dead

Post by danemanuelk » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:48 am

@Myhrginoc
Myhrginoc wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:14 am
It isn't D2SE, it is non-standard patching of old software on Windows 10
Like I sad before I am just a player (I don't understand what is what in modding :) ) I still use win 7 (my hardware easily support win10) but I play Diablo 2 mods and Baldur's Gate mods so I feel more comfortable with win 7.

Regarding the difficulties you encounter I don't know what advice to give :( Maybe the community of moders is able to help you (@Necrolis seems to follow your work and give advises). From my side all I can do is to wish luck and patience :roll: sorry is little .... but when your mod will be releasable I will play with great pleasure :twisted:

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:51 am

Yes, I do have some much appreciated expert assistance! We'll get through this, then I can go back to ironing out the actual mod problems and finishing the long-awaited features. Elder beware!

Just a heads up, I got wind of a trip I'll need to take, could be any day. I figure the DLL mess will take some time to work through, as Necrolis posted there are land mines just by nature of working in Windows 10 with new tools, something this hobby coder gets to find out the hard way. Or it could be one or two Visual Studio settings away...
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

danemanuelk

Post by danemanuelk » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:51 am

Myhrginoc wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:51 am
Yes, I do have some much appreciated expert assistance! We'll get through this, then I can go back to ironing out the actual mod problems and finishing the long-awaited features. Elder beware!
That is indeed a good news :)

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:54 pm

After a month, no visible changes. I am rebuilding more code than expected, this is not quick work. Code rebuild is about half done, but I have the worst parts completed (I think).
~ Mark Twain
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

danemanuelk

Post by danemanuelk » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:24 pm

That it man :-| I am not complain ... you make the hard work :) I am very happy thou you not abandon ... so slowly TFW Awakening will reemerge :twisted:

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:09 am

Where the heck has he been???     It occurred to me that I have been missing in action longer than I ever expected. Apologies to any and all for a much slower re-emergence for this mod!

<rant><whine>I would like to say I have been coding, but we had a big dust-up in the non-digital world and that has sucked up a lot of bandwidth. Never let anybody tell you the law is no deterrent, if is wasn't I would have been seriously medieval on somebody's ass. Forecast is cloudy until the end of the year, because I need a certain level of calm to code effectively. Can't load the mod and debug other stuff until the code is cleaned up.</whine></rant>
~ Mark Twain

Texalic
Paladin

Post by Texalic » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:50 am

Take all the time you need. :rightthumb:

BunnyM

Post by BunnyM » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:38 pm

Myhrginoc wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:09 am
Never let anybody tell you the law is no deterrent, if is wasn't I would have been seriously medieval on somebody's ass.
Hey, it takes as long as it takes, based on your available free time and levels of stress. For values of <stress> that include <The nigh irresistible desire to choke the ever-living **** out of some ******** that richly deserves it>.

Good luck, and if a certain person or people should have unfortunate experiences, well, clearly that couldn't have been you, you were somewhere else entirely at the time, chatting with folks on here. :lol:

Return to “The Fury Within: Ancients & Awakening”