Maybe that would be interesting...

This is the place for people to research themes and ideas for their mods as well as for others to post their suggestions for mod makers to make use of.

Moderator: Nefarius

DewMan
Paladin

Maybe that would be interesting...

Post by DewMan » Wed Aug 14, 2002 8:19 pm

How about giving a char, for example replace the Paladin conversion skill by a skill that would transmute the monster you convert in your hireling...
You could equip the monster and so on...

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:06 am

Unfortunately this would require way too much code editing to accomplish... it is a good idea though.

DewMan
Paladin

Post by DewMan » Thu Aug 15, 2002 7:48 am

If I had any modding knowledges I would make a mod that is level based just like D1...
I mean I would keep the action in Act 1(for example...) and making dungeons entrance in Blood Moor... With some hidden places where you can go... Different entrance could be placed somewhere else and someshould be harder than other...

Kraj
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Kraj » Thu Aug 15, 2002 5:23 pm

I'm pretty sure it would be possible for you to string all the levels into one big dungeon within each Act (you cannot cross acts, though). It might make for an interesting concept.

Spectre

Post by Spectre » Thu Aug 15, 2002 5:25 pm

I actually thought of trying to made a mod like that... based on D1.

Have everyone skill three have at lease some elematal stuff if not all. I bet changing how skills are assigned would almost be impossible, but maybe make the book of skill drop and take away the skill reward for leveling... There are a lot of thimgs you could do with this if you really wanted to... Not sure on how hard it would be to do.

DewMan
Paladin

Post by DewMan » Thu Aug 15, 2002 6:33 pm

Spectre, That's a good idea, and I am sure that if I try hardly it would be not that hard to accomplish...
The thing that would be hard if making books that only put one points into a specific skill...

Return to “Mod Concepts & Research”