Immersion

This forum allows mod makers with projects in the beginning stages to showcase their mod.
Demon9ne
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Demon9ne » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:31 am

ZoMbiESsSZ - The download link is in my forum signature below every one of my posts. Welcome to the Phrozen Keep.

Tretas - Admittedly, before only very recently I'd been a PlugY virgin. I can tell you that the easiest way to get it installed correctly is by backing up anything you don't want to lose (Save files, mods, etc) and reinstalling LoD. After a fresh install on my laptop, PlugY gave me no hassle. You might also consider browsing the PlugY forum for a different solution, but that is likely to end up taking more time than just reinstalling.
Last edited by Demon9ne on Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tretas

Re: Immersion

Post by Tretas » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:31 pm

Well, i needed to copy all the Plugy files into my Diablo game folder. It works now. :victory:
Last edited by Tretas on Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Demon9ne
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Demon9ne » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:58 pm

Update

In vanilla LoD, not much drops. In Immersion v1.04, a lot does - some have said too much. Drawing on some of the feedback I've received on the subject, I decided to play with the global drop tables again for v1.04b. Here are the results I'm currently playtesting:

- Less equipment drops globally. Yet, unlike vanilla LoD, there is a possibility of much more dropping. The result has improved gameplay speed immensely, while retaining Immersion's style of gameplay.

- Enemies in some "Choke points" (Ex... Tal Rasha's Tomb) have been given their own drop tables to prevent the screen becoming clogged with treasure.

- Devouring crystals, a new reagent I've mentioned, will eat items in your cube, should you feel the need to do so. Keyrings, another new reagent, solve the problem of keys no longer stacking or being sold by vendors and ensure that if you want to hang onto some you will have the space to do so.

Beside the changes to drop tables, I have updated my first post with some other details. Many of the things I had planned for v1.04 and didn't have time to accomplish are finding their way into v1.04b... Immersion continues to evolve. Thanks for the continued feedback.
Last edited by Demon9ne on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hambonemcgee

Post by hambonemcgee » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:01 am

I just began using this mod, and I must say it's keeping me interested and has brought a new freshness to the game. I would like to see a list of what the runeword and unique stats are, I realize some don't like spoilers, but nobody says that they have to go to the page and look :P Anyways, nice work!

Demon9ne
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Demon9ne » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:59 pm

Welcome to the Phrozen Keep. Thanks for playing.

Spoilers aren't called exciters for a reason. And typing a list of them up would take time away from further expansion and addition to the mod itself.

In short: spoilers, booooooooooo.

hambonemcgee

Post by hambonemcgee » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:43 am

It's all good, I just found a couple of your new uniques, and it is quite nice to see new things without any clue as to what your about to identify. So, I guess I will just have to get used to it. My merc is enjoying her upgraded Numbskull :)

Demon9ne
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Demon9ne » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:21 am

Merry Recession... I mean, uh... Merry X-mas to everyone paying attention. :)

My hands are raw and bloody from wrapping gifts and my patience is at it's yearly low, but I thought some vague updates might be in order for the January release of v1.04b:

- An Act 1 boss encounter has gotten more, shall we say, perilous now. :D

- There is a new enemy laying in wait in each act... and some new friends wandering about too. :!: :?:

- Many enemies have gotten tougher, or have new tricks up their sleeves. Then again, the hero classes have some new tricks of their own. The Barbarian's Grim Ward, for instance, is no longer sending enemies running off laughing. :twisted:

- Immersion's user interface has been completed, including a new title screen, new vendor panels, and new health and mana orbs. :cool:

- Much more: Immersion's bulleted changelog is almost 3 pages long. The features and fixes listed therein make v1.04b a more enjoyable experience than in previous versions.
Last edited by Demon9ne on Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sing_in_silence

Post by Sing_in_silence » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:03 pm

I am intrigued.
Do proceed...

'Giving it a spin' as we 'speak'.

A couple of things:

* Creating a scythe-clone of Poison Dagger is very cool.
(I don't get why it doesn't simply have the dagger-requirement removed and that's it.
Oh wait. If *no one*'s done it (that I'm aware of), it's probably because it can't be done. Bah.)
Back on track... for a poisoner, the lack of synergy to Poison Explosion and Nova = not ideal. (I hope that the Scythe Mastery is enough to make up for it with physical damage, but idk yet.
Also, even wit the mastery, it's still single-target. And since the idea in Immersion seems (as far as I've seen) to be 'have the player up to his eyeballs in monsters', this may be a problem later on. Same may be true of Vengence/etc., idk yet).
Back on track... I believe that INaBiaF (It's not a bug, it's a feature), and is because synergies only work for the 30(?) skill(slot)s a character natively has.

However I'm talking out of my... hair... here, being modding-illiterate, so I'm mentioning it anyway.

On the Gamble screen:
* Battle Standards (3x2 charms) list as Amazon items.
* Shurikens don't appear as Assassin items.

* Is there a reason that Akara isn't selling Tomes of TP/ID? :very sad:

Edit:
* Did I read correctly (somewhere in this thread) that sockets and +(specific) skill should not naturally appear on the same (class specific) item? Because that isn't the case atm (and I have the screenies to prove it!).

* Oh nose Gretel, someone ate our breadcrumbs!
(Read: Hey! Who stole my Act 1 paths?!)

Will have more feedback when I progress past the Cold Plains :laughing:
Last edited by Sing_in_silence on Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Demon9ne
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Demon9ne » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:00 am

Hell of a post, pre-cold-plains. :)

The idea behind Immersion is being up to your eyeballs in everything, including options.

To answer your questions:

Poison Dagger has higher damage because it's a dagger and not a scythe and therefore the skills should be equally viable options later on when damage is cranked up to insane numbers. That's the present theory anyway. Being that this isn't a balance mod, it's not often my first priority in terms of content adjustment. It's also funny to me you mentioned single-target skills being inferior to multi-target skills because I was not long ago having this convo with someone else. My opinion on the issue is that those two catagories fall under 'player's preference'. Some players want to drop nukes everywhere and others want to do some wet-work. :) I, for one, like to be dangerously surrounded and pull my ass out of the pile of bodies afterward with 6 life. It's my belief that LoD left 'as is' serves as a terrible base for a PVP mod and because LoD is Immersion's base (rather than a clean slate) I'm always thinking in terms of PVM when developing new content.

I pulled Battle Standards off the gamble screen in v1.04b because of that display error (and another too, if I recall right), but I was unaware of the display error on Shurikens, which are likely to disappear from there as well. These errors are the result of code written by Blizzard North's finest and cannot easily be fixed.

Akara doesn't sell tomes any more because 1. Gheed does (via scavenger hunts), 2. You can find them on shelves in Act 1, and 3. Tomes have various (better) uses in Immersion's cube recipes than in vanilla LoD.

If I recall correctly, I did originally state that +(x) skill and +(x) sockets would be incompatible on class items. But I believe I worked through that problem.

And about the Act 1 paths - yeah, I stole those. :P

Thanks for the feedback!
Last edited by Demon9ne on Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sing_in_silence

Post by Sing_in_silence » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:25 pm

*Sigh*
TL;DR warning.
Demon9ne";p="408527" wrote:...It's also funny to me you mentioned single-target skills being inferior to multi-target skills because I was not long ago having this convo with someone else. My opinion on the issue is that those two catagories fall under 'player's preference'. Some players want to drop nukes everywhere and others want to do some wet-work. :)
Not arguing that.

(Warning note: Pure theorycraft, have not yet tried in Immersion.)
The point I didn't make well enough, is this (and I apologize if it comes across as a lecture. It isn't meant as one):
Why do 'glass canon' type characters (typically mages) work?
Because, assuming the game is adequately balanced, they can kill anything hostile before it can damage them, or they can outmaneuver/Crowd Control/kite them, chipping away at their health while evading close quarters.

Ranged builds can play this way too.
Minions/Meatwall are also a consideration.

Melee characters however *need* defense to (duh) survive melee.

Now, take the '1 hit KO' and compare it to an AoE approach in the context of melee.

An AoE char may not be able to 'focus fire' a specific target and kill it faster, but however long it takes to kill 1 monster, will kill the entire pack.

A '1 hit' otoh, can kill single targets very fast, but needs to kill packs one by one.

Up to here from the offensive PoV.

Now defense:
AoE: No matter how many opponents you face, you only need to tank them for as long as it'll take you to kill 1.
1 hit: Ugh. Better math-skills would help here.
You need to tank as many enemies as can reach you for as long as it'll take you to kill 1. Which you then no longer need to tank, for as long as it'll take you to kill then next, which you then don't need to tank...

The question is: Does the 1 hit character's skillset provide the needed defensive capabilities for this?
The answer is (often, it seems to me,) 'No', because, unless they're mutually exclusive, good luck balancing the skillset if an AoE char decides to use it too.
[/discourse]

Demon9ne";p="408527" wrote:I, for one, like to be dangerously surrounded and pull my ass out of the pile of bodies afterward with 6 life.
I know what you mean =)

Re: Tomes.
Ah, neat :)

Re: Paths.
Imho the bridges look, i don't know, unreal without scuffing.

Now, I'm assuming that you stole them by removing them from the tiles the map can use to spawn?
In which case, 'tough luck'. But I thought I'd mention it.

Sadly, not much time to devote to Immersion atm, but I still got some new stuff:

First character: Paladin. Tank, single target killer.
(Max Steel Armor Mastery, Shield Mastery, Holy Shield.
Not sure about Aura. Leaning towards Prayer(/+Meditation). I would've prefered Thorns, but %reflect and iPDR conflict. My next char (#3) will be a 'Missionary' (Conversion + Thorns).
Not yet decided between Vengence (I love the mental image this skill conjures up. However, since reduction is applied before resists*, this does not synergize well.) and Smite (no synergies).

* Forgot to mention: The text looks pretty with the smaller font. Possibly it's the 'new hat' effect. Time will tell.
* Throwing Potions (especially the poison ones) are far and away the strongest weapon in early game.
* Are Angel/Demon skulls intended to not have tempering effects (listed)? (I assume so, but just in case).
* Decard Cain's Horadric Cube gossip topic is golden. WaI (Working as Intended)?
* Necromancer's 'Blood Shield' (Graphic goes well with name. Cool.) is an MDR effect, like Cyclone Armor, or did I read it wrong?
* Thorns effects now not only affect melee attacker, or even only also ranged attackers, but ranged elemental attackers as well?! (The downfall of the Median Retaladin.)
Would it be wrong for me to say that I love you? :P
I love the (very Tai Chi) concept of diverting attacks, and using an enemy's force against him, so Thorns has always been a favorite of mine.
So, on that note:
* Are you sure that the Paladin's Damage Reduction passive works?
With 48 iPDR from slvl 16 'Steel Armor Mastery', I take 1-6 damage from a Dark One (Catacombs fallen).
With 0 iPDR (courtesy of PlugY's skill respec) I *still* take 1-6 damage.
So I thought: 'maybe the passive (or lack thereof) just hasn't refreshed yet'. So I S&Eed (with 0 mastery).
Still no noticable difference.

Don't have the items to test this with. (I have ~2 iPDR from items. Could get all of ~2 more.)

Now, PlugY's extra character pages lists the DR correctly, so maybe I'm missing something, but unless the passive (is saved to char file, and so) never refreshes, something seems broken here.

That's all (and quite enough, I dare say) for now.
*Salute*

Edit:
* Forgot to add source: LorveN's post.
On that note, another good resource is zionhuyga's post.

Edit 2
* Forgot to mention:
Are the Fallen Realm Portals supposed to spawn as champions? (If not, this my be unchangeable. Apparently some tiles have champions/bosses 'attached' to them.)

Edit 3:
Ah, nvm.
Prime Reduction is a rename for %PDR. (PlugY pages ftw :P)
Last edited by Sing_in_silence on Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Demon9ne
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Demon9ne » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:42 am

Jesus Harold Christ... here goes. :)

Yes, it would be wrong to say you love me (as I am more of a Zogonia person than OOTS). :lol:

I happen to like unreal-looking bridges. The process of removing them was the likes of quitting drinking (12 ridiculous steps), with the exception that it drove me to drink more. It involved map, tile, automap, and text editing, with some crazy errors along the way.

Steel Armor Mastery (and for that matter, Natural Armor Mastery) may not work. The good news: if I find out that's the case I will make them.

I'm happy to hear that throwing potions are good for something! :)

Angel/Demon skulls do not provide tempering effects.

Deckard Cain's gossip display error was not working, and is fixed. I didn't get around to posting the bug.

Blood Shield is Bone Armor, except MDR - yup.

I'm not yet entirely certain about ranged-thorns vs. elemental missile attackers. :?: Immersion has like 8 trillion different variations of the thorns property atm...

Fallen Realm Portals are also fixed. I need to add to the squashed-bugs list soon. Been busy modding. :P

In Immersion, Prime Resists are Physical/Magic/Poison and Elemental Resists are Fire/Cold/Lightning.

Senor de Destruction

Post by Senor de Destruction » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:29 pm

Immersion v1.04b is now available. = MUNGO FANTASTICO!!!

Danko very mucho...
We are pleased indeed!!

Now it is timo to gamo!

Thank you Demon9ne...this looks great! :D

DavidB111
Paladin

Post by DavidB111 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:27 pm

Well, so far, I don't quite like how small the text for things are now. I'm not 50 years old, but I don't really like how the new text is about 50% smaller than Diablo II's normal text.
I'll play for a little while more, but I tend to hate small text. :) Because I'm 26, going on 2000.

I'll edit this with anything else I find soon, like Cyberdemons showing up or something. Though it looks promising.
You still will owe me 200 dollars if my eyes go out.

Edit 1: I am dumb, I figured it out.

Edit 2: Please, give shrines better descriptions. I don't know how to deal with "shrine" as a description. My mind opens? WTF? I had to look at the plugy extended sheet to see that I got extra experience. I like difficulty increasing mods, but I don't like amnesiac mods. :)

Edit 3: Quill rats, not unbalancing, but if I have a dollar for every mod that gave them thorns, I'd have more money than Bill Gates...
Edit 4: Well, now, If I had another 2 dollars for every mod that made armor over leather drop your speed, I'd have a billion dollars to. You're supposed to make up for it with built in damage reduction or something.
Last edited by DavidB111 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"I am a Golden God!"

"You know, you're a real pain, I can't wait to get you down here."
"Um, well, with all due respect, I'm not a murdering warlord, I'm a member of the fifth estate!"
"Like I said, I can't wait to get you down here."
Lucifer to Nigel, on You are There, Season 6, Xena

Demon9ne
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Demon9ne » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Senor - Thanks. Let me know how things play out for you.

David - You do realize that the text on this forum is about 15 trillion times smaller than the text in the game, right? I expect you to email Onyx about it. (I am not liable though.) :)

Cyberdemons are in act 3 after the marching pink elephants.

Shrines aren't marked now because I want you (personally) to get nuked every so often. :twisted:

And last but not least, a question: What would you prefer quill rats did? (It's not too late to make them explode!)

Update

As you may have noticed, v1.04b finally made it. The discovery of serious bugs in this version will yield a v1.04c with more urgency than before. With luck I'll even manage to avoid character compatibility issues. And I do sincerely apologize for those, but I had to weigh the positives and negatives (new features vs. tossing items).

Also looming on the horizon: this. Although at this point I have no idea what I want to do with it. Please post your suggestions here so long as they do not include the word "Flash".

And also a couple features I'd like to point out (that didn't make the big list in my first post):

- Gheed's first two sub-quests (TP Tome and ID Tome) have more realistic requirements. (I think I managed to forget this in the changelog.)

- Emptying an item's sockets is now much easier. (See the Cube Recipes page in the Docu.)

All for now, but I'm sure I'll have more to say soon...

Sing_in_silence

Post by Sing_in_silence » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:43 pm

Gratz on 1.04b! :D

Demon9ne";p="409026" wrote:Yes, it would be wrong to say you love me (as I am more of a Zogonia person than OOTS). :lol:
Haha okay then, I won't.
Ah, Zogonia... I saw the 1st 3 strips, iirc. Then my bookstore stopped getting Dragon =(
Recently realized that I could probably look it up online. Discovered that Zogonia's homepage is empty and has been for years.
So sad... :cry:
Demon9ne";p="409026" wrote:I'm not yet entirely certain about ranged-thorns vs. elemental missile attackers. :?: Immersion has like 8 trillion different variations of the thorns property atm...
Well, 'Ranged Attackers suffer X' did and does work against ranged elemental, the Thorns aura no longer does, though.
(Idk if intentional, but probably (sadly) for the best. I expect that a Conversion/Thorns build would've been OP.)
Demon9ne";p="409026" wrote:In Immersion, Prime Resists are Physical/Magic/Poison and Elemental Resists are Fire/Cold/Lightning.
*Ghasp!* You mean that PlugY lied?! ;P
Oh well. Good to know.
Incidentally, Salvation says 'elemental resists', but the modifier is 'resist all', which is false.

Okay, 1.04b stuff. Haven't gone into it in depth yet. :sad:
Hehe, farthest I've gotten is the Catacombs level 2 WP (with my tank-din).
I think I need to start investing my stat points :P
(Probably getting an offensive skill wouldn't hurt either...)

Note: Checked many things with PlugY's extra char pages. Like the LCS these are notorious for untruth.

Note: I use 'list' to mean 'show in skilldesc/PlugY pages'.

* For the most part, the new graphics = win.
No explanations needed.
Particular favorites are the (frameless) char select screen and the new skill icons.
(Though I did prefer the 'bloody palmprint' +stat/skill icon. No matter.)

* Retribution -> Div. Wrath synergy doen't list (on skilldesc), but it works. (checked against LCS)

* Might -> Ret. doesn't list (even in PlugY), or work, as far as I can tell.

* 'Always hits' on elemental projectiles (e.g. Fireburst Arrow) = for elemental hit, not arrow, which is why the skill give +%AR (and requires AR on LCS), yes?

* Fireburst projectile lists no Avg fire dmg in skilldesc. Fire Proj synergy increases listed damage (should by +avg.), Exp. arrow doesn't (should be +dmg).

* Forgot to mention before, Shurikens don't have a weapon class.

* Speaking of Shurikens: Trying to 'throw' a shuriken = char invisible and frozen. Game continues, though.
Can still be attacked/damaged. Haven't checked what happens when she dies.

* Ricochet = no listed damage, also, no AR check. Intended? (Chain Lightning clone?)
Also, damage is slightly delayed after projectile hits. Just so you know, if you didn't.

* Shuriken Blitz's synergy seems broken.

* Barbarian Pledges look way cool. Haven't tried them yet, though.

* Burnout's synergy DOESN'T list, but PlugY says it works.

* Column of Fire's synergy from Fire Wall doesn't seem to work. The rest do.

* Can only have 1 familiar alive at any given time. Obvious, but not listed.

* Overchanelling's synergy from Telekinesis is unlisted but works.

* Corpse Shatter says that the damage it does is '60%-100% monster HP', a la Corpse Explosion, but says nothing about additional damage.
Are the synergies a lie? Damage listed in LCS = affected by the synergies.

* Nat. Armor mast. works. (checked via LCS) [*1]

* Wild Mastery: idk if it works, but it doesn't list any changes, so I assume that it doesn't.

* PlugY doesn't list +MF from Toucan (Otoh it doesn't list DBA either), Synergy from Raven is unlisted, and can't check due to previous.

(Note: DBA = Demon Blood Aura.
In Median there's a minion with a +replenish life effect (among other things). PlugY doesn't list it. I assume that it's a similar thing (aura from a minion giving a non-LCS effect) here.)

* Inspired use of the graphics to create Incendiary Fog. I like! ^_^
/me is waiting for Cloudkill/Abi Dalzim's Horrid Wilting... :twisted:

* I've gone over all the synergies for the non-vanilla skills. The ones not listed work, as far as I can tell. (read: their effect is applied to the skilldesc.)

(Is it just me, or do my posts keep getting longer?
How the heck am I supposed to keep this up?! o.O) :p

Cheers.

Edit:
[edited: Woops! It's all in the changelog. Nvm then... >.>]

* Elemental arrows/bolts now drop with the property even in the Blood Moor. (Didn't see that in the changelog.)
Nice =)

*1 - *facepalm* I think I may be an idiot...
I (now) assume that the iPDR on steel armor mastery only applies when you're wearing steel armor?... (<Insert 'Duh!'>)
If that's the case, I need to recheck it, since my paladin is (still) wearing a rare *Leather* armor. >_<
Last edited by Sing_in_silence on Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:35 am, edited 4 times in total.

boobke

Post by boobke » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:36 pm

Hi,

I'm new to the mod, but I do like it very much. There's a problem though. Whenever I enter the Chaos Sanctuary on normal mode. I seem to get this error:

h ttp:// img523 . i mag e shack.u s/m y.ph p?im age=123wo7 . jpg

I've tried reinstalling, my installation is all normal. I have the 1.12A patch, I don't use a D2loader.

*update*
I've reinstalled and updated it to 1.11b still not working. But I do manage to get to one seal, and then I get the error.

Greets,

booby
Last edited by boobke on Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DavidB111
Paladin

Post by DavidB111 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:58 pm

I can read this forum just fine, Pal. My avatar isn't there just for looks.
But the font in game is horrible TM, I can barely make out anything, and it makes me look like I'm trying to play the game at 2048x2048 with the text still at 800 x 600. Trust me on this.

There is a issue here. I can't continue to play, if my eyes start hurting. The text on this forum, by the way scales a billion times better than the one in Diablo II. Also, it's default is 10, I can read ten. The font in Diablo II that you are using is about 7 or so. Maybe 8.

Now, the shrines are fine, I'm not really worried about running into a fire shrine. A death shrine though, meh.

But please, take my advice, either change the font back, so I can actually read the text, change the localazation to ancient Sumerian so it looks okay, or provide an optional file. Otherwise I will go play Nezermeratos.or however it's spelled.

I don't like the new font okay, I can't read it reasonably at all I'm sorry, but at the age of 26, I didn't expect to need glasses to play a Diablo II mod.

Also, the Cyberdemon thing was a joke. :) Now, don't make me summon one.

Oh, did you give everyone 60 to block or something, because my concentrate barb seems to have a hard time hitting anything, period. It's like the game doesn't like it being given to you before level 18. :)

But hey, so far it looks good. Also, I could care less about the Quill rats of death and pain. Whee, I can't wait to find a cursed, lightning enchanted, multishot, extra strong, extra fast one. :)
I really don't mean to hate on you, but still, like I said, the eye strain is not making this mod any more attractive at all. Sorry.
Oh, and I can't wait to get you down here. I hunger for your blood. :twisted:
Last edited by DavidB111 on Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am a Golden God!"

"You know, you're a real pain, I can't wait to get you down here."
"Um, well, with all due respect, I'm not a murdering warlord, I'm a member of the fifth estate!"
"Like I said, I can't wait to get you down here."
Lucifer to Nigel, on You are There, Season 6, Xena

Senor de Destruction

Post by Senor de Destruction » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:31 pm

Oh my :roll: ...
Just a short comment on this one:
But the font in game is horrible TM, I can barely make out anything, and it makes me look like I'm trying to play the game at 2048x2048 with the text still at 800 x 600. Trust me on this.
Demon9ne - Please trust ME on this one (with all respect): The comment of DavidB111 - It makes no sense...

Only thing I sometimes miss is the old classic Diablo-"o" ;)
Last edited by Senor de Destruction on Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Demon9ne
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Demon9ne » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:40 pm

boobke - Welcome to the Phrozen Keep, I am looking into the bug you posted.

Sing_in_Silence - Thanks for the info on the synergies, I am looking into them. The shuriken problem is a top priority too because I encountered that bug before during testing. (I'm sensing something goofy or hardcoded.)

David - Based on your description of the font, I'm now convinced you're not seeing the font that I'm seeing. This screenshot shows the font you should be seeing. If you are seeing a different font, you ought to reinstall. The game does have a smaller font that is around 7pt and scales like utter garbage, which it uses if there are way too many properties on an item. I think you might have an error causing you to always see the smaller font.
Last edited by Demon9ne on Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

allas
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Paladin

Post by allas » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:27 pm

Hey, I think I have found a big unbalanced thing. The Wirt's Legs have a
(+x max Dmg Based on gold carried) and only the assassins can get good of it : The assassin Shuriken Fury skill have + 3/4 weapon damage. So, with never spending gold, I've run thought Normal difficulty with only this weapon. Now, with around 330 000 gold, my damage is 9-19k with the legs and 23-14k damage with the skill. Kinda unbalanced because no others class can have this as fast. I've killed every boss in around 1-2 sec. A fix would be great for next patch :D

boobke

Post by boobke » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:18 pm

allas";p="409341" wrote:Hey, I think I have found a big unbalanced thing. The Wirt's Legs have a
(+x max Dmg Based on gold carried) and only the assassins can get good of it : The assassin Shuriken Fury skill have + 3/4 weapon damage. So, with never spending gold, I've run thought Normal difficulty with only this weapon. Now, with around 330 000 gold, my damage is 9-19k with the legs and 23-14k damage with the skill. Kinda unbalanced because no others class can have this as fast. I've killed every boss in around 1-2 sec. A fix would be great for next patch :D
Seems {filtered} towards the other classes. But do you mind posting the things your using and have you killed Diablo on Normal yet? Since I'm getting the error there. Are you on 1.11b, do you use a d2loader plugy, etc?

Thanks.

P.S. Demon9ne Thanks for looking into this problem.

Demon9ne
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Demon9ne » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:14 pm

allas - Got that taken care of. Thanks much. (Shuriken Fury will require a held shuriken in the future.)

boobke - I just ran through the end of act 4 without crashing. I'm wondering if you're doing something that is causing the crash? Can you provide more info to me via a PM - such as the class you're playing and more importantly the skills you're using. Also anything going on when the crash occurs?

Sing_in_silence

Did some tests on the Masteries.

Post by Sing_in_silence » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:39 pm

Eyeballing Raven slvl 5's damage against raven 5, Wild Mastery 20, I'd say it works.
(compared against /p1 Death Maulers. Notable difference.)

Natural Armor Mastery (on the LCS) shows defense bonus also when wearing Chain mail / Field Plate / Light Plate.

Steel Armor Mastery:
Made a new act 5 char. Bought a Field Plate.
WP to act 1.
Lured a single Fallen to a secluded area. (Sounds bad... >_<)
Counted the damage from ~40 hits. 1-2 damage on a non-critical. (too k a 3 dmg hit, but think that was a critical.)

So, slvl 1 S.A.M. (3 iPDR) should be enough to negate all damage, yes?
Pumped S.A.M. to slvl 20 (60 iPDR). Donned by Field (steel) Plate.
Still taking 1-2 damage.

Shield Mastery:
Did the same with a Fallen Shaman (needed to kill the pack, though).
1-4 damage from a Firebolt.
Maxed S.M. (40 MDR), put on a Small Shield.
Still 1-4 damage.

Again, PlugY lists the DRs and the FHR/FBR bonuses (idk about +def against melee/ranged, though).

On a different note: Should I take it easier on you with my wall-of-text posts?

Demon9ne
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Champion of the Light

Post by Demon9ne » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:40 am

Sing_in_Silence -
* Might -> Ret. doesn't list (even in PlugY), or work, as far as I can tell.
Synergy changed to +x% maximum damage.
* 'Always hits' on elemental projectiles (e.g. Fireburst Arrow) = for elemental hit, not arrow, which is why the skill give +%AR (and requires AR on LCS), yes?
Please dumb this down for me =)
* Fireburst projectile lists no Avg fire dmg in skilldesc. Fire Proj synergy increases listed damage (should by +avg.), Exp. arrow doesn't (should be +dmg).
In fact, this too. lol
* Forgot to mention before, Shurikens don't have a weapon class.
They don't because they can't unfortunately. It's a hardcoded limit.
* Speaking of Shurikens: Trying to 'throw' a shuriken = char invisible and frozen. Game continues, though.
Can still be attacked/damaged. Haven't checked what happens when she dies.
Again, this will take some work. =) You'd be surprised the difficulty in making the assassin appear unarmed while holding a weapon.
* Ricochet = no listed damage, also, no AR check. Intended? (Chain Lightning clone?)
Also, damage is slightly delayed after projectile hits. Just so you know, if you didn't.
Ricochet uses the weapon's damage. (100%)
* Shuriken Blitz's synergy seems broken.
And in fact it is. Fixed in a forthcoming patch.
* Column of Fire's synergy from Fire Wall doesn't seem to work. The rest do.
I think this was a typo. It's hard to tell sometimes when working with long formulas... Hoping this is fixed now if it was in fact broken.
* Can only have 1 familiar alive at any given time. Obvious, but not listed.
This is listed now. =)
* Corpse Shatter says that the damage it does is '60%-100% monster HP', a la Corpse Explosion, but says nothing about additional damage.
Are the synergies a lie? Damage listed in LCS = affected by the synergies.
Edited: Corpse Shatter does 100% of the 60-100% of corpse life in cold damage, and no additional damage. Synergies are currently not working (afaik) and will change in the next patch. (Next patch syns are Ice Bolt: +6% min cold dmg/slvl and Frost Nova: +4% max cold dmg/slvl)
* PlugY doesn't list +MF from Toucan
PlugY unfortunately has a limitation in that it won't list some stats under a group modifier. (i.e. Magic Item Discovery and Addtl Gold Discovery group into Addtl Magic Item and Gold Discovery - Gold is listed, Magic item discovery isn't.)

...and finally, Armor Masteries (Natural/Steel) and Shield Mastery are probably going to be rebuilt to function optimally. You can thank the enemy in the Monastery for that... (Something in the files I'm working with was half-assed to begin with.)
No. I should probably be paying you though. :P

btw, this does exist, unlike that website that disappeared. :)
Last edited by Demon9ne on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sing_in_silence

Post by Sing_in_silence » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:24 am

Nice job on the Necro's Poison and Bone skills.
There are too many interesting choices, I'm currently level 12 with only 1 point (Bone Armor) spent.
I don't know what to choose! :P
(Paladin's on a break in Act 2 Sewers. Making a different character so I have something with which to compare difficulty.)

(I'm thinking of Poison Dagger with a poisonous dagger (for the increase in duration).)
(P.S.
I notice that Venom Scythe now has synergies? :p)

Btw,
You are aware that %Reanimate works with spells as well, right?
Makes for a cheap (skillpoint-wise. No synergies, no effect from Summon Resist) meatwall for a caster. :twisted:
(And if, purely hypothetically of course, a venturesome Necro-caster decided to invest some points into Iron Maiden as well... :twisted:)

Shame about the Might -> Ret. synergy. More damage is always good, but I have a soft spot for Crushing Blow with Zeal :twisted:

(Off topic note to self: Stop using the twisted smiley!)
Edit: In 1.04b, Spirit of Barbs' thorns doesn't reflect ranged elemental attacks (sucj as a Fallen Shaman's firebolt).
Haven't checked in 1.04.

Demon9ne";p="409372" wrote:
Please dumb this down for me =)
Ah sorry. I copy-pasted that from my list and forgot to 'compile' it into English from me-speak. :oops:

Fireburst Arrow's (for example) skilldesc says 'Always hits'.
However, the skill gives an %AR bonus, as well as requiring an AR check to hit (I know this because the LCS shows your AR when the skill's on L/RMB).
So I was verifying that the 'Always hits' is referring to the elemental nova component, whereas the arrow itself requires AR and so benefits from the bonus.

In fact, this too. lol
Err, yeah... See above >_>

As opposed to (for example) Meteor, which lists both Fire damage (from the hit) and Average Fire damage per second (from the ground-fires), Fireburst's skilldesc only has an entry for fire damage.

However, it has synergies for both fire damage, and Avg fire dmg/sec.
(Read: Skilldesc is missing an Average Fire damage per second entry.)

Now, the synergy that's supposed to increase the *fire damage* section does nothing (on the skilldesc, anyway), whereas the *avg/sec* synergy increases the fire damage damage (in the skilldesc).

Edit:
So, LCS lists 2 damages: Arrow and Fire damage.
The synergy that (actually) increases fire damage increases the listed fire damage too.
The synergy that('s supposed to) increase avg/sec doesn't change the damage listed.

Was going to compare to Vanilla Meteor.
I just realized that I don't recall how that's listed. :oops:

Demon9ne";p="409372" wrote:Re: Shurikens
Hardcoded problems suck.
Don't rush on my behalf, I'm just giving feedback.

Demon9ne";p="409372" wrote:Re: PlugY and Toucan
Yeah, I expected that it was something like that.
Mentioned it anyway though, in case I was wrong :P

No. I should probably be paying you though. :P
Hehe
I'm enjoying your work, imho the least I can do is reciprocate with (hopefully) constructive feedback, no?

P.S.
I'm learning to use empty lines for greater ease-of-reading.
(Although it does make my (tiresomely) long posts even (tiresomelier?) longer. Oh well. :P)
Demon9ne";p="409372" wrote:...and finally, Armor Masteries (Natural/Steel) and Shield Mastery are probably going to be rebuilt to function optimally.
Awesome! :mrgreen:

Demon9ne";p="409372" wrote:You can thank the enemy in the Monastery for that...
Err yeah, about that... There might be a bit of a problem...

On a completely unrelated note... I'm looking to hire a level 30+ Necromancer for a short and easy job.
Any takers? :P

Demon9ne";p="409372" wrote:btw, this does exist, unlike that website that disappeared. :)
Weeee! *party*
I dislike on-line shopping, so I never thought to look... Thanks! ^_^

P.S.
* Scavenger Quests telling you the reward before you (have to buy them to) open them = great.

Features" wrote:(about dirt paths)... You must forge your own path.
^_^

Features" wrote:Known Bugs
• The Barbarian river tattoo has hidden belt slots. (Possibly unfixable.)
It's my understanding that Blizzard hardcoded the # of belt-slots to itemtype or somesuch.
I'll look up the source if you'd like.
(Brother Laz explaining why his belts only have 2 slots.)

Cheers ^_^

P.S.
Holy carp. Longest post yet? o.o

P.P.S
Speaking of Raven, I forgot:
They now *actually* peck your enemies eyes out! (Hit blinds target) :P
(*mutter* Although they regenerate their eyeballs suspiciously fast... *mutter*)
(This isn't an obvious change to someone who knows cLoD ravens.)

Another forgot:
I love the new and improved descriptions!
The descriptive ones are very helpful, and the fun ones... :P
(e.g. 'Bane of All Adventurers. (No Treasure?!)' :lol:)
Last edited by Sing_in_silence on Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “The Sandbox”