Book of Ressurection

Information and updates for Middle Earth and all other mods created by Varaya and Khan. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Khan

Éowyn
Forum Regular
Angel

Book of Ressurection

Post by Éowyn » Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:16 pm

Is it possible to complete this book ?
Because Blizzard planed it but havn't finished it.
Has someone managed to finish it or is this not possible ?
May the force be with you, always!

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: Book of Ressurection

Post by Myhrginoc » Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:40 am

Is it possible? Probably. Is it likely? Probably not, you need scrolls of resurrection to put in the book of resurrection (if it is to work the same way as the other two). And there would be a bunch of code editing, because Books.txt isn't the whole story. I know somebody was looking at that file, but we never heard back afterwards.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Éowyn
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Éowyn » Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:34 am

Yes I know that in the end all this is about the scrolls.
But in my opinion it would be nice if you had the option to be ressurected by a teammember in a MP-game and by doing this not loosing xp or gold. Sure there will be the option to be ressurected by pressing esc, but you will loose gold and xp then. (like it is in Neverwinter Nights)

SP will be a problem, because you don't have someone who can ressurect you. Maybe a priest will arrive then an you can choose between paying him to ressurect you or loosing xp and gold by pressing esc.

What a dreaming... All this wouldn't be possible in D2 or simply too much work :-|

Khan
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Khan » Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:39 pm

Point 1:
Blizzard won't do that

Point 2:
In some mods and definitely in MEmod you never lose XPs

even though I think it would be a nice touch if players would be able to help dead teammates and ressurect them, it's pretty much the same if they just set up a townportal and don't step on their money :)

Éowyn
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Éowyn » Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:43 am

It would take a little haste out of the game... I hate it if someone dies and 2 secs later the whole screen is filled with

TP
TP

etc

But most of these people are playing on the realms only I think.

And it would remind me of BG2 where you were really dead or transformed to stone if another player from your party didn't have the right spell or scroll, sure there where situations where even that could't halp anymore ;)

Jonaleth Irenicus
Champion of the Light

Post by Jonaleth Irenicus » Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:08 pm

I would think no ME Mod player would be a spammer, the majority of spammers don't play mods and hang on Bnet and Realms.

I don't think anyone would bother to carry around resurrection tomes/scrolls, since sending a TP serves pretty much the same purpose.

In BG2, stoned PCs can be shattered if they are hit, which is SO EVIL
:)
This is a portrait of what has happened and what my happen. Do you cling to the past or can you see through the pain? You feel the potential within, do you not? Will you cringe from what you know and want, what you can take as your own? Afterall, it is you who has brought us into the dream. Nothing is real... Yet...

Drackin
Retired staff
Champion of the Light

Post by Drackin » Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:12 pm

well, if you stopped tp books/scrolls from being dropped or sold, then you would have a real purpose for a scroll/book of ressurection
WARNING: Prolonged exposure to modding may cause temporary insanity and include sexual side effects, IE/ The lack thereof.

Khan
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Khan » Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:20 pm

actually I would make townportal an inherent skill of all players. Maybe even identify at a cost of say 25 mana you couldn't identify all the time and the "wisdom" characters had a fitting advantage ("body" characters could have the inherent first aid (=ressurect) ability at the cost of there own life.

But I am just tossing thoughts around, this is code changes and with this patch there's too much to do even without dll editing.

Éowyn
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Éowyn » Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:14 am

What woul be also a usefull use for these scrolls (;

Beeing able to ressurect your Merc when he/she died during a fight with an LEB :mrgreen:

Khan
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Khan » Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:02 pm

very true!

Éowyn
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Éowyn » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:45 pm