Immersion

This forum allows mod makers with projects in the beginning stages to showcase their mod.
DavidB111
Paladin

Post by DavidB111 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:07 pm

I try, and I try, but it seems like I can't get my words across.
That is is the font I see, and it is ugly. It doesn't scale at all, and I don't know why you had to change it at all. Sometimes I can barely read what's on the ground. And look at the character sheet, the numbers are horribly done. I'm sorry, but I can't see well at all with this new fond. I beg of you, please tell me how to switch it back to the normal Diablo II fond. I can barely even read items I pick up. They are all squished. :(

Please, I beg of you. Help me out here. Or playing it will be about as easy as coding LISP. :)

Damn it, I can barely post on this forum any more. It's just so laggy! I double post almost all the time because it's so laggy? How can no else have this problem?

Played a little bit more, my heads hurts a little, but it is kind of a cool mod. I don't know why you gave everything but hungry dead 85% chance to block, but. :) No, really, they're the only thing I can actually hit with 95% chance to hit. I don't know why everyone loves to increase monster block percentage because it makes it harder to kill them. :)
Last edited by DavidB111 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I am a Golden God!"

"You know, you're a real pain, I can't wait to get you down here."
"Um, well, with all due respect, I'm not a murdering warlord, I'm a member of the fifth estate!"
"Like I said, I can't wait to get you down here."
Lucifer to Nigel, on You are There, Season 6, Xena

Demon9ne
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Demon9ne » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:31 pm

To run the game with the old font you need to extract the font folder (data\local\font\latin\*) out of d2data.mpq with WinMPQ and into your d2 folder. Then you need to run the game with the command line parameters "-direct -txt" and it should be legible to you again.

And to post on this forum you need up to 30 seconds worth of patience after hitting the post button.

DavidB111
Paladin

Post by DavidB111 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:36 pm

Ah, thank you, also, thank you letting me know I'm not the only one with insane lag when posting on this forum. :)

Damn it, I did what you told me, and then it crashed when loading my character, something about ptstats=null. Damnit.
FILE: D2Common\DATATBLS\ItemTbls.cpp LINE: 2008 --------

Assertion Failure
Expression : ptItemStats != NULL

Now what do I have to do?

Also, are belts supposed to be useless? :) Seriously, you don't need to keep increasing the difficulty of the mod you know.
so, Heavy Belts have 2. I assume Demonhide sashes will have 3, and Arachned ones will have the normal 4? Just wondering, or should I just go huh?

Hmm, Griswold said I had a 95% to hit him, and yet he seemed to dodge the animation or the attack itself somehow.
Last edited by DavidB111 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I am a Golden God!"

"Um, well, with all due respect, I'm not a murdering warlord, I'm a member of the fifth estate!"

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Re: Immersion

Post by the_bogan » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:46 pm

Sorry for not being clearer. What I meant was at level 2, I am able to equip Katanas with +2 to bladestorm, and wipe out pretty much everything on the map. (As long as my mana doesn't run out)

Maliciant

Post by Maliciant » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:30 pm

I deal with the souls issue the same way as you, my cube and soul sphere are always in my inv, when I get the 'inv full' message I cram souls in to the cube and transmute... there are a lot of other items that drop that in many mods I'd pick up but this one pretty much, even in act 1 if it's not rare or better I ignore it (unless it's a new char with absolutely nothing to wear yet... class items, rings, amulets and charms I also always pick up).

On mercs... The act 1 mercs seem OK, though I don't like them much myself... and the act 3 mercs... well, they survive pretty well but they do next to no damage with their attacks.

On plugy, it's distributed with instructions on how to disable various features, and includes a note that it's generally recommended that you leave it up to the player on how they choose to play the game, due to the way D2 works and the way that this mod uses an energy system, if you disable skill reallocation you force us to play using a very limitted set of skills or just regular attacks until you can get enough energy to get the skills you want, without wasting time on other skills, that may be acceptable in a very polished finished mod, but immersion isn't at that level yet, I'm NOT going to run around smacking monsters to death on my sorc with normal attacks for the first 15 or so levels to get frozen orb... also it allows us to experiment with various new skills. I will admit in terms of challenge being able to re-alloc skills and stats is a HUGE advantage, but I just don't think I'd want to play a mod without it (unless the mod made it unnecessary such as when the mod allows purchasing skill points/finding them somehow or has a ridiculous level cap that allows you to eventually get all the skills if you want etc). It's your mod but if you want people to play it, don't force us to play in a tedious fashion. Skills from items are fairly rare in this mod or don't start showing up until later so the old vanilla stand by of pumping warmth on a sorc and buying a staff with the best lvl 1/6/12/etc skill until you reach the level you need to start pumping your real skill isn't as viable here.

On to the energy for skills thing... I like it, but there is a pretty big flaw too, it's very unbalanced at this point, barbarians should NOT have to sacrifice so much into energy to reach their higher level skills, while sorcs and others who actually need the energy stat can just pump away... could we go with a total combined stats approach as well? Say level 1 skills require something like 50 - 60 points (not sure how many points each char starts with) but each tier costs about 30 more points total. Also of course once you hit the energy requirement you can max a skill, the requirement doesn't inrease based on points placed in the skill, I think it probably should, I don't know if it's a technical issue. I would definitely not recommend making it so that barb's or any other non-energy class have to put more points in than they do already for energy, it'd just be a more extreme version of the current problem... so really the inreased requirement as you put points into a skill is only viable if you change the costs of various skills dependant on the class in some way (I really like the combined stats method). I'm not a fan of being able to temporarily boost stats to buy skills but I'm not against it, just a bit of the flavor of this particular mod there.

Sorry this is long, keep up the good work, there's no where near enough active mod development going on these days for d2 and sadly no other game out there that does it for me the way d2 has (I'll say titan quest was good but the mods were a lot like dungeon siege... the same boring vanilla jive with no real game play variety).

DreamworldUC

Post by DreamworldUC » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:23 pm

Demon9ne";p="409689" wrote: DreamworldUC -

In my experience with mercenaries (in vanilla or any mod) they're either dead or alive and not much in between. I'd really like it if I could make their health bar longer, but it's not possible. In Immersion they are significantly better (see the hirelings page in the docu) including faster movement speed, new skills, a better statistical progression, and lower resurrection costs. You can further augment their stats by filling their equipment slots with mercenary-only runes.

Try a merc from an Act besides 2 and tell me how it pans out. I've thought about replacing their auras with different skills, but it's not being true to the original (something I try to do when possible) and I don't think it would make people very happy either. I'm always interested in feedback and suggestions on things like this.
Alright I will try and let you know =] Probably going to go act 3. I will let you know in awhile how its going.

Demon9ne
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Demon9ne » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:31 pm

DavidB111";p="409701" wrote:Ah, thank you, also, thank you letting me know I'm not the only one with insane lag when posting on this forum. :)

Damn it, I did what you told me, and then it crashed when loading my character, something about ptstats=null. Damnit.
FILE: D2Common\DATATBLS\ItemTbls.cpp LINE: 2008 --------

Assertion Failure
Expression : ptItemStats != NULL

Now what do I have to do?

Also, are belts supposed to be useless? :) Seriously, you don't need to keep increasing the difficulty of the mod you know.
so, Heavy Belts have 2. I assume Demonhide sashes will have 3, and Arachned ones will have the normal 4? Just wondering, or should I just go huh?

Hmm, Griswold said I had a 95% to hit him, and yet he seemed to dodge the animation or the attack itself somehow.
After some research, it would appear that this error has nothing to do with the font. I tried and had no problems. At this point I'd have to guess you're running a program you haven't yet mentioned.

Basic belts have 2 rows, exceptional have 3, elite have 4. I haven't touched Griswold yet - enemies all over the game are able to dodge attacks.
the_bogan";p="409711" wrote:Sorry for not being clearer. What I meant was at level 2, I am able to equip shurikens with +2 to bladestorm, and wipe out pretty much everything on the map. (As long as my mana doesn't run out)
I knew what you meant. :) It's taken care of next patch.
Maliciant";p="409717" wrote:On to the energy for skills thing... I like it, but there is a pretty big flaw too, it's very unbalanced at this point, barbarians should NOT have to sacrifice so much into energy to reach their higher level skills, while sorcs and others who actually need the energy stat can just pump away... could we go with a total combined stats approach as well? Say level 1 skills require something like 50 - 60 points (not sure how many points each char starts with) but each tier costs about 30 more points total. Also of course once you hit the energy requirement you can max a skill, the requirement doesn't inrease based on points placed in the skill, I think it probably should, I don't know if it's a technical issue. I would definitely not recommend making it so that barb's or any other non-energy class have to put more points in than they do already for energy, it'd just be a more extreme version of the current problem... so really the inreased requirement as you put points into a skill is only viable if you change the costs of various skills dependant on the class in some way (I really like the combined stats method). I'm not a fan of being able to temporarily boost stats to buy skills but I'm not against it, just a bit of the flavor of this particular mod there.
If I read what you said correctly, then I agree about PlugY, but understand that it's a pain to figure it in sometimes when I'm adding new features. (For instance, it's very aggravating that pulling skill points out of Pledges will result in point loss and even more aggravating that many will think it's an Immersion bug when it's a PlugY bug.)

About Energy Req. skills... while your opinion is that Barbs should not have to sacrifice many points into energy, my opinion is that it is better because barbs have to sacrifice points into energy. Str/Dex/Vit/Enr are primary attributes, and thus should matter for every class. And if you take a look at vanilla LoD, Energy doesn't matter if you're playing a Barb at all. You're right about Sorcs being able to just pump skill points into Energy. That's a benefit to playing a sorc, much like having the Strength to wear heavy armor or temper weapons is a benefit to Barbs.

What I'm trying to say is that for Barbarians now every stat matters. If you take a Pledge skill, that mana and stamina will translate into brutality. And for the time being (because I haven't gotten around to messing with the affix tables) you can equip +Energy items to buy higher tier skills.

Sing_in_silence

Post by Sing_in_silence » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:47 am

Did you know that:
Combat Shrine's bonus affects Smite? ( :!: )
Retribution('s +%max damage) also affects Smite? ( :twisted: )

Short version: Is Blood Shield an MDR bonus for duration?
If not, then something's wrong.

TL;DR version:
I've been testing Blood Shield.
I read the description. I asked and you answered. I thought I knew what it does.

I thought it's supposed to be an 'magical damage' Bone Armor clone? (read: Cyclone Armor (read: absorbs X magical damage, then 'despawns'?))
It isn't.

Against an Inner Cloister Fallen Shaman = invulnerability for duration.
(I stood and tanked ~40 landed hits (which is at *least* 2-4 fire damage a hit) without the BS despawning before I gave up.)

Against an <the SuperUnique guarding the Inner Cloister> = invulnerability for duration.
(I stood and tanked ~60 landed hits (single projectile) without the BS despawning before I gave up.)

Ooookay.

Maybe I'm just not taking anough damage?
-act 5, find Dak Farren (or whatever the Demon Imp SuperUnique's name is) and his coterie.
I get chilled. Aside from that I take absolutely no damage.

So it isn't Cyclone Armor. Okay.

Well, I'd asked about it, and you'd answered, so I went back to that:
Demon9ne";p="409026" wrote:Blood Shield is Bone Armor, except MDR - yup.
Well, if it doesn't mean what I think it means, how else can I read that?

Either it's a flat MDR for duration* (because it doesn't cancel) (in which case, do I need to scream 'Overpowered'?), or I read it right the first time, and it's bugged.

* Which is possible.
The Fallen Shamans don't do 15 damage a hit.
The Inner Cloister SU might, but idk.
Likewise Dak Farren and gang. (But is it possible that they do less then 15 damage per shot?)

Incidentally, are the I.C. SU's single bolts supposed to do physical damage too?
I noticed that they are blockable, as well as stripping me of my Bone Armor.

Edit:
'Aurora' Ort-Ul-El-Eth-Ith does not work in a Great Maul (Which I assume is a mace rather then a club?)

Edit2:
From the bundled Runeword list:
Myriad Boots, Gloves, Belt, Helm, Body Armor, Staff Io-Lum-Ko-Fal
Okay, so this RW is supposed to go in all armor-bits.
That said... A 4 socket belt?
Last edited by Sing_in_silence on Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DreamworldUC

Post by DreamworldUC » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:06 am

Was testing a couple new skills also....

Passive Natural Armor Mastery (druid) - Works however may be underused due to the lack of good leather armor versus steel.

Passive Steel Armor Mastery (paladin) - Did absolutely nothing to ranged nor melee. Had defense of around 250 with just armor on and after putting in 5 points it didnt do anything at all.

Passive Shield Mastery (paladin) - The description reads that it blocks against ranged, magic, ect.

- BEFORE: Nothing but a shield on, my defense is 10. Quill rats have a 10% chance to hit me I have an 18% chance to block. Quill rats hit me every time, and do between 2-4 dmg. around 30 hits to bring my health down a good number.

- Put 8 points into shield mastery, defense still same and %chance to block still the same. (ranged attacking quill rats.) Chance to block should have sat up around 26-29. (didnt add stats at all).

- AFTER: Tested on same quill rats, still got hit everytime doing the same 2-4 dmg. around 30-35 hits once again to bring my health down good (equal amount as before around 75% heath gone)

So you might need to check and see.
Either its not working at all or its not showing up and its very weak.

As for the act 3 merc.... workin on it =] lvl 30 cold merc. and still dies in act 3-5 normal. (with decent gear)

Demon9ne
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Demon9ne » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:34 am

On mercs... I'm wondering what the most desirable aura is on Act 2 hirelings? If I knew that, it would do some good in adjusting their stats to keep them alive better. Although I can already hear in the future "This mod is too easy. My merc doesn't ever even die."

Natural Armor Mastery, Steel Armor Mastery, and Shield Mastery are, as I said before, are likely to be rebuilt before 1.04c.

After looking at Blood Shield, I'm convinced it's wonky too. It'll get a touch-up.

And I'm going to go out on a limb and also guess that Orb Mastery and Amazon Spear Mastery are goofy too, as they work similarly to the other three above. These are likely to disappear altogether. I'm not entirely sure yet.

The Aurora runeword only works with Maces. That is Mace, Morning Star, Flail, and their exceptional/elite equivalents.

The Myriad runeword in a belt... that's a typo in the docu.
Last edited by Demon9ne on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sing_in_silence

Post by Sing_in_silence » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:17 am

Sing_in_silence";p="409744" wrote:Re: Blood Shield.
Either it's a flat MDR for duration* (because it doesn't cancel) (in which case, do I need to scream 'Overpowered')
Clarification:
It's not the ability itself that's overpowered.
It's the fact that it's balanced under the assumption that it cancels.

But it doesn't and this wasn't taken into consideration, so the amount reduced is *way* too high for it as it currently is.

Re: 'Aurora'.
Oh, oops.
Got it.

Re: Orb Mastery.
The '+Life/Mana on kill' work.

I don't know how to verify ingame about the %absorb.
PlugY shows double the % shown in the skilldesc (read: slvl 20 = 20% absorb, PlugY lists as 40%).

Edit: Incidentally, I'm using the PlugY pages from Median.
There are several modifiers that don't exist (and so show as blank lines. Haven't gotten around to cleaning it up yet.), but it gives much more detail then the default.)

Re: Spear Mastery.
IAS bonus works (and is listed in PlugY).
Uninterruptable attack lists correctly in PlugY. I don't know a certain way to check in game.
+Min damage neither lists (on LCS) nor works, as far as I can tell.

Tested by:
- Creating an -act 5 character.
- Going to A1.
- Buying a basic spear. (4-24 damage.)
- Max Spear Mastery (+63 min damage = 67-87 damage, yes?).
- /players 8.
- Start hitting Fallen. Should be 1 hit KO (unless they have more then 67 HP?)

Takes 1-3 hits to kill one.
Read: fallen hp* 450% = 87-261 HP?

TL;DR follows. Feel free to ignore if not helpful.

Re: A2 merc auras. (Obligatory Theorycraft warning.)
(This is all in ignorance of anything past A2 gameplay, and assuming that values are unchanged from cLoD, since I haven't compared.)

Combat
Normal: Prayer.
Replenish life heals # over ~10 seconds.
Prayer heals # each second.
Therefore Prayer = Replenish*10.

How well that fares later in game though, idk.

Also, and this is important, Prayer has no mana-cost for a merc.

Nightmare: Thorns.
The Thorns aura works against ranged physical, but doesn't affect ranged elemental attacks atm.
How good is that? Very, I'd say.

Hell: Concentration.
+60% ed, +15%/slvl and 20% Uninterruptable Attack.
Don't know how good that as, as I've only had limited exposure to it in cLoD.

Defensive
Normal: Defiance.
See Concentration aura.

Nightmare: Holy Freeze.
AoE slow that stacks with slow from Cold damage? Can I get a 'Hell Yeah!'?

Hell: Redemption.
Heals merc, and more importantly: disposes of corpses!
Bad for Necromancer, awesome for anyone else.

Offensive
Normal: Blessed Aim.
See Concentration aura.

Nightmare: Might.
+40% ED, +10%/slvl.
Concentration's better.

Hell: Holy Shock.
See Concentration aura.
(Never built a Tesla-din.)

With the removal of prerequisite skills, I'm wondering if something should be done about Leapas a stand-alone skill.
(This is assuming that there's anything that can be done, since Leap is very hardcoded, iirc.
If not, nvm :P)

(Leap Attack source.)

Compare:

Buy Cost:
Leap = 15 Energy, no prerequisites.
Leap Attack = 60 Energy, no prerequisites.
Advantage: Leap.
(The question is, how likely is it that someone will *not* get 60 Energy)
(for WW, Berserk or whatever.
If it's a given that 'people' will, then the only difference is how long you need to wait to be able to buy the 1st level.)

Mana Cost:
Leap = 2, static.
Leap Attack = 9, static.
Advantage: Leap.

Damage:
Leap = pacifistic.
Leap Attack = +%ed per level.
Advantage: Leap Attack.

Jump distance:
Leap = 4.6 yards. Increases with slvl.
Leap Attack = Effectively not limited, afaik.
(Jump distance limit on Leap makes for limited use as a (cheap) travel skill)

Hidden AoE Knockback:
Leap = 2.64 yards + 0.66 yards/slvl
Leap Attack = 2.64 yards + 1.32 yards/slvl

P.S.
Hmm. This post seems to cause the page to stall for me when I 'see reply' rather then the page.
Last edited by Sing_in_silence on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Senor de Destruction

Post by Senor de Destruction » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:35 pm

Well my suggestion on the mercenary(-lets-change-them-into-gods)-matter is not change a thing. If your merc does not die in almost every boss battle it is simply not Diablo 2 you are playing. IT IS FUN TO RESURRECT YOUR MERC FOR MONEY ALL THE TIME! (booohoooo, yes I can take the beating of the whole community :lol: ). Seriously - it is a part of playing the game. The fact that the merc “distracts” monsters is also a part of the point in having one and a MUCH bigger advantage than you traveling on your own… people obviously tend to forget that and instead focus on what it is not and should never become - some kind of a brute that is intended to double your own power. Mercs are meant to be just a LITTLE help on the road (of experience:D) and nothing more. The whole feel of you controlling one character that is adventuring in the footsteps of Diablo and thereafter Baal could easily be ruined.
I´d say: instead of making the mercs stronger – make them weaker!!!…no, I didn’t say that…but almost ;)

About the splash-damage on the twohanders (nice) – what do you say about staffs? It could be great if they got a little boost too (for “all” of us crazy staff-barb lovers).
These are likely to disappear altogether. I'm not entirely sure yet.
Oh, I hope you can save your four masteries in some way…especially I like the Natural Armor which fit the druid theme excellently! It would be a shame to see that one go :cry: I am praying over here!
Last edited by Senor de Destruction on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Demon9ne
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Demon9ne » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:32 pm

It is fun to resurrect your merc all the time.

I hadn't even thought of that. Agreed as well.

But you did misunderstand something:
Nat Armor Mastery/Steel Armor Mastery/Shield Mastery = Staying
Orb Mastery/Amazon Spear Mastery = Probably going

Wait, wait, wait. Did you say staff-barb lovers? No way, jose. You can't be serious. I'm not sure if staves will get an upgrade, but 2-handers, including spears, and also throwing weapons will have auto-bonuses.

Leap and Leap Attack are very hardcoded... otherwise rest assured I'd have the Barb flying everywhere and cremating everything nearby upon impact. :) Leap, to me, is a transit skill and nothing more.

Senor de Destruction

Post by Senor de Destruction » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:55 pm

Do you recommend users to play immersion with the 1.10 patch installed (since you do all your testing with that version)? And if thats the case would it then be possible for you to include a removal of the requirement to have your CD in the drive while playing (like the one 1.12a has). - Über-userfriendlyness!! :lol:

Demon9ne
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Demon9ne » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:58 am

Senor de Destruction";p="409871" wrote:Do you recommend users to play immersion with the 1.10 patch installed (since you do all your testing with that version)? And if thats the case would it then be possible for you to include a removal of the requirement to have your CD in the drive while playing (like the one 1.12a has).
The Phrozen Keep ToS (Rule XVI) states that No-CD cracks aren't allowed. So to answer your question, unless this changes in light of LoD patch 1.12a, I won't be including a no-cd loader. I would recommend players utilize whatever patch they feel comfortable with.

Update

Immersion v1.04c is nearly done. It expands on many features, adds some new content, and most importantly fixes plenty of bugs.

What this means is that given enough time without the report of any new bugs, it will be arriving soon. (So if you encounter a bug, report it quick so it gets fixed!)

Much thanks to everyone playing and participating in the discussion here.

Sing_in_silence

Post by Sing_in_silence » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:52 pm

Senor de Destruction";p="409818" wrote:I´d say: instead of making the mercs stronger – make them weaker!!!…no, I didn’t say that…but almost ;)
Ooh! He may be on to something! :p
Senor de Destruction";p="409818" wrote:...what do you say about staffs? ... (for “all” of us crazy staff-barb lovers).
Meh, I'm partial to plate-wearing, battle-staff wielding Paladins myself.
(This is not a request for splash on staves, incidentally)

What is Grim Ward supposed to do?

At first I thought: omgwtf 1pt wonder imba-totem! AoE disabling monster regen (-regen overwrites positive regen, works well with singer (due to them not getting poison/PMH)) and some damage over time too?!

So...
-act 5, max GW, 12 points in synergy, /players 1.

The totem's barely cutting even with the monster's regen, and the monsters *do* regen, so it's damage rather then -regen.

Am I missing something?
If not, I'm kinda underwhelmed by the skill.

Speaking on which:
Did you increase monster regen to this ungodly amount, or did Blizzard?
(It's been a long time since I played cLoD, so I don't recall,) because, seriously, (having any kind of) Poison damage is king. (Either that or my damage output is appallingly low :P)
(This is most noticeable as a non-Bowazon using bows/xbows and trying to decide what quiver to use.)

Incidentally, another -a5 char, max Wounding Cry + 12 points in synergy, and all points in Energy.

The only time I killed something was when a wandering Barb was attacking it too.
I don't know what kind of damage is expected from WC, nor how your level compares mlvl in a5, or how this compares to cLoD singers (see above), but I thought I'd mention it.

Sorry, not much to add atm.
Free time's kinda in short supply, and testing the new changes in Median gets priority. (Customer loyalty sucks, eh? :p)

Edit:
Walking around with 8 Fire res and 1 MDR in the Arcane Sanctuary.
Fireballs = ~20 hp damage.
Firewall = Not even toasty. ~1 hp/sec.
Without MDR ~2hp/sec.
Kinda weak, seeing as the largest pack of the I've seen was 3.

+to Equipment Skills only works for any eq. skill that you have points in. Intended?
Last edited by Sing_in_silence on Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:37 am

Just downloaded immersion today. Version 1.04b. It worked fine except I ran out of space for all my goodies pretty quick. Downloaded PlugY version 8.00, installed, and now I can not get the mod to work.
Get as far as character ( tents in background), press OK and the computers freezes. Escape lets me out.
Any clues what to do? Running 1.10.
OH! one other question, what is plugy.nsi?
elad

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:42 am

Elad";p="410164" wrote:Just downloaded immersion today. Version 1.04b. It worked fine except I ran out of space for all my goodies pretty quick. Downloaded PlugY version 8.00, installed, and now I can not get the mod to work.
Get as far as character ( tents in background), press OK and the computers freezes. Escape lets me out.
Any clues what to do? Running 1.10.
OH! one other question, what is plugy.nsi?
elad
try tab-alting out to see if you get an error(if not you mifgt need to make new chars). an nsi file is an installer (N ull S oft I nstaller)
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

vengerofthelight

Post by vengerofthelight » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:48 am

First: Thank you, Demon9on for the amazing mod. Countless hours of entertainment for myself, my wife and my surrogate brother are thanks to you and those who have aided you.

Second: My apologies for waiting as long as I have to create an account on these forums and write this very post. I'm intimately familiar with the fact that modmakers have little more than the appreciation of their fans as reward for the diligent work they force upon themselves. Were I versed in the skills required, I'd offer my assistance in fine-tuning your project in an attempt to give something back for all of the enjoyment I've recieved.

And, finally: I'm happy to say that I motivated my lazy backside enough to do this without having a bug to report. Immersion v1.04b seems to run like a dream (known bugs excluded).

Many thanks for your continued effort.

- Venger

Demon9ne
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Demon9ne » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:22 am

Sing_in_Silence -

Grim Ward is life drain without degen, so yes, it's basically damage. Enemy regen, with few exceptions (new enemies), is untouched.

Wounding Cry is just War Cry, but renamed. (A War Cry named War Cry is kind of stupid I felt.)

Monster damage in the Arcane Sanctuary should also be as in vanilla.

And the +x to Equipment Skills is intended (think +x to Fire Skills)

Elad -

As Necrolis said, see if you can alt-tab and see the crash error. Also ensure that your PlugY files/folders are where they should be. (PlugY installation is covered in my first post)

Venger -

Your post is much appreciated! Welcome to the Phrozen Keep.

If you have suggestions, you can leave them here for discussion/consideration. As for the bugs, they're getting worked out. I'm expecting v1.04c to be out as soon as I can figure out this v1.11+ crash in Diablo's Sanctuary... Edit: And just after posting, I managed to fix it - so the release date for v1.04c is 'very soon' so keep an eye out. :)
Last edited by Demon9ne on Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:59 pm

Double thanks Necro
Had not seen nsi in plugy before.
Have plugy working--it was my own stupidity. This is new repro computer after my good computer blew. Have three hard drives. Had DiabloII on two of them. Deleted one and the mod works fine.
Elad

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:20 am

Not sure far anyone has got with a barb, thought I might mention a couple of things.

Apart from an Assasin who died by my own stupidity at level 18 (forgot to pause, turned around to talk to wife), the Barb is my first character in this mod. He was fine, once I'd done maybe a couple of dozen countess runs. I'm wondering if putting level requirements on runes isn't that bad an idea?

Frenzy is my main attack. Other points have gone into find potion and find item, leap attack and one of each of the battle cry's.

I did pump energy mainly at the beginning. There's no need for high strength/dex at the beginning. Even at level 27, most of my damage is coming off chance to cast attacks/when struck. Just killed Mephisto. If this chaacter is late game ratehr than early game, I'm gonna love it.

Demon9ne
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Demon9ne » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:19 am

the_bogan";p="410419" wrote:Apart from an Assassin who died by my own stupidity at level 18 (forgot to pause, turned around to talk to wife), the Barb is my first character in this mod. He was fine, once I'd done maybe a couple of dozen countess runs. I'm wondering if putting level requirements on runes isn't that bad an idea?
Torn between two women? ;) (Three if we're including the countess!)

For balance sake (which I'm concerned that I'm concerned about lately) runes will be more common globally and the Countess will be less likely to drop higher runes in v1.04c.
the_bogan";p="410419" wrote:I did pump energy mainly at the beginning. There's no need for high strength/dex at the beginning. Even at level 27, most of my damage is coming off chance to cast attacks/when struck. Just killed Mephisto. If this character is late game rather than early game, I'm gonna love it.
I'm glad you noticed this. The energy reqs aren't nearly as brutal as the vanilla level/skill requirements - even for Barbarians. Thanks for the feedback.

Update

I'm in the process of making the final adjustments to v1.04c, at which point it will go live on D2Immersion.com. It will be mirrored here some time after that, but I'm not certain when yet.

On that note, D2Immersion.com is becoming it's own monster. I just took a 3-day course in profanity (aka phpBB, at a time when their website got hacked and support is scarce) so the site will have forums, integrated live chat, etc... The forums will go live at the same time v1.04c does, if I have things my way. You will need to register to download the mod.

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:50 am

Doh... my character keeps crashing when entering the Chaos Sanctuary. I've deleted my maps and had another go three times, but still crashes.

edit: Noticed the upgrade to the new version. That fixed it.
I should mention that I was previously using 1.12, but had downgraded to 1.10. I had killed Mephisto and went through most of act 4 until it crashed at the sanctuary.

I had also uninstalled and re-installed the game, but on 1.11b. That still caused the character to crash. It was only the new immersion .mpq that stopped it crashing. Wierd.
Last edited by the_bogan on Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

DavidB111
Paladin

Post by DavidB111 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:51 pm

Hello, and sorry for the long delay. Mr. likes the new style font, even though it hurts my eyes, and I can't fix it. :)

Hmm, If I didn't know better, Diablo II won't run at all unless there's a global/excel/ folder at all.
FIXED! Got it. :)
See above. :) Global/excel must be added, even if it's empty, or Diablo II explodes like a nuke.:P
Why nerf belts though? Not very nice of you.
One last thing, I don't run programs that are illegal. Though, I did at one point think about playing that Nude Assassin mod. :)

OH, and you're doing it wrong, by giving everything a higher chance to dodge, Concentration is useless. Not the Aura, the Barb skill. It may be uninteruptable, but if takes you six weeks to kill something because they dodge it, it might as well be interuptable. :)
Oh, and how do I get the requirements for the tatoo Barb thingy? I'm thinking passing up on gloves won't be too bad for immunity for cursing.
Oh, and I assume you could remove the item that it adds and use a glove again, not that it locks the slot? :)

Ugh, why do I have to register at yet another website, to download your new version? Will you update it here? Or what?
Bad Captcha, bad. My eyes, the goggles they do nothing.
Last edited by DavidB111 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:19 pm, edited 11 times in total.
"I am a Golden God!"

Return to “The Sandbox”