D2x v1.10 up now!

Information and updates for Middle Earth and all other mods created by Varaya and Khan. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here.

Moderator: Khan

Vi[Per]

D2x v1.10 up now!

Post by Vi[Per] » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:19 pm

It would seem Blizzard finally released 1.10, according to the forums, no official word yet!! 8-O

If so, how long untill we can expect a workable version of the mod?

IronDeath
Paladin

Re: D2x v1.10 up now!

Post by IronDeath » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:25 pm

Patch is out, GF posted the announcement some minutes ago.

Since i don't want to download the patch until ME 1.09 comes out i would be happy if someone who downloaded the patch could post the patch readme since battle.net, blizzard.com or arreat summit will be definately down for a while.

Thanks in advance, and happy modding *g

Khan
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Khan » Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:43 am

wow bad timing :)
We just finished version 1.9 of the mod (since we had to remake the site due to the host changes of Phrozenkeep we decided to not put up the old 1.8 version but our current working version (1.9).

Looks like we have to work on a conversion now and mod 1.9 will only be up for a few days.

Now I wonder how difficult the conversion to 1.10 will be and how many bugs we will have in it hehe. Anyway, it's good 1.10 finally came - more work but more fun too I guess ;)

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:13 am

I know you were particularly concerned about the number of different monsters you could have in each game level. As with the beta files, Blizzard did not include the 45 missing fields in Levels.txt (mon11-mon25, etc.), but you can add them. The code is there to load the missing fields into the game.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Khan
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Khan » Wed Oct 29, 2003 2:57 pm

Yes that was giving me a headache until I read the other thread and I am delighted that I can just add them. Will do so rightaway as the converting will begin just now :)

I hope you have some in depth "how to convert monstats.txt 1.09 to monstats/monstats2.txt 1.10"... that will be something I do last. after I converted the easy stuff (charstats, prefix, suffix, armor, weapons etc.)

wish me luck ;)

Jonaleth Irenicus
Champion of the Light

Post by Jonaleth Irenicus » Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:14 pm

BAH!

For all the {filtered} I did about 1.10 coming out, you'd expect me to reply to this message sooner. Unfortunately, all I have left to say about 1.10 is simply: BAH!

Me brother's been playing it for a day or so, and he says there are "Andy Kill" games and all here and there. I may log on to bnet just to see that, but right now I have so many exams I hardly have enough time to get here and look at the messages.

I'm sure the second release of the ME Mod after this 1.10 patch will be a blast, especially if you can get to play around with the new potentials of the game. I do not know if I will even be playing D2 before that (I think I am giving it up).
This is a portrait of what has happened and what my happen. Do you cling to the past or can you see through the pain? You feel the potential within, do you not? Will you cringe from what you know and want, what you can take as your own? Afterall, it is you who has brought us into the dream. Nothing is real... Yet...

Elessar
Paladin

Post by Elessar » Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:53 pm

I think blizzard did this on purpose :) Come on, ME mod version 1.10 for patch 1.10? A little fishy if you ask me :cool:

Btw, from what they say, any skill can be applied to any character.

Take care and good luck :samurai:
Elessar
I have this to say,.. No enemy has yet taken the Hornburg."
- "Helm's Deep" The Two Towers

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:48 am

Depending on how familiar you are with your changes to [1.09x]monstats.txt, you might need to do this in several steps using MS Excel.

1) Load your modded 1.09 file and a clean 1.09 file and have Excel compare them. The highlighted cells are the ones you want to change.

2) Use the File Guides to determine whether each field you had changed in 1.09x keeps the same header name or has a new one in the 1.10 files.

3) Load [1.10]Monstats and [1.10]Monstats2. For each changed field, copy the data from your modded file to the appropriate location in the corresponding 1.10 file field. Where you have contiguous blocks of changed data, you can paste the block over. I don't think Blizzard changed the row order of Monstats, but watch out for that.

This might seem burdensome, but it may be a bit faster than re-entering each field by hand.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Khan
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Khan » Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:27 pm

Huh? I thought they changed how monstats works completely? Read something about monlvl giving the stats for a monster of a given level and monstats2 modifiying these values individually or something.

Well I will see it today. Most of the harmless txts are converted (setitems was a killer) and now for the hard stuff:

uniqueitems.txt
skills.txt
monstats.txt
levels.txt

We'll see if that takes one day in a whole or one day for each txt :D

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:16 am

Uniqueitems is pretty easy... good luck with Skills.txt though. :roll:

If you want to be "cheap" you can just ignore all that auto-scaling gibberish... make sure TC auto-scaling is off or you don't have group/levels specified for your TCs, and just put in "100" for all the columns in monstat.txt, that should make them use 100% for all the values, IE exactly what is in monstats.txt no matter their level...

Khan
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Khan » Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:03 am

Cheap? Great! I like cheap :P
Skills.txt did indeed not look that difficult. Some skills still don't want to work like in the mod of 1.09 (whirlwind cannot be restricted to 1 handed weapons, some skills insist on having synergies which I removed, skills like magic arrow want to have other boni which they don't need in the mod...)
Looks like a closer look in skilldesc and missiles must be done but overall I am pretty content with how smooth it goes.

Just monstats, levels and of course the rebellious skills of skills.txt to be done.

The biggest hurdle was taken this afternoon when the game didn't crash on me when trying to start and behold all items worked great (apart from the occasional "an evil force" because patchstring has to be done yet).

I would say the mod (as it was in 1.09) is ready to be tested by the weekend and then we can go to the fun part of seeing what can be done with the new options.

Oh btw WHERE IS MONTYPE.TXT??

Return to “V&K Mods”