Here`s some ideas.

This is the place for people to research themes and ideas for their mods as well as for others to post their suggestions for mod makers to make use of.

Moderator: Nefarius

SSiNN

Here`s some ideas.

Post by SSiNN » Sun Aug 18, 2002 6:19 pm

I`m bored out of my ass right now so here`s some ideas:
1: I`ve seen elixers in a bunch of mods, but adding 1 to a stat is really, really useless, so making that 5 would be somewhat nicer.
2: When i first started diablo 2 classic and saw the description of the immolation arrow, i thought it would fire an arrow and would explode into lotsa fireballs as in Diablo Hellfire`s immolation spell, to my dissapointment it made this lousy little piece of crappy fire, but could this be changed to actually do that immolation a la hellfire? or just a frost nova look-a-like but changed to a red colour that does fire dmg, even though a red poison nova would probably be somwhat more cool. And thesame for freezing arrow, shouldn`t be too hard to replace the current "explosion" with a nova-like explosion.
3: speaking of poison nova, does this work like regular nova or are they all actually individual missiles? no idea, just a question, because this would be a so much more cool skill if it were on a sorceress and didn`t do poison damage, but fire damage. if you do, just replace it with enchant :)
4: get rid of that 1/3 fire damage on ranged attacks on enchant, cuz it makes it suck even worse.
5: redo the stats of the new sets, cuz they all suck so bad, like who would wear griswolds set while even baranar`s and\or lightsabre would do more damage.
6: Make the radius on glacial spike, freezing arrow, immolation arrow, fireball, and other increase per lvl, to make those viable (is that a word) skills.
7: no idea, just saying: "hope these help"

Apocalypse Demon
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Re: Here`s some ideas.

Post by Apocalypse Demon » Sun Aug 18, 2002 7:14 pm

SSiNN" wrote: 1: I`ve seen elixers in a bunch of mods, but adding 1 to a stat is really, really useless, so making that 5 would be somewhat nicer.
This will make them too powerful. Giving +1 to a stat is pretty good, but it depends on how rare you make your elixirs. If you make them drop as often as weapons like Cryptic swords, then +1 to a stat point is good enough. But if you make them drop as often as Sacred Armor(!), then perhaps they need a boost. In any case, this change requires .dll editing, and I don't think anyone has found the location of the elixirs code yet.
SSiNN" wrote:3: speaking of poison nova, does this work like regular nova or are they all actually individual missiles? no idea, just a question, because this would be a so much more cool skill if it were on a sorceress and didn`t do poison damage, but fire damage. if you do, just replace it with enchant :)
All novas(Nova, FrostNova, Poison Nova, etc) are made of individual missiles. So it's pretty easy to just change the missile used to some sort of fire explosion or cloud, so you'll have a nova sending out fire clouds.
Human beings are foolish. They lack the ability to learn. They make the same mistakes over and over, yet still they do not change. They live each day only to consume, like a repeating loop in a program...

SSiNN

Post by SSiNN » Sun Aug 18, 2002 8:24 pm

what if someone were to change the nova missile (if any) to an icebolt, would it shoot out ice bolts in all directions?

Apocalypse Demon
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Hand-picked

Post by Apocalypse Demon » Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:15 pm

SSiNN" wrote:what if someone were to change the nova missile (if any) to an icebolt, would it shoot out ice bolts in all directions?
Yes, it will shoot out Icebolts in all directions. Whatever missile you put in there, it will shoot it as a Nova(heh, Molten Bolder nova anyone?).
Human beings are foolish. They lack the ability to learn. They make the same mistakes over and over, yet still they do not change. They live each day only to consume, like a repeating loop in a program...

Sephorus
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Sephorus » Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:38 pm

(heh, Molten Bolder nova anyone?)
How about a Frozen Orb nova? Or a Chain Lightning nova? Or a Tornado nova? *chuckles* I hope you have a good computer system.
I`ve seen elixers in a bunch of mods, but adding 1 to a stat is really, really useless, so making that 5 would be somewhat nicer.
Like Apoc said, it depends on how often they drop. Besides, something like this would be very iffy to balance out... drop too often, and you can have godly characters at level 10. Drop too infrequently, and a set of exceptional gear may be difficult to wear.
Be sure to read the Terms of Service or, by Buddha, I'll beat you with a stick.
[fade]The Echo is coming...[/fade]
I shut up now. - J.V.

SSiNN

Post by SSiNN » Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:53 am

just put a lvl req on em, blizzard put a req lvl of 24 on one of those goddamn throwing potions, which makes 0 sense, but hey, it`s blizzard. I`m gonna f**k around with nova`s myself for a little bit, hmmmm, guess i should back up first.

SSiNN

Post by SSiNN » Mon Aug 19, 2002 7:38 am

So i changed it to fireball, it fired a huge amount of fireballs, then crashed out of the game, i`ve reduced the amount of missiles in skills.txt, but what exactly do i have to change in missiles.txt? not really a question for this forum but it might give someone an idea.

Sephorus
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Sephorus » Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:51 pm

You'll probably get better answers (and sooner, I might add) in the Code Editing forum. I'm not going to move the thread over there, but I'm just saying it - 'tis my position to mention that. *grins*

As for level requirements on potions, it only makes no sense because the power of the potion isn't worth the level requirement. Very early on, yeah, potions are great, but they quickly lose their use. Now, if you added some punch to those suckers, then you could quite possibly earn yourself a level 70+ requirement... although you'd need one badarse potion. *chuckles*
Be sure to read the Terms of Service or, by Buddha, I'll beat you with a stick.
[fade]The Echo is coming...[/fade]
I shut up now. - J.V.

Return to “Mod Concepts & Research”